Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum Games Fantasy Premier League Jumpers for Goalposts thread

• 08-07-2018 10:15pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,979 Mod ✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif

96976408-70d7-4c52-8fbe-155527061ff8.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

EcOq.gif

Moments that will live forever.

Now, it's Forum Games' time to create those moments.

Werewolves Anonymous are now happily accepting sign-ups for the 2018-19 season.

Please register your interest in this thread and I will PM you the code in order for your Forum Games - Fantasy Premier League season to begin.

Comments

I’m not in your league guys

Says the Millwall supporter :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,979 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lol. You playing Strawbs for the fun of it?

Yeah why not

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Count me in

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Ill play!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,979 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Just a note in case people weren't certain, we'll be using this site for the league.

Plenty of time for more signups but the beauty is, we don't need a requisite amount to play, however many want to join is what we'll have.

I'll be using the Classic League format (most points accumulated wins), as opposed to the Head to Head League option, for this season anyways.

Unless people want to do both, it's not hard to arrange :)

What was your final score for 17/18 Necro :D. I need to temper my expecations appropriately!

Pter wrote: »
    What was your final score for 17/18 Necro :D. I need to temper my expecations appropriately!

Lol, how do I check that? It wasn't great, mid table for most of the leagues apart from a private league with my mates where I was second.

Tbh I forgot about it for about 5 months so... not too bad really :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I've never done this so what would we need to do?

If you go into your team and click 'gameweek history' on the right hand side, it shows you all your annual totals.

When games get going, it will fill up with how you did each week for the length of the sesason as well.

455337.JPG

• Advertisement

kitten_k wrote: »
    I've never done this so what would we need to do?

Click on the link and sign up. It will make you pick a team. You have 100m in fake money to spend, and each player has a value set by the website organisers.

You have to pick 13 players from that 100m. You can buy and sell players during the season too, and values go up and down, so its a bit like a trading game as well as a 'pick your best team' game.

Gotcha ;)

2012/13 1,837 823,004
    2013/14 1,484 2,623,607
    2015/16 1,867 1,424,920
    2016/17 1,587 3,138,665
    2017/18 1,873 2,234,690

Right so I will give it a shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I'll consult with Mr Molly later on and get signed up.

Think I sent the code out to those who thanked my initial post or expressed interest this morning...

beaker
    Kolido
    Mick
    Rikand
    Digi
    Molly
    Pter

And then
    Strawbs
    osh
    kitten
    From this sign up thread.

And of course, myself.

That's a nice league, always space for more.

Btw, when creating your accounts it's up to you folks if you want to include real names in the account creation (they will show up in the league)

If you prefer to keep them secret, put your boards name in when they ask for it :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I'll give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Right I've signed up but I'm being told (by Mr Molly) that there's no point picking a team yet until at least the world cup is over coz things might change. So I'll do it before the deadline of 10th August.

I assume I can't join your league Necro till I choose the team?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

You can work away creating a team. Can change it as much as you want until the game starts.

osh wrote:
    You can work away creating a team. Can change it as much as you want until the game starts.

Go tell Mr molly to put that in his pipe and smoke it.

Oh and welcome him to the jungle.

• Advertisement

Just bumping this. So far we have 8 entrants, a nice number to keep up the interest.

Anyone else want to join, sign up here and I can PM the code to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭andy125

Necrominus wrote: »
    Just bumping this. So far we have 8 entrants, a nice number to keep up the interest.

Anyone else want to join, sign up here and I can PM the code to you.

Code me

Whats my deadline on this again ive done the sum root of f all for it yet

Whats my deadline on this again ive done the sum root of f all for it yet

Before the first fixture, so 10th August I believe. Loads of time :)

I've changed my squad so many time so far, doesn't help that I don't know half the players!

kitten_k wrote: »
    I've changed my squad so many time so far, doesn't help that I don't know half the players!

:D:D Football is a fickle animal.

Today's Mo Salah is tomorrow's Richarlison :pac:

Looking forward to seeing other folks teams, once the first weekend is over.

How many of us will press the 'Wildcard' panic button after a poor first week :pac:

Done jesus even when your trying to throw in a team it takes ages :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

I'll sign up. Probably won't last the season but might get hooked this year.

why did you put this hell on me necro................

Also will someone tell me will hazard start the season

• Advertisement

why did you put this hell on me necro................

Also will someone tell me will hazard start the season

:pac::pac: I think he will. Next five days are gonna be mental though.

Wouldn't put too many eggs in Tibo staying though.

Advertisement