Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Demons Souls

1666768697072»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,776 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Which has me thinking it might be a mistake.

Would be awesome to get it on pc.

Means the entire souls catalogue will be preserved forever.

Sony charging €79.99 for first party games according to their Blog.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,778 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Sony charging €79.99 for first party games according to their Blog.

Kind of happens every gen. Prices go up. Userbase increases meaning retailers can get better discounts. Prices drop to reasonable levels again. I remember 70-75 being the norm on console for the PS360 era.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,081 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

They’ve removed the ‘PC and other consoles’ trailer apparently, so one would presume an error was made.

PC version not outside the realms of possibility somewhere along the line, but we ain’t getting an Xbox and Switch version.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

And the Demon Souls trailer is gone, pulled by Sony. SO question is what part of the end card was BS? Just the "other console part" or that and the "also on PC" part?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Considering that Sony owns the right to the Demons Souls brand, they would be mad to release it on PC initially. This game will drive sales of their console. It has me thinking about buying a PS5 at launch and i have never bought a console at launch since the first Playstation (Well my parents bought it :P)

I was surprised when they released Horizon on the PC. Gives me a glimmer of hope we might be able to play Bloodborne and maybe even Demons Souls on PC at some stage.

Ah well, Kotaku saying a Sony rep has stated its a PS5 only exclusive game.

The dream is dead :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Considering that Sony owns the right to the Demons Souls brand, they would be mad to release it on PC initially. This game will drive sales of their console. It has me thinking about buying a PS5 at launch and i have never bought a console at launch since the first Playstation (Well my parents bought it :P)

I was surprised when they released Horizon on the PC. Gives me a glimmer of hope we might be able to play Bloodborne and maybe even Demons Souls on PC at some stage.

Yeah, I won't rule it out for sometime down the line (especially after it was revealed that they wanted to bring more PS titles to PC a few weeks back).

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

That's a shocking price increase for D's on Smyth's,80 euro!!!

daheadonu wrote: »
    That's a shocking price increase for D's on Smyth's,80 euro!!!

Dats the future now :(

Possibly so they can justify PS5 titles being "next gen" when selling the PS4 versions of games (such as Spiderman and Horizon 2) at €60

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

Gunmonkey wrote:
    Possibly so they can justify PS5 titles being "next gen" when selling the PS4 versions of games (such as Spiderman and Horizon 2) at €60

Gunmonkey wrote:
    Dats the future now

Might just wait a while for a sale hopefully.

Crazy though I'd wonder if other companies are gonna use this bas justification to raise there own prices aswell.

Hope there's full BC for PS4 games because I'd feel like a right knob having traded in my PS4 and having nothing to play at launch 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

They made loads of Money from the PC so I would say they will continue to develop more of their IP for PS5 and PC, money is king. If Sony is now saying Demon Souls is not coming to PC that just makes Sony look bad, they should not have allowed the mistake to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

There's immediate game profits but that's not thinking long term. They ultimately need exclusives like DeS to secure more console sales which then locks the user into their store and ecosystem. Sure they lose some 100K on PC sales, potentially even millions. But the money they gain from all those people buying PlayStation subscriptions to stay online and then having their patronage because they're already invested into the platform is wildly more profitable to them. Someone who just buys a PS5 to play one game is very unlikely to literally only buy one game. They'll buy dozens at minimum in the console's lifecycle which more than covers any lost PC sales.

This is one of the reason why I don't even touch consoles anymore. Complete racket.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭solidasarock

Some poor video editor probably used the same text that was in the Death Loop / FF16 trailers and didnt pay attention.

The line about it being timed console exclusive should have been enough of a sign someone messed up. Demons Souls is a 100% Sony owned thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Demons Souls is a 100% Sony owned thing.

So were Death Stranding and Horizon ZD though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

There's immediate game profits but that's not thinking long term. They ultimately need exclusives like DeS to secure more console sales which then locks the user into their store and ecosystem. Sure they lose some 100K on PC sales, potentially even millions. But the money they gain from all those people buying PlayStation subscriptions to stay online and then having their patronage because they're already invested into the platform is wildly more profitable to them. Someone who just buys a PS5 to play one game is very unlikely to literally only buy one game. They'll buy dozens at minimum in the console's lifecycle which more than covers any lost PC sales.

This is one of the reason why I don't even touch consoles anymore. Complete racket.

They're selling a console with a 10 teraflop GPU, 16GB ram, 8 core 16 thread AMD Cpu and an extremely fast 825gb ssd. All in a small form factor with a controller for €399.

You'd pay €1,500+ for a laptop like that.

I think our definition of a racket is pretty different.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

One thing I never got to grips with in this game is the world tendency stuff so i think i missed out on a fair bit of the game.

Ah looks like there won't be any point buying the new Demons Souls remake, will just have to get Sackboy instead. 5 stars, do not recommend. Someone didn't get a PS5 pre-order by the looks of it.

526607.JPG

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,778 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The combat looks ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

They're selling a console with a 10 teraflop GPU, 16GB ram, 8 core 16 thread AMD Cpu and an extremely fast 825gb ssd. All in a small form factor with a controller for €399.

You'd pay €1,500+ for a laptop like that.

I think our definition of a racket is pretty different.

A console can't do 90% of things a laptop can nor does it have a screen or remote power. Consoles costing more in the long run has been well established at this point. There's a reason they sell the console cheap, the exact reasons I just described.

• Advertisement

I get they turned on super damage to get through the demo quicker (hope it's not like that at launch anyway) but other than that, just the lack of response when someone hit your shield kind of annoyed me. Loved everything else. This vid really hits home the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

A console can't do 90% of things a laptop can nor does it have a screen or remote power. Consoles costing more in the long run has been well established at this point. There's a reason they sell the console cheap, the exact reasons I just described.

Just like printers, they sell the device at a lose and make their profits off the ink cartridges [games].

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I get they turned on super damage to get through the demo quicker (hope it's not like that at launch anyway) but other than that, just the lack of response when someone hit your shield kind of annoyed me. Loved everything else. This vid really hits home the difference.

Eh, regardless of what people think I've not played Demon Souls so I am eagerly looking forward to this! I've enjoyed the Dark Souls series, Bloodborne and Surge series. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,720 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Yeah but some people don't care about that 90% and if your one of those people consoles are cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭mrm

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I get they turned on super damage to get through the demo quicker (hope it's not like that at launch anyway).........This vid really hits home the difference.

Graphics - better
    Gameplay - worse

Demons Souls - soulless

Really hope this is not the final offering.... PC and Xbox can have it! Run Wednesdays retracted trailer again.

https://youtu.be/qjZIw0VUezU

No excitement around here for this? I've gotten more interested the more I've seen.
    I wasnt sure if I'd get it at launch but I think it looks by far the most interesting and exciting looking launch title particularly with Cyber Punk out of the way.

It won't embedded for me if someone could help out ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

weiland79 wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/qjZIw0VUezU

No excitement around here for this? I've gotten more interested the more I've seen.
    I wasnt sure if I'd get it at launch but I think it looks by far the most interesting and exciting looking launch title particularly with Cyber Punk out of the way.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058116792

Advertisement