Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Left 4 Dead... 2.

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

THAT WAS MY ROLLERCOASTER CHARGER YOU REFUGEE JUMPY!

Ah feck it. Well my unrecorded one killed off everyone :P Yours hit the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Anyone else tried the 10v10 ??

Its brilliant :D:) really hard and frantic !1

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

i've been playin it with Nvidia 3D. Best game to play it with. Feckin awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Seifer wrote: »
    The two are completely unrelated tbh. You can be as slow as you like playing expert and pick your way through the level. Try that in versus and you'll die.

Have you played expert? You stand around and you're dead, the AI director will just spawn horde after horde after horde. The game is very very unforgiving of slow play.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

The game is very very unforgiving of slow play.

Yeah Skilless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Maximilian wrote: »
    Brilliant. Made by an Irish lad too. :pac:

Saw this for €25 somewhere recently. Maybe might drop somebody a hint for ye olde Christmas present.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

HMV has the PC version for €25. Dunno about the Xbox one.

Dunno if this was ported anywhere else..but not too bad a song, and funny lyrics

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Jesus, how have they managed to make the matchmaking system even more retarded? Most of the time it just puts me into a lobby, and if it puts me into a server it'll be somewhere in ****ing Siberia and I'll have 700 ping. Not only that but going through openserverbrowser routinely causes the game to freeze if the server shuts down or if you fail to connect. **** sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I do find being connected to far off servers a bit irritating. Have found that I shouldn't bother shooting jockies at this stage, much easier to melee them.

Having a lot of fun playing Versus in this game. I know most people say it's ideal to play through the campaigns first but I seem to be doing fine so far without bothering. Charging people off bridges and roofs is hilarious.

• Advertisement

We set up a Dedicated server today,
    Will be adding it to my steam group later,
    Located in England, should get pings of 50 or so.

217.146.84.38:27015 , its setup for VRS atm, also set the option to vote to change map during game if yous like

Got annoyed with taking ages to find decent pings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

SeantheMan wrote: »
    We set up a Dedicated server today,
    Will be adding it to my steam group later,
    Located in England, should get pings of 50 or so.

217.146.84.38:27015 , its setup for VRS atm, also set the option to vote to change map during game if yous like

Got annoyed with taking ages to find decent pings.

Cool, will check it out. What's it called?

I think {DoWUK} Left4Dead2 Server

Not sure how to connect to specific servers straight from Lobbys though as they seem to have removed CONSOLE within the lobby.
    if anyone knows how to do this , please post how :D

So I suppose the best way would be via steam group, but saying that im gettin 500 servers showing up in steam groups, and I dont know who they all belong to.

Otherwise if you know the people to play, just connect via console

connect "IP"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

I think if you type
    connect 217.146.84.38:27015 you will get onto Seans server.

I got disconnected last night Sean in case you thought it was a RAGE quit.... NEVER!!!

Did you's fill the car, never seen anyone finish that level.
    Ill prob be on tonight if people are around for a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I think {DoWUK} Left4Dead2 Server

Not sure how to connect to specific servers straight from Lobbys though as they seem to have removed CONSOLE within the lobby.
    if anyone knows how to do this , please post how :D

So I suppose the best way would be via steam group, but saying that im gettin 500 servers showing up in steam groups, and I dont know who they all belong to.

Otherwise if you know the people to play, just connect via console

connect "IP"

Can you make a steam group with the server details in it or is the only way to join by console or through a buddy?

There is a DoWUK steam group, itll be added to that I think

In the meantime, I've figured out how to create a lobby, that when I click Start Game, it will connect straight to the server.
    I suppose thats assuming its not full, but I don't really wanna make it private

Ill just kick them via console first i suppose :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

The Last Stand Update out this week.
    Left 4 Dead 2: The Last Stand Community Update is shipping September 24th, and we're celebrating with a free weekend!

Grab your friends and tackle the zombie horde in over twenty new survival arenas, four new scavenge arenas, and a campaign based on The Lighthouse survival map. New achievements, melee weapons, animations, dialog, competitive balance adjustments, and other surprises round out this official update for Left 4 Dead 2 created by the community, for the community.

Advertisement