Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Second hand tractors are gone expensive

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

straight wrote: »
    They hadn't the wives out working back then you see. Haha

Ya they were around to push it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

I wouldn't let distance be the deciding factor. When you are looking for something specific in the market then you'll need to travel to get it. Delivery can be about €300 - €400 but if you price around can be cheaper.
    We had a couple of Zetors - the 7711 would have been similar to that. Good going machine and goes well if taken care off. Brakes can be the Achilles heel if not looked after.

Neighbour has a 7211 and the brakes are shocking bad on it.

Is there anything can be done to improve them? Was with a local mechanic a few times but not much better ..

Is there a rebuild kit for them or even is it possible to retro-fit disks rather than the drums?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

salonfire wrote: »
    Neighbour has a 7211 and the brakes are shocking bad on it.

Is there anything can be done to improve them? Was with a local mechanic a few times but not much better ..

Is there a rebuild kit for them or even is it possible to retro-fit disks rather than the drums?

We has a good mechanic who knew his way around them. I'm not sure who else on here would know, but if you pm greendragon3 he should know as he is a big zetor man and restores them.
    If you get them sorted, they run well and start a serious amount of abuse - judging by some of the examples that were around here!

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭divillybit

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/ford-8630-2wd-tractor-for-auction/25683398

Was there any value to be had at the Bord na Mona auction during the week I wonder? ��

• Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭straight

It seems to be 45 - 50k for any decent 130 or 140 hp tractor with a loader. That's crazy for tractors with 6- 8k hours. Priced a new case the other day and it was 83k with a loader. Alot better value than second hand at the moment. I wonder would a new Zetor be a good tractor?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭divillybit

110-90 fiat's seem to have appreciated considerably in value of late, some are almost twice the price of an fiat agri F100 which would have the exact same engine..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Tonynewholland

It seems to be 45 - 50k for any decent 130 or 140 hp tractor with a loader. That's crazy for tractors with 6- 8k hours. Priced a new case the other day and it was 83k with a loader. Alot better value than second hand at the moment. I wonder would a new Zetor be a good tractor?

You won’t regret going new

• Registered Users Posts: 8,257 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

divillybit wrote: »
    110-90 fiat's seem to have appreciated considerably in value of late, some are almost twice the price of an fiat agri F100 which would have the exact same engine..

Not quite, same engine as a an F115! The version in the F100 has different bore like the 100-90..

True though about the price. Staggering.

Think I'd prefer something without adblue. I don't know why but I guess I'm just afraid of something new. And those big exhaust systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭Grueller

Maxxum 115?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,122 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Big difference between 45k and 83k. When you factor in that you only need 100+HP if you .do slurry and a few heavy type jobs yourself. Using contractor for this heavy type work throws 50k + easily free maybe double it. it puts a different prospective on spending huge money on tractors and machinery. When you throw free time or employed labour into the mix it changes the economics

Slava Ukrainii

Big difference between 45k and 83k

Big difference in 0 hours and 8000 hours too. I went to look at a maxxum 125 in Cooney Furlong in Enniscorthy with a neighbour last week. 8000 hours on it, tyres only 30%. €48000.
    Finance that over 4 years and he has a worn out tractor at the end of the finance. Finance the new one at €83k over 7 years and the payment is almost identical but you have a tractor for years still.
    If on high tax as you often say yourself Bass it is €24k vs €41,500. €17500 of a difference or on an 8000 hour tractor that is €2.20 per engine hour for ownership. They are the cheapest hours in that tractors lifespan imo.

Grueller wrote: »
    Maxxum 115?

Luxuum 120

Luxuum 120

The maxxum 115 can be had at that money too or even a shake under.

Big difference between 45k and 83k. When you factor in that you only need 100+HP if you .do slurry and a few heavy type jobs yourself. Using contractor for this heavy type work throws 50k + easily free maybe double it. it puts a different prospective on spending huge money on tractors and machinery. When you throw free time or employed labour into the mix it changes the economics

I need the power for LESS slurry and drawing silage bales on the summer before crows make sh1t of them. Hard to get contractors to do the slurry at peak times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Tonynewholland

7/8k hours is a lot in a few years your at 10k and not many will touch a tractor with those hours. If your paying the higher tax rate the difference isn’t that much for a tractor that could last 20 years if minded

Big difference in 0 hours and 8000 hours too. I went to look at a maxxum 125 in Cooney Furlong in Enniscorthy with a neighbour last week. 8000 hours on it, tyres only 30%. €48000.
    Finance that over 4 years and he has a worn out tractor at the end of the finance. Finance the new one at €83k over 7 years and the payment is almost identical but you have a tractor for years still.
    If on high tax as you often say yourself Bass it is €24k vs €41,500. €17500 of a difference or on an 8000 hour tractor that is €2.20 per engine hour for ownership. They are the cheapest hours in that tractors lifespan imo.

That's it. Tractors are not my thing but I need one. It's crazy money. The second hand tractors are not worth it. Say @ 83k. One of them tractors 2 - 3 years old with 2 - 3 thousand hours on the clock should be half the price of new. And 25k is enough for the 10 year old tractors.

Luxuum 120

Actually like the fact that the luxxum are Austrian built. Steyr in drag really. It's just a pity they put the small cab on them. They would have benefitted from the larger more spacious cab of the maxxum imo.

Actually like the fact that the luxxum are Austrian built. Steyr in drag really. It's just a pity they put the small cab on them. They would have benefitted from the larger more spacious cab of the maxxum imo.

The maxuum are bulkier for drawing loads and for high ground

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭cute geoge

What spec is the new maxxum for 83k like,That s/h maxxum for 48k if genuine are a top drawer tractor,they are bullet proof 6 pot and would be as capable as a tm/mxm

• Advertisement

cute geoge wrote: »
    What spec is the new maxxum for 83k like,That s/h maxxum for 48k if genuine are a top drawer tractor,they are bullet proof 6 pot and would be as capable as a tm/mxm

3 spools
    Push back hitch
    16 x 16 gearbox 40k
    Cab suspension only
    8 led worklights
    Full spec lrz 120 loader includes multidock, self levelling and soft drive
    Electronic lift
    On 600 and 480 tyres
    Good farmer spec to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭cute geoge

3 spools
    Push back hitch
    16 x 16 gearbox 40k
    Cab suspension only
    8 led worklights
    Full spec lrz 120 loader includes multidock, self levelling and soft drive
    Electronic lift
    On 600 and 480 tyres
    Good farmer spec to be fair
    Is it 110 hp ,the spec looks good ,new all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭paddysdream

He has that one a wee while as I looked at it last April.As far as I remember it was traded in to there January 2020 so a year on hand.
    Fairly fresh for c.8k hours as it drove a lot better than some that supposedly had a good bit less on the clock but still a strong price.
    Previous owner reckoned price is reflective of what his new one stood him as far as I can recall.
    For some reason couldn't warm to it as loader seemed very "out front"

I need the power for LESS slurry and drawing silage bales on the summer before crows make sh1t of them. Hard to get contractors to do the slurry at peak times.

LESS slurry is driving total cost to 100k + extra and limitations on TAMs drawings as well as extra borrowings. It also requires tractor jockey hours if yourself at 10-12 euro/hour. Drawing bales is not really a HP driven issue unless you have the wrong technology. Even at that it easy enough to by an old straight six cylinder yoke that will do the job for the sake of 3-4 days work a year.

Slava Ukrainii

Add 5k/ year on to costs above all off what you have posted, use a contractor and if he adds 5K to yearly budget get is tax deductible as well, but you are not sitting on the tractor on the June weekend.
    By contracting in as much as possible you take 30-50HP off tractors depending on 4 or 6 cylinders, turbo included, add in man hours and what goes on the hitch.

If you want to br a jockey enter a Donkey Derby it much cheaper and better fun. Mind you I never got the inclination to do that.

Slava Ukrainii

Add 5k/ year on to costs above all off what you have posted, use a contractor and if he adds 5K to yearly budget get is tax deductible as well, but you are not sitting on the tractor on the June weekend.
    By contracting in as much as possible you take 30-50HP off tractors depending on 4 or 6 cylinders, turbo included, add in man hours and what goes on the hitch.

If you want to br a jockey enter a Donkey Derby it much cheaper and better fun. Mind you I never got the inclination to do that.

Cant get the contractors when you want them and the way things are going they are only going to get more expensive.

Been looking to change one of the tractors last couple of months and have come to number of conclusions. Serious money in second hand tractors for dealers-5 grand on Irish tractors and 10k on imports.most dealer s are moving at most 2 tractors a month and even with warranty might only get caught for a big bill on one tractor in the year with your standard 3 months warranty.alot of people compare a new 110 hp tractor to secondhand tractors of much higher hp and spec.100 hp tractor nowadays is fast becoming a 35 and is really only fit for topping/fertiliser and feeding bales.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭Robson99

Is there any value in sourcing and importing a second hand tractor from the UK? Say something like a TL 90 for between 15 and 20k ( loader not required)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

With Brexit will there be VAT to pay in both sides?

• Advertisement

Mooooo wrote: »
    With Brexit will there be VAT to pay in both sides?

My understanding is now everyone will have to pay the vat in the uk but if your are irish registered you can get it back here whereas up to this Irish vat registered did pay the vat in the uk .as far as im aware everything else is similar except agricultural machinery now has to have a cert to say its cleaned properly but that was coming in anyway and has nothing to do with brexit.good few tractors in the country as fellas have imported a good few just in case there was duty went on them so tractors were in demand in the uk the last couple of months.3 or 4 months time might be a good time to look in the uk.all the dealers will tell you that they are mad busy but when you go to the yard you re knocking cobwebs off the tractors and batteries are low.the tams,covid and dairy expansion is slowing down trade as alot of lads are buying dribble/tanks and think the tractor will do for another year or 2 and lads are just a bit slower to travel with covid.open to correction on the tractor import stuff

Advertisement