02-07-2017, 18:24   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Coulson View Post
Finally got around to watching Blade the series it wasn't great but it also wasn't as bad as I was expecting either.

I really would love to see Marvel reboot Blade either in the film MCU or even better on Netflix.
Weird, I was just talking about this series last night and how I never got past maybe the second episode despite it being fine.

Film or Netflix would be good with me but I'd probably also lean towards Netflix.
Advertisement
02-07-2017, 18:30   #62
Agent Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervous Wreck View Post
Weird, I was just talking about this series last night and how I never got past maybe the second episode despite it being fine.

Film or Netflix would be good with me but I'd probably also lean towards Netflix.
For me Wesley Snipes Blade really doesn't get the credit it deserves for kickstarting the modern *Marvel films and I would love to see Blade given a backing and I would also pick Netflix.

*X-Men seems to get that.
02-07-2017, 18:32   #63
Agent Coulson

Next up is the Birds of Prey series.
02-07-2017, 18:33   #64

Couldn't agree more. People always credit X-Men and even Spider-Man with kicking it all off but Blade got there first and was, imo, much better than either of them. I tried to go see it in the Savoy when it came out but I was in first year and the guy wouldn't let me in. Ended up having to wait til it was out on video and buying it!
Thanks from:
02-07-2017, 18:37   #65
Agent Coulson

That opening scene of Blade is still one of the greatest starting points to any movie.

Snipes just got Blade.

NSFW

Sh1t I'm off to watch Blade now.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
02-07-2017, 19:26   #66
pixelburp

Quote:
Finally got around to watching Blade the series it wasn't great but it also wasn't as bad as I was expecting either.

I really would love to see Marvel reboot Blade either in the film MCU or even better on Netflix.
I dunno how/if it could work but I'd lean towards some form of tier 2 universe, the comics universe always felt a little over stuffed and I worry the same is happening with the MCU. Blade totally deserves another shake but throwing vampires et al into the MCU feels weird. Maybe some parallel universe, ring fencing tone appropriate works together...
02-07-2017, 19:42   #67
Agent Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelburp View Post
I dunno how/if it could work but I'd lean towards some form of tier 2 universe, the comics universe always felt a little over stuffed and I worry the same is happening with the MCU. Blade totally deserves another shake but throwing vampires et al into the MCU feels weird. Maybe some parallel universe, ring fencing tone appropriate works together...
They opened the door for it on AoS with Darkhold.

For me Blade really does deserve to have his place in the MCU you could stick him on a Netflix series in the same way the Defenders are there once that run is over.

They are part of the MCU but not directly linked as such.

There was talk of doing a Marvel Knights run on Netflix the same way they did The Defenders and I think that would work.

A Blade series
A Ghost Rider series
A Moon Knight series

They could even do a Man-Thing series

Bring them altogether as a team in the end.
02-07-2017, 19:53   #68

Quote:
They opened the door for it on AoS with Darkhold.

For me Blade really does deserve to have his place in the MCU you could stick him on a Netflix series in the same way the Defenders are there once that run is over.

They are part of the MCU but not directly linked as such.

There was talk of doing a Marvel Knights run on Netflix the same way they did The Defenders and I think that would work.

A Blade series
A Ghost Rider series
A Moon Knight series

They could even do a Man-Thing series

Bring them altogether as a team in the end.
Wouldn't be into Man-Thing but Nighthawk would be a cool fourth to that team...
02-07-2017, 20:03   #69
Agent Coulson

Ah I have a soft spot for Man-Thing.
Advertisement
02-07-2017, 21:31   #70
Penn

Quote:
Ah I have a soft spot for Man-Thing.
(2) thanks from:
03-07-2017, 08:56   #71
Doctor DooM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervous Wreck View Post
Couldn't agree more. People always credit X-Men and even Spider-Man with kicking it all off but Blade got there first and was, imo, much better than either of them. I tried to go see it in the Savoy when it came out but I was in first year and the guy wouldn't let me in. Ended up having to wait til it was out on video and buying it!
I love going back and watching Blade now. You're both 100% correct never gets the credit it deserves- I love watching it kinda half defining what super hero films would be for the next decade after years out in the cold.
(2) thanks from:
07-07-2017, 11:42   #72
Penn

Stan Lee's wife Joan died last night at 93. Married for almost 70 years.
08-07-2017, 01:06   #73
Slydice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn View Post
Stan Lee's wife Joan died last night at 93. Married for almost 70 years.
Just watched this. Got me in the feels
15-07-2017, 22:44   #74

So now that Infinity War footage has been seen publicly, I have to avoid the Upcoming MCU movies thread... does anyone else avoid trailers, footage, news etc like I do? I full on leave my fiancée sitting alone in the cinema when Marvel trailers come on. I just leave the screen. But when the movie roll around and literally every moment is fresh to me, I'm always really thankful for that.
15-07-2017, 22:58   #75
pixelburp

Leaving the screen seems a bit much! But honestly, I try to find a balance: trailers can be a bit risky, but by and large the MCU trailers don't tend to be as spoilerific as other studios' so I'm happy to watch them. Generally, I like to get some sense of how a film is shaping up, visually tonally etc. anyway and promos / trailers are as good a way as any. The D23 stuff is easily avoided while it's still just written transcripts imo...

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion