13-05-2021, 19:14   #3316
Potential-Monke

Yeah, not too impressed with this offering. Don't play most of those games and the ones I do play, the offering is meh at best.
Advertisement
13-05-2021, 19:35   #3317
jones

What are you guys thoughts on the new controller colours? Not usually a fan of red but that looks nice i have to say. Although why is it a fiver dearer seems odd as i'm assuming they are all made with the same materials.

Last edited by jones; 13-05-2021 at 19:40.
13-05-2021, 19:45   #3318
lertsnim

Black one looks nice but no way am I shelling out for a 3rd controller.
Thanks from:
13-05-2021, 20:04   #3319
Shebean

I'm mostly playing multiplayer, no need for even a second.
13-05-2021, 20:12   #3320
DaveyDave

I think both of the colours look nice. I don't need another controller but if I was to buy one I'd go for some sort of pattern. I have the white/grey camo one for the PS4 but not sure if it would look nice on a PS5 controller.
Advertisement
13-05-2021, 20:38   #3321
Potential-Monke

I've no real need for a second controller, but I will definitely be getting the black one and saving the white as the backup. I said it when they first revealed them, but the controllers hold onto dirt. I find myself cleaning the thing very often because it always looks dirty. Just hope they bring out black faceplates to match it now.
Thanks from:
13-05-2021, 21:06   #3322
TitianGerm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyDave View Post
I think both of the colours look nice. I don't need another controller but if I was to buy one I'd go for some sort of pattern. I have the white/grey camo one for the PS4 but not sure if it would look nice on a PS5 controller.
I'll buy the black one because the R2 is on its way out on the controller I got with the console so it'll be handy to have a spare when I do have to send it in for repair.
Thanks from:
13-05-2021, 21:08   #3323
TitianGerm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potential-Monke View Post
I've no real need for a second controller, but I will definitely be getting the black one and saving the white as the backup. I said it when they first revealed them, but the controllers hold onto dirt. I find myself cleaning the thing very often because it always looks dirty. Just hope they bring out black faceplates to match it now.
You can get the DBrand faceplates. Looks like it's $50 and free shipping with DHL. Not sore if there's any additional charges for customs because I didn't go as far as checkout.

Someone in here sprayed theirs black and it looked quite good.
13-05-2021, 21:13   #3324
ItsHoggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitianGerm View Post
You can get the DBrand faceplates. Looks like it's $50 and free shipping with DHL. Not sore if there's any additional charges for customs because I didn't go as far as checkout.

Someone in here sprayed theirs black and it looked quite good.
You can get them on AlieExpress as well for cheaper but wouldn’t be as good quality as the DBrand ones.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
13-05-2021, 21:27   #3325
Potential-Monke

I'm one of those who would prefer an original over a copy. Even if it's more. But it only applies to tech! I'll take the cheaper option on nearly everything else.
Thanks from:
13-05-2021, 21:30   #3326
Varik

If I ever wanted to a change in colour for the consoles plates I'd probably use some rubber spray pain and could probably do something cool with that. The stuffs good as it can be peeled off after the fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lertsnim View Post
Black one looks nice but no way am I shelling out for a 3rd controller.
When they start making them we'll probably see shells showing up on Alibaba and the like, so you could buy those and swap over everything.

Last edited by Varik; 13-05-2021 at 21:33.
Thanks from:
15-05-2021, 21:14   #3327
thecretinhop

awaiting to buy ps5 have original ps4 new uhd tv. im very tempted to buy oculus quest 2 instead of waiting for ps5 what do ye think i should get..
Thanks from:
15-05-2021, 21:30   #3328
MarkY91

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyDave View Post
It got a single player remaster last year didn't it?

I prefer the original MW myself, I've recently been playing local multiplayer with bots just for nostalgia and it's surprisingly fun. I played it for a solid 2 years online on 360 and well over a year on the remaster. I could sit listening to the menu music for hours...I miss leveling up

Only stopped playing on PS4 because I was spending so much time playing it I didn't have time to play other games. I could see myself getting a PS Plus subscription for MW2 though.
Yeah it got a campaign remaster not too long ago

I still played MW too on my PS4 up until the other week when I got a PS5. Just haven't got the storage space to move it to my PS5 until I'm maybe some with Assassin's Creed and can then delete that

Last edited by MarkY91; 15-05-2021 at 21:40.
19-05-2021, 03:36   #3329
quinnd6

I just read that the PS5 has no web browser.
A 500 euro console that has no web browser.
That is ridiculous and a huge step backwards in functionality.

In 2021 where everything basically has a web browser and now Sony have decided to rip a basic feature out of the console.
You see this is the kind of crap that makes me want to jump ship to Microsoft.
If Microsoft had some fricking games I would jump to them next gen instead.
As it is I haven't invested in a next gen console but I can see that Sony have better exclusives at the moment and Microsoft just make people play the waiting game.

Sony seem to be becoming the Apple of consoles in that you can't do basic stuff with your console that you would expect to be able to do(it is too closed off) and Microsoft seem to be letting people do a lot more like run emulators etc and play some older games.
Microsoft's backwards compatibility for xbox 360 isn't good enough though because there are tons of good games that you can't play and still need a 360 for so you end up needing to keep your 360 to play those games.

I just hate Sony's big headed we can do whatever the heck we want attitude, rip functionality out and restrict the console so much that you can't play classic ps1 or ps2 games that you own because they can't charge you twice for it.
They have gone very anti consumer.
Best option really is probably pc if GPUs didn't cost a fortune.

So yep I would have expected a browser, my PS4 has one so why should the next gen console have that functionality ripped out.
I did use it at times, it was handy.
Does the media player work or is it useless?
I suppose it's not a deal breaker but it just shows what tyrants Sony have become really.
So PS4 has more functionality than a PS5.
19-05-2021, 05:20   #3330
Creamy Goodness

The PS4 had a web browser?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion