Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Forever Purge

• 12-05-2021 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,279 ✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

They will crank out another one after this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Gosh, I remember when this was just a simple home invasion thriller, given a degree of class 'cos it starred Ethan Hawke. Now it seems to have gone full trash, layered with Facebook-level Politics

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

the first film was intriguing , this, jesus, if I was given free tickets and food vouchers it would still be a nope

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 31,825 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I quite enjoyed the films they are of variable quality admittedly.
    The TV show is not to bad either, preferred season 1

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Those movies are not bad tbh, I enjoyed them.

never watched tv show, will watch this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭SheepsClothing

The Purge Anarchy is the best of these. They may be getting into Saw territory though with the amount of sequels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Decuc500

Looks like a Saw movie. No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Yester

Excellent. The more Purges the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Yester wrote: »
    Excellent. The more Purges the better.

Real life? or on film?

I've only seen one of them. I'm pretty sure it's the second of them - Anarchy.
    Going to watch the third and fourth over the next couple of days.
    Do they live up to the second one.
    Don't know why I skipped the first one .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Yester

Real life? or on film?

I've only seen one of them. I'm pretty sure it's the second of them - Anarchy.
    Going to watch the third and fourth over the next couple of days.
    Do they live up to the second one.
    Don't know why I skipped the first one .

Film, lol. I've enjoyed all of them so far.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I actually really liked the two with Frank Grillo and I enjoyed the first one...... I thought they tied them off pretty well and had interesting ambiguous ending. However, the first purge was shine and the TV show didn't grab my interest.

I probably even missed one along the way there I'm sure - this looks a little bat **** insane but I'll probably turn it on. I don't hold out much hope though

Advertisement