Forum Closed  

22-08-2016, 10:58   #1
DEGIRO
Verified representative

DEGIRO Q&A - Ask us anything

DEGIRO would like to communicate directly with you. Should you have any questions or remarks about DEGIRO, feel free to respond below.

If you have a private question please write us at clients@degiro.ie or dial +353 (0)1 513 4951 if you would rather speak to us in person.
Advertisement
22-08-2016, 16:48   #2
BrokenArrows

When performing a trade in a foreign currency do you use the market spot rate to perform the currency conversion?
Are they any additional foreign exchange fees?

Your Fee Schedule (https://www.degiro.co.uk/data/pdf/uk...eschedule.pdf) indicates that US transactions have a €0.50 + USD 0.004 per share.
Since i am trading in GBP if i was to purchase 1000 shares x $1.00 per share i would expect the fees to be €0.50 + (1000 x $0.004)

Current Spot Rates
EURGBP = 0.8615
USDGBP = 0.7613

Share Purchase Price : $1000.00 = £761.30
Fees : €0.50 + (1000 x $0.004) = £0.43075 + (1000 x £0.0030452) = £3.47595
Total Cost: £764.77595

Are my calculations correct here or are there any additional costs involved?

Last edited by BrokenArrows; 22-08-2016 at 17:01.
23-08-2016, 08:20   #3
DEGIRO
Verified representative

When purchasing in a foreign currency, the exchange rate which you will pay is the spot rate + 0.1%. We offer the possibility for manual currency transactions which costs 10 euro + 0.02%. This is favorable for larger currency transactions.

In your example the total transaction costs will be 4.24 of which 0.76 are for exchanging the currency. If you would be buying 10 shares for 100 dollars each you would be paying 1.22 of which 0.76 are for exchanging the currency.

Hope this answers your question.
Thanks from:
23-08-2016, 14:32   #4
BrokenArrows

Its great that you are able to offer such low fees but im sad to say the trader has so many blatantly obvious problems. Does your development department even have a QA team?

You mentioned before that there is a new trader being released in the future. Is this a full rewrite of the existing platform? What changes should we expect.

Because im not sure i can be a customer when i receive constant errors when attempting to make orders (This morning i had to attempt a sell order about 20 times before it actually worked, Not really ideal if it had been a time sensitive trade). Values in my portfolio and account are just wrong (Having to use another system to check prices accurately is bad)

Last edited by BrokenArrows; 23-08-2016 at 14:37.
23-08-2016, 16:32   #5
DEGIRO
Verified representative

We generally receive positive feedback about our platform but are always happy to get feedback on points of improvement. Since our launch we have been developing our platform and will continue to do so. The platform should not give any unexpected errors and we would appreciate feedback on the specific situation so we can help you directly. If you want to discuss this in private you can contact us at clients@degiro.ie or clients@degiro.co.uk for UK clients.
Advertisement
23-08-2016, 20:30   #6
Sabre Man

How can day result be positive while day difference is negative and vice versa?
24-08-2016, 08:00   #7
DEGIRO
Verified representative

Dear Sabre Man,

The day difference is calculated based on the previous close related to the current trading price of a single security. The day result of the portfolio on the other hand will also take into account effects such as currency fluctuations and fees if you had purchased the securities that day. So it could be possible that a stock decreases in value yet your portfolio shows a gain.

All the best, DEGIRO
24-08-2016, 09:39   #8
Sabre Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEGIRO View Post
Dear Sabre Man,

The day difference is calculated based on the previous close related to the current trading price of a single security. The day result of the portfolio on the other hand will also take into account effects such as currency fluctuations and fees if you had purchased the securities that day. So it could be possible that a stock decreases in value yet your portfolio shows a gain.

All the best, DEGIRO
These are stocks I have held for a long time so no fees are involved.
24-08-2016, 09:42   #9
Sabre Man

For instance, right now my CSCO shares show a day result of -0,14 EUR while day difference is 1.14%.

Edit: Also, my VEUR ETF, which is in Euros, is showing a positive day result and a negative day difference.

Last edited by Sabre Man; 24-08-2016 at 10:47.
Advertisement
24-08-2016, 11:59   #10
DEGIRO
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre Man View Post
For instance, right now my CSCO shares show a day result of -0,14 EUR while day difference is 1.14%.

Edit: Also, my VEUR ETF, which is in Euros, is showing a positive day result and a negative day difference.
Dear Sabre Man,

With CSCO as this is a US security, you may see a negative day result while the stock has increased in price due to the share being listed in a foreign currency. For the Vanguard ETF, please verify that you are looking at the Day Result tab and not the Result tab as the latter will take into effect all past transactions in this product.

We have checked the data with these securities and it appears correct on our system. Our policy is not to discuss private account details online. If you see any such discrepancies on your account please contact us at clients@degiro.ie or call +353 (0)1513 4951.
24-08-2016, 12:52   #11
Sabre Man

VEUR has a positive value in Day Result (3.89) while the Day Diff. % is negative (-0,10%). I own 15 shares.
24-08-2016, 22:01   #12
Johnny Jukebox

Just set up an account - when I try to login with Chrome, I get invalid username/password error.

When I try to login with Microsoft Edge, it works fine.

Does your application support Chrome ?

Also, downloaded the iOS app - login hangs indefinitely.
25-08-2016, 09:50   #13
Sabre Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Jukebox View Post
Just set up an account - when I try to login with Chrome, I get invalid username/password error.

I use Chrome all the time (on Windows 7).
25-08-2016, 09:55   #14
DEGIRO
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Jukebox View Post

Dear Johnny Jukebox,

This is a problem which some of our users have reported when using Google Chrome. When logging into your Degiro account, our website is set up to block out with asterisks both your username and password rather than only blocking out the password. This causes Google Chrome to autofill in both the username and password. Manually filling in username and password should solve it for now. But we are currently in the process of releasing two step verification access which should resolve this issue altogether.

The iOS app should not have log in problems. There could be some account specifics causing problems but our policy is not to discuss account specifics online. Please contact our service desk at +353 (0)1513 4951 or e-mail through clients@degiro.ie.
25-08-2016, 21:10   #15
Johnny Jukebox

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEGIRO View Post
Dear Johnny Jukebox,

This is a problem which some of our users have reported when using Google Chrome. When logging into your Degiro account, our website is set up to block out with asterisks both your username and password rather than only blocking out the password. This causes Google Chrome to autofill in both the username and password. Manually filling in username and password should solve it for now. But we are currently in the process of releasing two step verification access which should resolve this issue altogether.

The iOS app should not have log in problems. There could be some account specifics causing problems but our policy is not to discuss account specifics online. Please contact our service desk at +353 (0)1513 4951 or e-mail through clients@degiro.ie.
Manually filling in username and password did not work.

What did work is going to the password manager under settings and deleting the stored password for degiro.nl and then reattempting login and then telling Chrome to never store the username/password when prompted.

FYI - worked fine in Firefox - all on Windows 10.
Forum Closed