Forum Closed  

05-11-2016, 05:46   #121
plasmin

I have some shares with paper certs, I'd it possible to move to my DEGIRO account? Thanks
Advertisement
07-11-2016, 12:31   #122
DEGIRO
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmin View Post
I have some shares with paper certs, I'd it possible to move to my DEGIRO account? Thanks
DEGIRO only provides services in non-paper securities in which we’re happy to support you. Perhaps you can contact a bank to provide this service.
Thanks from:
07-11-2016, 17:55   #123
DEGIRO
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheister View Post
opened up an account this morning. Will only be doing small infrequent trades. Little disappointed you cant view the platform till you have transferred money. Would have like to see the userability first
The reason that we require the money transfer be sent before the account is activated is because we use the name on the bank account to verify the identity of the party opening the DEGIRO account. There is no minimum for this so you can transfer even just a few cents to get started.

For now, if you’re interested in seeing what the platform looks like, you can view some screenshots here:
https://www.boards.ie/b/thread/2057645787
07-11-2016, 23:44   #124
retweet

I set up an account awhile back but never transferred money. It's asking me to transfer from an account I don't use anymore. How do I change it?
08-11-2016, 13:48   #125
DEGIRO
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by retweet View Post
I set up an account awhile back but never transferred money. It's asking me to transfer from an account I don't use anymore. How do I change it?
Please contact our service desk at clients@degiro.ie and we will be able to assist you.
Advertisement
09-11-2016, 13:17   #126
tommba

Hello. Just wondering if DEGIRO is subject to the Pattern Day Trading Rule when trading US stocks, also is index and forex trading going to be implemented on your platform? Thanks.
10-11-2016, 08:41   #127
DEGIRO
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommba View Post
Hello. Just wondering if DEGIRO is subject to the Pattern Day Trading Rule when trading US stocks, also is index and forex trading going to be implemented on your platform? Thanks.
The PDT rule does not affect your DEGIRO account. For more information on risk limits when investing with DEGIRO please view this document:

https://www.degiro.co.uk/data/pdf/uk/ISI_Security_Value_Risk_Debit_Money_Debit_Securities.pdf

Additionally, you can trade on various indices by investing in an ETF which tracks the index. We have no plans to add CFDs for Forex trading to our platform.
10-11-2016, 13:47   #128
aquascrotum

Hi - I hold shares in my Degiro account in Egdon Resources (EDR). I've been notified of an open offer and an allocation of greyed out untradeable shares is visible in my Degiro portfolio.

Having looked through the offer and Q&A (see http://www.egdon-resources.com/posti...fer-circular/), does the Degiro system let me take up my options automatically (at present I don't have enough cash funds to complete that purchase in any case), or do I need to submit the written application form? Does CREST apply to Degiro?

Apologies if this is a ridiculous question - noobie alert.
10-11-2016, 15:43   #129
drunkmonkey

How am I after going into a minus cash balance? Just bought some shares and it's after letting me buy more than is in my account, it's just straightforward shares, BOI and Nokia.
Who do I owe the money to, when are they going to come looking for it?
Advertisement
10-11-2016, 16:45   #130
DEGIRO
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkmonkey View Post
How am I after going into a minus cash balance? Just bought some shares and it's after letting me buy more than is in my account, it's just straightforward shares, BOI and Nokia.
DEGIRO does offer margin on certain accounts. This money is borrowed from DEGIRO. We have a risk model managing borrowed funds. To understand your specific case we kindly ask you to contact our service desk at +353 (0)1513 4951 or clients@degiro.ie and we will be able to help you.
Thanks from:
10-11-2016, 16:45   #131
DEGIRO
Verified representative

Quote:
DEGIRO does offer margin on certain accounts. This money is borrowed from DEGIRO. We have a risk model managing borrowed funds. To understand your specific case we kindly ask you to contact our service desk at +353 (0)1513 4951 or clients@degiro.ie and we will be able to help you.
10-11-2016, 16:50   #132
DEGIRO
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquascrotum View Post
Hi - I hold shares in my Degiro account in Egdon Resources (EDR). I've been notified of an open offer and an allocation of greyed out untradeable shares is visible in my Degiro portfolio.

Having looked through the offer and Q&A (see http://www.egdon-resources.com/posti...fer-circular/), does the Degiro system let me take up my options automatically (at present I don't have enough cash funds to complete that purchase in any case), or do I need to submit the written application form? Does CREST apply to Degiro?

Apologies if this is a ridiculous question - noobie alert.
Our Corporate Actions team is currently handling this action and will be in touch with you via email. You can then respond to them whether you wish to take part and then you will just need to have enough cash balance available to take part.
10-11-2016, 16:57   #133
drunkmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEGIRO View Post
Ah right so it's using some of the equity in the fund to allow me borrow a certain amount.
Are there charges for this listed anywhere?
10-11-2016, 17:32   #134
DEGIRO
Verified representative

Unallocated debit rates (all currencies)* 4% per year
Allocated debit rates in EURO are EONIA (minimum of 0) + 1.25% per year.

See for more information: https://www.degiro.ie/data/pdf/ie/IE_Feeschedule.pdf
10-11-2016, 17:34   #135
DEGIRO
Verified representative

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEGIRO View Post
Ah right so it's using some of the equity in the fund to allow me borrow a certain amount.
Are there charges for this listed anywhere?
Unallocated debit rates (all currencies)* 4% per year
Allocated debit rates in EURO are EONIA (minimum of 0) + 1.25% per year.

See for more information: https://www.degiro.ie/data/pdf/ie/IE_Feeschedule.pdf
Thanks from:
Forum Closed