Forum Closed  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
24-11-2017, 01:00   #466
McGixxer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedwell View Post
Your explanation is at variance with the facts of the case.
If you say so.
McGixxer is offline  
Advertisement
24-11-2017, 07:23   #467
Speedwell
Registered User
 
Speedwell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 3,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGixxer View Post
If you say so.
Yes, I do say so, because I'm the one who knows them. And now you're just trolling, because you don't.
Speedwell is offline  
Thanks from:
24-11-2017, 08:33   #468
Kintarō Hattori
All Round Nice Guy
 
Kintarō Hattori's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 13,933
Hi Lindell,

Like so many others here I bought the 10,000 mAh 'Xiaomi' power bank which only just holds enough to charge a Samsung Galaxy S5. Order number was W1710230846578469. I've opened a ticket several days ago on the Gearbest site but had zero response.

The unit clearly isn't Xiaomi as it A doesn't hold enough charge and B, the build quality of it is poor and it doesn't authenticate on the Xiaomi site.

I'd appreciate some response to this matter here as I've had nothing back from the ticket I opened.
Kintarō Hattori is offline  
Thanks from:
24-11-2017, 12:11   #469
banie01
Registered User
 
banie01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 9,832
Gearbest, are there any plans to offer discount on Tevo Tornado or Creality CR10 3D printers?
Or any plans to market a kit complete with Laser engraver and CNC mill?
banie01 is offline  
24-11-2017, 14:40   #470
teotwawki
Registered User
 
teotwawki's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1,560
Lindell, a bunch of people here ordered the Xiaomi Power Bank 2 10,000mAh and got low-capacity fakes/seconds.

Have you investigated this issue and removed these units from your inventory? If I order one today (or recommend someone) am I going to get a legit unit or another one of these dodgy ones? Do you not realise that by not acknowledging the problem and outlining what steps you have taken to prevent it happening again, you are hurting your sales in the long run? If it's a crapshoot where maybe i'm going to get a legit unit and maybe i'm not, I just won't bother.
teotwawki is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
24-11-2017, 15:11   #471
llawanoj
Registered User
 
llawanoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1
Hi Lindell,
I bought an item from your website on the 10th of November order number W1711101637342944
I got an email that it had been shipped on the 11th of November, with a tracking number which does not work.
The order status is at "shipped" but has not changed to "dispatched" yet.
I get the message 'Sorry, your shipping information has not updated yet' when I click on the tracking link.
Could you have a look please?
llawanoj is offline  
26-11-2017, 16:29   #472
UsedToWait
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by teotwawki View Post
Lindell, a bunch of people here ordered the Xiaomi Power Bank 2 10,000mAh and got low-capacity fakes/seconds.

Have you investigated this issue and removed these units from your inventory? If I order one today (or recommend someone) am I going to get a legit unit or another one of these dodgy ones? Do you not realise that by not acknowledging the problem and outlining what steps you have taken to prevent it happening again, you are hurting your sales in the long run? If it's a crapshoot where maybe i'm going to get a legit unit and maybe i'm not, I just won't bother.
Lindell has been online posting since you asked this, but is ignoring the issue.

Has anyone who was scammed with fake powerbanks PM'd Boards.ie:Niamh to ask her what the site's rationale is for having as a sponsor, and thus legitimising, a company selling counterfeit electrical goods?
UsedToWait is offline  
Thanks from:
26-11-2017, 16:31   #473
Basil3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 12,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsedToWait View Post
Lindell has been online posting since you asked this, but is ignoring the issue.

Has anyone who was scammed with fake powerbanks PM'd Boards.ie:Niamh to ask her what the site's rationale is for having as a sponsor, and thus legitimising, a company selling counterfeit electrical goods?
I opened a ticket, and PMd Lindell. It was sorted quickly.
Basil3 is offline  
26-11-2017, 16:36   #474
UsedToWait
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basil3 View Post
I opened a ticket, and PMd Lindell. It was sorted quickly.
That's not the point I'm making though.

Sure, people got refunds, but this company, with a history of dodgy practices on this site, and now welcomed in to the fold as a 'legitimate' corporate sponsor, is selling counterfeit (thus illegal) and likely dangerous products, with the impramatur of boards.ie
UsedToWait is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
26-11-2017, 17:01   #475
McGixxer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsedToWait View Post
That's not the point I'm making though.

Sure, people got refunds, but this company, with a history of dodgy practices on this site, and now welcomed in to the fold as a 'legitimate' corporate sponsor, is selling counterfeit (thus illegal) and likely dangerous products, with the impramatur of boards.ie
I reported my own post and asked why Gearbest weren't banned for selling counterfeit goods.

Counterfeit goods is the norm in China but when big companies do it it's for a reason.
I'm not 100% sure how it works but it's something to do with it being all but impossible to get money out of China, so Chinese companies try to get as big as possible, as fast as possible. They do this by constantly having sales, and in those sales will be lots of counterfeit goods.
The company then approaches the government and applies for a massive loan, ostensibly to expand or float the company or something. The government hands them a huge load of money and the owners disappear with it.
The reason they can get away with it is the money is given to the individual, but the company is responsible for paying it back.
Or something like that.
I've heard there's another big Chinese company doing exactly the same thing.
McGixxer is offline  
26-11-2017, 17:22   #476
UsedToWait
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,179
^ I've never heard about the second part of your post, and would say it's [citation required], but I'm surprised the mod who read your reported post, didn't escalate it to the Boards employees.
UsedToWait is offline  
26-11-2017, 22:00   #477
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 864
Boards response to this is on this page,

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057809214/7
Kuva is offline  
Thanks from:
26-11-2017, 22:19   #478
UsedToWait
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuva View Post
Boards response to this is on this page,

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057809214/7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boards
Finally, for all sponsored posts and sponsored subforums, Boards cannot and does not police or vet all the products or services being promoted by the brand in question nor does it endorse them. We merely provide a place on Boards for those brands which are users are then free to visit or not, as they see fit.
That's a complete cop out.

Of course you don't vet each product, but when it is made clear to you that you're profiting from a criminal enterprise, which counterfeiting certainly is, that makes you complicit in the fraud.

Boards is legitimising this crowd, who haven't shown an ounce of remorse at having defrauded, and likely endangered, boards users.
UsedToWait is offline  
27-11-2017, 13:18   #479
McGixxer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsedToWait View Post
That's a complete cop out.

Of course you don't vet each product, but when it is made clear to you that you're profiting from a criminal enterprise, which counterfeiting certainly is, that makes you complicit in the fraud.

Boards is legitimising this crowd, who haven't shown an ounce of remorse at having defrauded, and likely endangered, boards users.
It's exactly the response I was expecting from them.
Money trumps all.
McGixxer is offline  
Thanks from:
27-11-2017, 16:49   #480
ED E
Registered User
 
ED E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 35,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsedToWait View Post
That's a complete cop out.

Of course you don't vet each product, but when it is made clear to you that you're profiting from a criminal enterprise, which counterfeiting certainly is, that makes you complicit in the fraud.

Boards is legitimising this crowd, who haven't shown an ounce of remorse at having defrauded, and likely endangered, boards users.
Ahem.

ED E is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Forum Closed

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet