Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope Pink does a few Irish dates including Cork but her show features aerobatics so not sure if stadiums would work

• Registered Users Posts: 23 instanel

Pearl Jam have new album coming out 2019!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I hope Pink does a few Irish dates including Cork but her show features aerobatics so not sure if stadiums would work

She did Thomond Park, Limerick a few years ago and all worked out so I'm sure they could work it out logistically if necessary.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Muse have a new album out next year. I am expecting hoping that they will tour Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,552 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

instanel wrote: »
    Pearl Jam have new album coming out 2019!!!

Going to see them in a few weeks in London. It's been a while since they played here

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

She announced on FB that she will be announcing European dates at some stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

I think Elton John is the only confirmed concert so far.

Metallica indoors for me please!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

ozzy jr wrote: »

Ship likely sailed on Metallica indoor gigs, European Stadium tour imminent to be announced in September as per Facebook, they shall mostly being playing fields me thinks.

As for stuff in '19 as now...

Tears for Fears (reschedule)
    UB40
    Some Mendes lad
    Your man Elton

Academy
    Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats w/Blood Cermony
    The Dualers
    Red Hot Chili Pipers

Bord Gais
    Tommy Fleming

Vicar
    High Kings

On the Rox
    Evil Scarecrow

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

ozzy jr wrote: »

My Money is on Metallica for Slane. Fact that they touring next year and Mountcharles said an act headlining that hasn’t played there before.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Bazsutto wrote: »
    My Money is on Metallica for Slane. Fact that they touring next year and Mountcharles said an act headlining that hasn’t played there before.

There's no way whatsoever thesedays that Metallica could fill Slane. Even the RDS would be pushing it for them now and that's not even half the capacity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭argentum

Mr Brooks will be here ...his management team have visited both Ed Sheeran's and The Rolling Stones concerts over the few days

argentum wrote: »
    Mr Brooks will be here ...his management team have visited both Ed Sheeran's and The Rolling Stones concerts over the few days

Hopefully he finally does and we can put 2014 too rest

its the same each year regards Brooks is he coming back etc

Last we heard was he tried to do the 5 shows again in Croke Park this year but was shut down and he is still Adamant on doing the 5 shows. Someone tell him its impossible and we have no Goveners in Ireland that can change peoples minds

What would be ideal for him would be to an Ed Sheeran/Springsteen on it and do a nationwide tour of Ireland in 2019. it had been a huge sucess for Aiken and the artist involved. 3 Shows in Phoenix Park/Aviva, 3 Shows in PUC Cork, maybe shows in Limerick or Galway and Belfast. Prob Logistics etc would come into play as the his stage is suppose to be huge

Outside of Brooks, i wonder will Bruce tour in 2019 ???. next year marks the 35th Anniversary of BITU

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

PTH2009 wrote: »
    its the same each year regards Brooks is he coming back etc

Last we heard was he tried to do the 5 shows again in Croke Park this year but was shut down and he is still Adamant on doing the 5 shows. Someone tell him its impossible and we have no Goveners in Ireland that can change peoples minds

What would be ideal for him would be to an Ed Sheeran/Springsteen on it and do a nationwide tour of Ireland in 2019. it had been a huge sucess for Aiken and the artist involved. 3 Shows in Phoenix Park/Aviva, 3 Shows in PUC Cork, maybe shows in Limerick or Galway and Belfast. Prob Logistics etc would come into play as the his stage is suppose to be huge

Outside of Brooks, i wonder will Bruce tour in 2019 ???. next year marks the 15th Anniversary of BITU

Dont you mean 35th anniversary? :pac::pac:

Dont you mean 35th anniversary? :pac::pac:

yeah i did edited it there lol

Garth Brooks doing a new tour in 2019. Dates TBA in the next few weeks

Possibly like the last tour all dates will be in North America but he might try and tour Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 11,161 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Vampire Weekend touring again. Hopefully they come to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭julyjane

I heard Coldplay for Slane, they wouldn't be my cup of tea anyway.

I am waiting impatiently for an announcement from P!nk as is almost every other female I know between the age of 16 and 45. They'd hardly put her in Slane would they? She'd definitely sell out Croke Park.

I know it's controversial and he said never again but Bruce in Slane, could it happen? (Please say yes). Slane is much safer now than it was in the 80s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

julyjane wrote: »
    I know it's controversial and he said never again but Bruce in Slane, could it happen? (Please say yes).

Hopefully not. I never want to have to go to another gig in Slane ever again.

Bruce is in Broadway until December anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

Why do comedy gigs tend to get announced so far in advanced? I've been to a few gigs now where the tickets were announced 12 months before the gig itself. Are they just slow sellers in general? Bill Bailey is the latest - gig isn't until June next year but tickets on sale tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,161 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

JaMarcus wrote: »
    Why do comedy gigs tend to get announced so far in advanced? I've been to a few gigs now where the tickets were announced 12 months before the gig itself. Are they just slow sellers in general? Bill Bailey is the latest - gig isn't until June next year but tickets on sale tomorrow.

It's because they tour so many venues for such an extended period. As an example Bill Bailey is starting his tour in London in five months so to prevent more devoted fans buying tickets to go and see him away from their home town and subsequently finding out tickets are on sale in their local venue down the line, they announce the whole tour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I'll never go to Slane again unless it's for Pearl Jam. Horrible venue for a gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

seachto7 wrote: »
    I'll never go to Slane again unless it's for Pearl Jam. Horrible venue for a gig.

We camped the last two times and have to say it was a much better experience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

Arghus wrote: »
    There's no way whatsoever thesedays that Metallica could fill Slane. Even the RDS would be pushing it for them now and that's not even half the capacity.

You would be wrong, they would easily fill it, they will be playing here next year and i say it will be Slane, if not Croke Park.:cool:

You would be wrong, they would easily fill it, they will be playing here next year and i say it will be Slane, if not Croke Park.:cool:

Coldplay will be a much better option for Slane imo

Metallica I'd like to see play the Aviva or RDS (think it's been redeveloped in 2019 though) but I think it will be a field venue such as Marley Park or somewhere like that

I'd kill for Pearl Jam to play Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Coldplay will be a much better option for Slane imo

Metallica I'd like to see play the Aviva or RDS (think it's been redeveloped in 2019 though) but I think it will be a field venue such as Marley Park or somewhere like that

I'd kill for Pearl Jam to play Dublin

Would prefer Metallica in Kilmainham myself - with a proper sound system of course

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    We camped the last two times and have to say it was a much better experience

Same. Cuts out all the bullsh!t

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,630 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I love Metallica, but not a ****ing hope are they shifting 80,000+ tickets in Ireland.

Advertisement