Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Are Halfords fitting dash cams?

Options
  • 20-09-2020 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭

Cant get thru to them on the phone.

does anyone know of they're fitting Dashcams, or just supplying them for sale?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

I wouldn't let them change a wiper blade. Do it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Yep got mine done nearly 2 months ago

That was with one bought with them, not sure if they're installing for ones you bought yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

sentient_6 wrote: »

I dont get the Halfords hate on this site.

I've found them to be better value than the Motor Factors - even giving me a free top up on AC on my last car when it was low.

Last time I went to MF. I got a "deal" on Adblue - twice the price of evil HAlfords.

Yep got mine done nearly 2 months ago

That was with one bought with them, not sure if they're installing for ones you bought yourself

I got thru to them just now - they are fitting with an appointment.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Whocare

People are just jealous of halfords it as simple as that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Cant get thru to them on the phone.

does anyone know of they're fitting Dashcams, or just supplying them for sale?

Thanks

Stay away I got quoted e860 for a pioneer model fitted in Cork,was told their guy) in Mahon shopping centre) is vv busy etc( couldn’t guarantee it as he doesent work on hybrids ffs,brought my car to Eddie on Patrick’s Quay Cork , fitted a newer version with a good warranty, tasty work for around e568( look up thread on upgrades etc)
    Personally wouldn’t touch Halfords
    Model pioneer SPH 250 DAB)
    Also got a cracker pioneer dash cam fitted from him front and rear and cracking night mode/ parking mode under e200

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭db

sentient_6 wrote: »

I got them to fit my front and rear dashcam and they did a very good tidy job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

Stay away I got quoted e860 for a pioneer model fitted in Cork,was told their guy) in Mahon shopping centre) is vv busy rtc( couldn’t guarantee it as doesent work on hybrids ffs,brought my car to Rdfie Patrick’s Quay Cork , fitted a newer version with a good warranty, tasty work for around e568( look up thread on upgrades etc)
    Also got a cracker pioneer dash cam fitted from him front and rear and cracking night mode/ parking mode under e200

I understand very little of this post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

I dont get the Halfords hate on this site.

I've found them to be better value than the Motor Factors - even giving me a free top up on AC on my last car when it was low.

Last time I went to MF. I got a "deal" on Adblue - twice the price of evil HAlfords.

Halfords are a rip off plain and simple. A set of Bosch flatblade wipers are 45 quid in halfords, 25 in my local motor factors. Same with bulbs. My h3 fog light blew last Sunday. Went to see about getting one in halfords. €11 they wanted. Waited until the next morning and got one for €4 in the MF..

s8n wrote: »

Sorry just read it ) fingers too fast I’ll fix misspelled words)

• Advertisement

That’s fixed bud, read it now and comment pls.

Sorry just read it ) fingers too fast I’ll fix misspelled words)

Aside from the fact I wouldn’t let Halfords near my car it’s an easy job and a total waste of money paying someone to fit it.

I do buy in Halfords btw I just wouldn’t let them within an asses roar of the car.

Dont worry mate - I'm loaded, so the moneys not a problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

I'd let them fit headlight bulbs all day long rather than do it myself.

Car99 wrote: »

That’s true

Dont worry mate - I'm loaded, so the moneys not a problem!

Fair dues boy

Car99 wrote: »

That’s true

Good thing about Halfords is that if they do make a mistake or mess something up, they can't run and hide. They won't ignore your phone calls or hope they don't bump into you in the street.

They get a lot of hate in general, but my personal experience with them (fitting Parrot kits and Dashcams over the years) has been positive. That said, I'm currently in the process of getting stuff done, and I'm using a local auto-electrician. So I wouldn't be loyal to Halfords, but i definitely don't see them as the incompetent fools they're often made out to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

Good thing about Halfords is that if they do make a mistake or mess something up, they can't run and hide. They won't ignore your phone calls or hope they don't bump into you in the street.

They get a lot of hate in general, but my personal experience with them (fitting Parrot kits and Dashcams over the years) has been positive. That said, I'm currently in the process of getting stuff done, and I'm using a local auto-electrician. So I wouldn't be loyal to Halfords, but i definitely don't see them as the incompetent fools they're often made out to be.

They tend to be expensive usually for most things like stereos, wiring loom adaptors, sat navs etc. I have a trade card (as the engineering sector I am fulfils the broad criteria to the have to attain it) and I will compare but its usually cheaper to get the parts and the range from the likes of GSF and Euro Car Parts (I am UK based) even with the discount.

One thing I will say in their favour is they are handy for small bits if you are in a rush and occasionally they may have a decent sale.

I also dont like the idea of someone who may not be familar with the car going to change a headlight bulb or wiring in a dash cam which may involve removing trim or a not so obvious way to accomplish the task.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,114 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Stay away I got quoted e860 for a pioneer model fitted in Cork,was told their guy) in Mahon shopping centre) is vv busy etc( couldn’t guarantee it as he doesent work on hybrids ffs,brought my car to Eddie on Patrick’s Quay Cork , fitted a newer version with a good warranty, tasty work for around e568( look up thread on upgrades etc)

Son looking for a dash cam for birthday/christmas present. Who's Eddie, Corks Finest. PM if that suits please. I live in Mid Cork. Thanks.

Water John wrote: »
    Son looking for a dash cam for birthday/christmas present. Who's Eddie, Corks Finest. PM if that suits please. I live in Mid Cork. Thanks.

Eddie oSullivan Patrick’s quay - gent, pm if u want further details he’s the best in Cork
    +353 87 PM for number

Advertisement