Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

JSA / JSB Waiting times Survey

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭IT Loser

IT Loser wrote: »
    JSA
    BRAY
    Applied May 4th
    Nothing yet.

My claim was "approved" on Sept 5th, I got a letter today, then I got a phone call today also, telling me I was not in payment and that I had to call into the office for some meeting.

Well and truly annoyed by it all now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

My claim was "approved" on Sept 5th, I got a letter today, then I got a phone call today also, telling me I was not in payment and that I had to call into the office for some meeting.

Well and truly annoyed by it all now.

Man that sucks, I know you;ve been waiting a very long time - did it work out for you?

tommy21 wrote: »
    Man that sucks, I know you;ve been waiting a very long time - did it work out for you?

Nah, not yet, the meeting isn't until 9:45am tomorrow, Chewsday de 8th.

I will keep you all informed.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Social Welfare Office: Finglas
    Social Welfare Payment:Jobseekers Allowance
    made redundant: 27 may
    Application Date:2 june brought p45 on 4 june
    first payment recieved:10june
    Weeks from Application to Payment:1 weeks

A guy i worked with who lived in sword's said he was waiting over 6week's and asked me why mine only took a week. I said everyone in Finglas is already on the dole.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Mask wrote: »
    A guy i worked with who lived in sword's said he was waiting over 6week's and asked me why mine only took a week. I said everyone in Finglas is already on the dole.

:D LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭BravoMike

Finally my claim has been approved and my payments are coming through. It's a relief, does anyone have an idea how long before the back pay is issued? I have tried ringing Social Welfare a good few times and the people I talk to keep telling me that they are not over my hatch and will call me back! I'm still waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Jafin

I got all my backpay the first time I went to collect. Should be the same for you. Make sure you have enough pocket space though if youve been waiting a while, itl probably be handed to you in wads of €50s or €100s.

If it's a very large amount of backpay, you get it in a cheque mailed to your home.

Thanks for that,
    Im recieving my third payment tomorrow, another thing I recieve my payments by cheque I haven't gone to the post office once and I also have not recieved any letter telling me to sign at a certain hatch. Sure I'll keep ringing

Xiney wrote: »
    If it's a very large amount of backpay, you get it in a cheque mailed to your home.

What constitutes a very large amount? My first payment was almost €1400 and it was given to me in cash.

• Advertisement

BravoMike wrote: »
    Thanks for that,
    Im recieving my third payment tomorrow, another thing I recieve my payments by cheque I haven't gone to the post office once and I also have not recieved any letter telling me to sign at a certain hatch. Sure I'll keep ringing

I dont think they tell you what hatch to sign at in a letter, you just go to the local office and each hatch has a few letters assigned to them (eg. hatch 1 A-G, Hatch 2 H-M etc.) and you just follow that queue depending on the first letter of your surname.
    Thats how it was at my office when I was signing on anyway.
    Thankfully Im off the dole now after being on almost a year.

Jafin wrote: »
    I dont think they tell you what hatch to sign at in a letter, you just go to the local office and each hatch has a few letters assigned to them (eg. hatch 1 A-G, Hatch 2 H-M etc.) and you just follow that queue depending on the first letter of your surname.
    Thats how it was at my office when I was signing on anyway.
    Thankfully Im off the dole now after being on almost a year.

Fair enough, I'm just confused I have been recieving payments but have been told nothing about signing.
    Your one of the lucky ones

Jafin wrote: »
    What constitutes a very large amount? My first payment was almost €1400 and it was given to me in cash.

somewhere around 2000 I think, but I'm not sure. My first payment was way over that and it was sent by cheque.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭miec

Hi all

I am still waiting, it is four months now, although I've been told I should get paid this week or next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭xtradel

Waiting 9 weeks since yesterday from the Galway office for jobseekers benefit. Rang numerous times & always left on hold for 20-30 mins before giving up. Once sombody lifted the reciever & put it back down again, charming!

Rang Cork City Office today to query something small, and they actually answered the second time I rang! Things are looking up :) In all fairness I have found the SWO there to be top notch really, can't complain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 martinabiala

Place: Galway
    Application made on 24 April 2009, still no responce.
    No interview, nothing. Worked for 4 years so JB entitled.
    Went to them last month, ''your application is pending'' - that is all I heard after 4 hours waiting time...
    The lady was not very pleasant to deal with...

