Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

best price for oculus quest 2

Options
  • 11-05-2021 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭

hi,

birthday present for my lad.

amazon
    Oculus Quest 2 — Advanced All-In-One Virtual Reality Headset — 256 GB
    Visit the Oculus Store
    Platform : Oculus
    4.8 out of 5 stars 6,854 ratings
    Price: EUR 464.41

oculus shop

Quest 2 Elite Strap
    € 49.00 EUR
    Estimated delivery:

Mon, May 17
    Oculus Quest 2 256GB
    € 449.00 EUR
    Estimated delivery:

Mon, May 17
    Subtotal
    498.00 EUR

Any cheaper deals around??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

You can opt for the 64GB version if you'd like to save a bit of cash. The only downside is that he might need to delete some apps later on if he fills it up, but considering most apps are anywhere between 4-8GB each that could be some time later!

64GB is €349 direct from Oculus.com

The Elite strap has been known to have a manufacturing fault in it which means that it will eventually break, though it does come with up to 2 years warranty.
    Just a bit of hassle having to wait for a replacement to arrive.

One of these might be a better option: https://www.amazon.co.uk/HeadBand-Replacement-Pressure-Comfortable-Accessories/dp/B08LYKJ1PS/

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I got myself that strap from amazon rather than the elite strap. Only thing is none of the cases designed for the headset and elite strap will fit it. I cart mine about a bit so need to find one that will fit that strap.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I got myself that strap from amazon rather than the ite strap. Only thing is none of the cases designed for the headset and elite strap will fit it. I cart mine about a bit so need to find one that will fit that strap.

I'm going to be in a similar situation when I build up my Frankenquest.

From what I understand, any SLR camera + lens carry bag should suit.

Advertisement