Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

?What's best brand of washing machine...

Options
  • 21-11-2013 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Buying my Mam a washing machine..Her dream was always to have a Miele, but I hear they are v expensive and it can be hard to get parts etc... What would people advise? Siemens good? Power city have a model for 469e 1200 spin...Anyone got this model? Any problems?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,326 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Miele implement fixed pricing so I suspect the electrical dealers make less money than they do for cheaper models. By any chance was that 'hard to get parts' line from a salesmen in one of the well known electrical showrooms?

You've surely seen the small Miele vans going around town, do you seriously think the driver has a screwdriver and no parts? Miele machines last for years, they probably need to keep parts for longer than any other company so I think what you were told is BS. My last Miele lasted 17 years, never needed a single part before I retired it and bought another.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 fioc

Thanks a million for reply! Read a report on boards re Miele parts....God knows who wrote it! Delighted u had such a good experience with miele...Now to compare prices!!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭JASOND29

if you cant afford miele then siemens wm14q360 which retails at 469 and is 8kg 1400 spin is a good option or the lg f1289td 8 kg 1200 spin retails at 449 also a good machine

Advertisement