Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GRO Marriage Cert

• 05-09-2018 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭

How long does it take for the GRO (Roscommon) to respond? I sent an email with completed form last Friday, I thought I would receive an email back straight away with payment details. 
    I sent a follow up email yesterday. Still nothing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭kanadams123

Usually they send request of payment within a few hours..in my experience anyway. Are you sure you have the right email address?

I sent a request and made a payment online for 2 photocopies, 15 days ago. (2 weeks ago from yesterday) and i havn't received copies yet.
    I too sent a follow-up email on Monday and got nothing.

I understand they get a lot of these requests. Last time i made a request it took 14 days. I just think its a bit exessive.

Maybe they have stopped taking payments for a bit untill they catch up on requests??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I find giving them a call usually works wonders.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Thanks for the tip! Will give it a try later

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭hblock21

[font=Roboto, RobotoDraft, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]GROonlinepayments@groireland.ie[/font]
    I presume its the correct email?
    Its my first time sending a request to them. Ok I'll just wait a little longer or maybe I'll give them a call.
    Thanks

yep that's it. Sorry for presuming otherwise!

Its odd not to get the payment request soon after, so a call would be a good idea!!

• Advertisement

hblock21 wrote: »
    [font=Roboto, RobotoDraft, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]GROonlinepayments@groireland.ie[/font]
    I presume its the correct email?
    Its my first time sending a request to them. Ok I'll just wait a little longer or maybe I'll give them a call.
    Thanks

AHA....did you use capitals for the first 3 letters?

From what i am aware, the part before @ in an email adress is case sensitive (ie it should be gro not GRO)

I hope this helps!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

AHA....did you use capitals for the first 3 letters?

From what i am aware, the part before @ in an email adress is case sensitive (ie it should be gro not GRO)

I hope this helps!!

This should not matter anymore. If the address was wrong, it would have bounced.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement