Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam videos thread 3.4 (embedded car dash-cams only)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Fair enough, continue doing what you do. Before long you'll probably be posting footage of a head on collision of some car trying to pass you.
    Isambard wrote: »
    i think it's what they call failing to make progress.
    Too much emphasis on the speedo and not enough on road conditions.
    I'd guess you are slow to accelerate up to speed as your watching for that last km/h to come up on the speedo. You're not doing anything wrong and plenty of people drive like that, but it can be very annoying to be following a hestitant over-cautious driver.

I was one of the posters that pushed for chat to be allowed and stated that if people didn’t like the comments they got to just ignore it and move on. But............

I can’t ****ing believe the last few comments about Stealth’s driving. I wish I had Stealth’s self control with my speed. Good job Stealth, you done SFA wrong.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭Allinall

I'd guess you are slow to accelerate up to speed as your watching for that last km/h to come up on the speedo. You're not doing anything wrong and plenty of people drive like that, but it can be very annoying to be following a hestitant over-cautious driver.

If that's the case, then you probably need to go on an anger management course, or stop driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

Boards logic:

Cam car > speed limit: Slow down you reckless moron, you'll cause an accident.
    50% Cam car = speed limit: Speed up you reckless moron, you'll cause an accident.
    50 % Cam car = speed limit: Slow down you reckless moron, you'll cause an accident.
    Cam car < speed limit: Speed up you reckless moron, you'll cause an accident.

You can't win - people are actually vilifying the op for traveling at the correct speed :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

IrishZeus wrote: »
    Boards logic:

Cam car > speed limit: Slow down you reckless moron, you'll cause an accident.
    50% Cam car = speed limit: Speed up you reckless moron, you'll cause an accident.
    50 % Cam car = speed limit: Slow down you reckless moron, you'll cause an accident.
    Cam car < speed limit: Speed up you reckless moron, you'll cause an accident.

You can't win - people are actually vilifying the op for traveling at the correct speed :pac:

The funny thing is, i do exaclty as the op here, go to 64 on the speedo on a 60 km\h road, 84 on an 80 et cetera.
    First time i posted a clip here, a lot of the comments were exactly the opposite as what op here gets to swallow.
    You cant win indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

There are some terrible drivers here on Boards. Just a fact of life, and you can see them on the road every day. Inappropriate speed and passing, running red lights, tailgating, non indicating on a roundabout (my personal hate) and generally acting the sack. They probably think they're skilled drivers though. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

Allinall wrote: »
    If that's the case, then you probably need to go on an anger management course, or stop driving.

did I say it annoyed me?It clearly does annoy some people though. I stated he is doing nothing wrong.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

If you are behind a car going 50kmph in a 100kmph zone, you don't cross a continuous white line to overtake. You sit and wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

you might not but most people would.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭boardz

With you on this...a case of doing the right thing rather than doing things right.
    I remember when I had my first driving lessons being told to follow the traffic speed (within reason) and you could be failed for sticking to the speed limit if cars were 'forced' to overtake you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

boardz wrote: »
    With you on this...a case of doing the right thing rather than doing things right.
    I remember when I had my first driving lessons being told to follow the traffic speed (within reason) and you could be failed for sticking to the speed limit if cars were 'forced' to overtake you.

I think that would be the correct thing to do if the roads were fairly busy but the majority of the clip it was just him and the car overtaking on the road.
    I'm not sure what he should be doing different if a car blasts past him at well above the speed limit.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

The 2 women at the end :D

I know the cam car had the right of way but life is too short to waste on people like that, pull in and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,222 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Enfilade wrote: »
    The 2 women at the end :D

I know the cam car had the right of way but life is too short to waste on people like that, pull in and move on.

A series of unfortunate events but she didn't have the right of way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

They should hand in their drivers license for pulling over for that wench.

fritzelly wrote: »
    A series of unfortunate events but she didn't have the right of way

Oh yeah second watch would suggest that's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,222 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Enfilade wrote: »
    Oh yeah second watch would suggest that's the case.

School closing time, all those kids need driving 2 mins down the road - say no more

fritzelly wrote: »
    School closing time, all those kids need driving 2 mins down the road - say no more
    It's not unknown for some parents (the SUV driving ones) to "self impose" a one way system on some roads around schools, they will force others to comply, as demonstrated in that video.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Fair enough, continue doing what you do. Before long you'll probably be posting footage of a head on collision of some car trying to pass you.

Here you are blaming the safer driver instead of the idiot who dangerously overtakes.
    :rolleyes:

If this is your attitude to driving I think we'd all be safer if you didn't drive...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Cabaal wrote: »
    Here you are blaming the safer driver instead of the idiot who dangerously overtakes.

If this is your attitude to driving I think we'd all be safer if you didn't drive...

If someone is getting over taken that much does it not make you think why it's happening?

Cabaal wrote: »

This is the boards motors forum. Everything is wrong except going fast.

Here's a few from this week, sorry to break up the chat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

If someone is getting over taken that much does it not make you think why it's happening?

It seems like he has changed job and now does most his driving at times when the roads are quiet. Since there are less Garda on the roads at this time it's up to him to police the roads(speed up, block ext.) when someone goes to overtake on a solid white line.

tuxy wrote: »
    It seems like he has changed job and now does most his driving at times when the roads are quiet. Since there are less Garda on the roads at this time it's up to him to police the roads(speed up, block ext.) when someone goes to overtake on a solid white line.

I didn't see anyone getting blocked but don't let that get in the way of a good fairytale.

tedpan wrote: »

That's reminded me, I must check them videos and send them on to you. I'll PM a Dropbox link.

That's reminded me, I must check them videos and send them on to you. I'll PM a Dropbox link.

Nice one!

tedpan wrote: »

Some right bogeys there....drink or phone I wonder on a couple of them...

Always wary of that cross at Beamore. I've seen a couple of accidents there over the years and fair few close calls.

• Advertisement

Enfilade wrote:
    Always wary of that cross at Beamore. I've seen a couple of accidents there over the years and fair few close calls.

Yep, it's a dodgy junction. I always slow down there now, you can't see much from the video but he looked, saw me coming, waited and then pulled out. Much closer than it looked on cam.

Advertisement