Applied for SWA end of May, went thru all the paperwork (Gardai, Tax, Local Housing Authority for rent supplement, account status etc.)
    Received it 3 June, otherwise would have starved... But they just said, that it takes too long with my Social Welfare JB aplication and something must be wrong filled in...Does anyone know can CWO suspend my payments while I am awaiting JB ?

I dont know what to do next... I can't make an appeal because I didn't get a decision. Does anyone know what could I do to speed it up? Maybe write to The Office of the Ombudsman? But they will also ask for some evidence, like decision or so...
    One of my friends is waiting for his JA since december 2008 and his first interview will take place in october 2009 ! It is not a joke...

Could someone tell me what is it means test? How does it look? Or maybe give a link with information about it? There is no specification at Social Welfare website and Citizens website ...

Is JB means tested or not?

I heard, that they ask for proof of actual jobseeking at the interview, but I dont have any, companies usually do not send responces to applications!!!

All that is a nightmare to me!

I hope to find some job 4 Xmas ...

Could someone tell me what is it means test? How does it look? Or maybe give a link with information about it? There is no specification at Social Welfare website and Citizens website ...

Is JB means tested or not?

I heard, that they ask for proof of actual jobseeking at the interview, but I dont have any, companies usually do not send responces to applications!!!

All that is a nightmare to me!

I hope to find some job 4 Xmas ...

Don't take this the wrong way, but all that info is on both websites, so you best look again, or alternatively browse the forum, or post a specific question out there if you can't find the answer.

Okay then just to confirm:

Applied May 2009, Bray, Jobseekers Allowance.

Received first payment Wednesday, September 9th, 2009.

Entering regular payment as of Tuesday 15th 2009.

• Advertisement

Okay then just to confirm:

Applied May 2009, Bray, Jobseekers Allowance.

Received first payment Wednesday, September 9th, 2009.

Entering regular payment as of Tuesday 15th 2009.

Hurrah!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

Applied first week May 2009, Tullamore, Jobseekers Allowance (was outside the last two tax years as worked abroad)
    Interviewed end of August.
    Payment started second week in September.

Whatever about the wait, and the non answering of phones, the staff were very polite and friendly, and excellent to deal with when I did get face to face time with them.

tommy21 wrote: »
    Don't take this the wrong way, but all that info is on both websites, so you best look again, or alternatively browse the forum, or post a specific question out there if you can't find the answer.

You could easly answer my questions in those 38 words you wrote, i wouldn't ask for it here if there was answer somwhere else......:eek:
    I have checked their websites several times and there is no info how the means test looks, it only says : ' JA is means tested...' JB is not...

Fortunately i've got a job, so have no more interest in all that :D...

You could easly answer my questions in those 38 words you wrote, i wouldn't ask for it here if there was answer somwhere else......:eek:
    I have checked their websites several times and there is no info how the means test looks, it only says : ' JA is means tested...' JB is not...

Fortunately i've got a job, so have no more interest in all that :D...

Well you have to do a bit of the ground work yourself like. Google means test social welfare (narrow it to Ireland) and you get
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/social-welfare/irish-social-welfare-system/means-test-for-social-welfare-payments/means-test

Simple.

But as you said you won't need the info now that you've secured a job. I'm sure you'll come back and help other people out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭crushproof

JSB
    Dun Laoghaire

Applied last Thursday, got a call two days later to say my claim had been processed and my first payment can be collected this Thursday! :eek:

Amazingly fast.

What the heck?! I've been waiting since June for mine! Grrr!

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

crushproof wrote: »
    What the heck?! I've been waiting since June for mine! Grrr!

Been waiting since May, same office - went in last week and asked for an update, the woman said that someone had been assigned for a means test on Aug 27th and he should have been in touch by now... but to sit tight and they'll get round to it. :/

In reciept of payment but my back pay has been refused and has not been paid. Im seriously pissed off at this stage :mad::mad:

Hi BravoMike

Have they said why? That sounds incredibly unreasonable, no wonder you are angry.

Also, anyone who is not happy with the service they receive can get more info at http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Publications/SW104/Pages/CommentsorComplaints.aspx

• Advertisement

No real reason yet waiting for letter as to why. I will be defenately appealing the decision.

Advertisement