Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cool and dry at first, then mild and wet, then colder

• 14-03-2010 4:56am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭

So over the next 14 days it is pretty much as the title suggests. Milder (but not "mild") for the first part of this week and then turning wet and slightly milder around midweek. Windy at times aswell though nothing severe is anticipated. This should continue till the next week when much colder weather is to return bringing renewed frost and snow risk. So a mixed week. During the first part of the week frost and ice can still be expected. Midweek rain and breezy. End of week frost and ice return with snow risk into the following week. Winds turning Northeasterly at that stage as pressure builds to the Northeast together with a Southern progression of an Artic High.

Remaining pleasant and mostly sunny up till Tuesday evening.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭derekon

darkman2 wrote: »
    End of week frost and ice return with snow risk into the following week. Winds turning Northeasterly at that stage as pressure builds to the Northeast together with a Southern progression of an Artic High.

Remaining pleasant and mostly sunny up till Tuesday evening.

Given we are in mid March , I will be taking the "snow risk" part of your forecast with a very large pinch of salt! :)

Derek

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

A white Easter is more probable in Ireland and England than a white Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭pauldry

was thinking it may get cold again. our weather is mad. but i was also hoping that it might stay mild so in hope i think the cold thingy will just be a cold snap with milder air winning out. No major snow risk for sure .... prob 7 or 8c

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I remember waking up to about 9 inchs of snow once during mid April way back in the 80s, it was all melted that evening!
    it's still defo possible to get decent snow this time of year altho it will be very short lived.
    and around 1986 I remember seeing a 5 minute morning snow shower in early June just before I got my school holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Wibbler

If it's alright with everyone, I'd like to get off the rollercoaster now! Stomach is feeling queasy :-)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

The forecast remains as above with no change really except that a very cold Easterly is likely to become established shortly. It may be hard to envisage for most atm but the cold weather is not done yet and is sure to return within the next 7 days. I would not be thinking Spring has arrived yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

derekon wrote: »
    Given we are in mid March , I will be taking the "snow risk" part of your forecast with a very large pinch of salt! :)

Derek

I remember the Easter hols from school about 1992 - 1993. The first thursday we were in bikinis on Brittas Bay. The following Thursday we were sunburnt & it snowed heavily all day.. Mammy even took a photo of us scalded with a snowman ............. So really, anything is possible....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Kilkenny, Ireland.

Good Friday, April 14th 1995 - maximum temperature 18.4c in sunshine.
    Wednesday April 19th 1995 - minimum temperature -0.5c with snow.

Indeed 1995 was a year of "weather"

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/archive/ra/1995/Rrea00219950414.gif <--- April 14th - very mild air at 1500m under a strong high pressure of 1039hPa

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/archive/ra/1995/Rrea00219950419.gif <--- April 19th - very cold air plunges down from the Arctic after our high pressure zips off to Greenland for a holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,626 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I remember that year well. we had snow in May of that year if i'm not mistaken. so i've not lost hope we get a spring snowstorm this year to rival the one of april 1932:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭pauldry

Looks cold for next week but snow is too early to say.

Today was Sligos warmest of 2009 so far at 13.1c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Can't believe your all still looking for snow, It's mid march we should be looking out for warm weather now. Any snow we get now will be crap and be gone by the afternoon and were not gonna get anything significant either i'll gladly eat my shoes if we do. Don't get me wrong i'm all for winter snowstorms and freezing temps but that's what they are winter conditions. It's spring.

Bring on the b's! barbecues bikinis beaches boobs and beer :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

baraca wrote: »
    Can't believe your all still looking for snow, It's mid march we should be looking out for warm weather now. Any snow we get now will be crap and be gone by the afternoon and were not gonna get anything significant either i'll gladly eat my shoes if we do. Don't get me wrong i'm all for winter snowstorms and freezing temps but that's what they are winter conditions. It's spring.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

baraca wrote: »

lol

Anyone know a long range for the summer or is it year 4 of " The Rains "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

Oh my god its finally raining here in Dublin, first time this march! :eek: Im actually glad as the grass was turning to sand...!! :rolleyes::)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

ive already had enough of the rain, got soaked in it earlier, heres to another 4 dry months:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 PatcyMcl

The El Nino effect is supposed to fade out in June or July and the weather should get back to normal.

Advertisement