Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread IV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,460 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

• Administrators Posts: 53,126 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

ssaye2 wrote: »
    Like this

956430.jpg

Sexton seems to be a guy who skips leg day in the gym?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I'd say it's not too comfortable playing with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

MJohnston wrote: »

It's to fool the opposition into thinking 'I'll easily take down this baby faced fella...'

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

awec wrote: »

Don't mess with the pegs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Sanjuro wrote: »
    It's to fool the opposition into thinking 'I'll easily take down this baby faced fella...'

At least he still has the woeful haircut too.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,742 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I'm getting jut a tad excited about this years 6 Nations as a result of these pictures.

Bring. It. On.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Shoulda kept the beard and shaved the head

• Registered Users Posts: 12,752 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

wprathead wrote: »

That would have been an unbelievable look. A skinhead, lesbian's face with a homeless man's unkempt beard.

I'd award him player of the tournament right now just for that!!

• Administrators Posts: 53,126 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

.ak wrote: »
    Don't mess with the pegs.

But seriously those look like proper skinny pegs for a pro rugby player.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Ah we haven't had hair to admire since Jerry Flannery and Shane Byrne retired. He's no Dimitri Swarzewski though...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

I blame the leggings, nugget looks tiny
    INPHO_00887993.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,752 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Zzippy wrote: »
    Ah we haven't had hair to admire since Jerry Flannery and Shane Byrne retired. He's no Dimitri Swarzewski though...

Well if we are going down that road...

It's the perfect specimen himself...

stevewalsh.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

wprathead wrote: »

He'd look like John Muldoon's long lost son.

B7D_vD0IYAI88Q3.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 17,724 ✭✭✭✭bilston

molloyjh wrote: »
    I'm getting jut a tad excited about this years 6 Nations as a result of these pictures.

Bring. It. On.

The year has five seasons...Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter and the best season of all...The Six Nations...the most wonderful time of the year...

His quads would be massive. But his calves look tiny alright, but he's always been gangly. He says he has trouble making gains in the gym tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,815 ✭✭✭✭emmet02

His quads would be massive. But his calves look tiny alright, but he's always been gangly. He says he has trouble making gains in the gym tho.

You are Johnny Drama?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Didn't Joe refer to him as the 'skinny fella' when he first came to Leinster?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

I know he is Sean O'Brien and everything but is it not foolhardy to throw him in so early? I mean if he comes thru the Saxons game (a very tough physical examination in itself) people will be calling for him to be in the 23 against Italy. I mean he hasnt played hardly any rugby over the last 12 months? Should they not even play him in a few AIL games to get him up to speed?

vienne86 wrote: »
    Didn't Joe refer to him as the 'skinny fella' when he first came to Leinster?

That's a bit rich coming from Joe Schmidt isn't it?..:)

• Advertisement

Quint2010 wrote: »
    I know he is Sean O'Brien and everything but is it not foolhardy to throw him in so early? I mean if he comes thru the Saxons game (a very tough physical examination in itself) people will be calling for him to be in the 23 against Italy. I mean he hasnt played hardly any rugby over the last 12 months? Should they not even play him in a few AIL games to get him up to speed?

He'd kill someone in the ail.

No I think the Saxons game is the perfect opportunity. Then bench against Italy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

How early is it though? There were photos of him training 7 odd weeks ago, they'll have to throw him in at some point

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭dtpc191991

I am really excited now. If this team can stay relatively fit we could take the slam!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

If he has a good 80 minutes against the saxon I would have no problem putting him on the bench against Italy.

• I've never seen such harmony and optimism ever in the Ireland thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭S12b

I get where you're coming from but in fairness, Sean O'Brien at 60% is probably just as good as Tommy O'Donnell or Jordi Murphy, the two possibles for the 7 shirt. Plus, by giving him 20 minutes off the bench against Italy, you're getting him closer to his best. SOB at 75% ousts TOD/Jordi and the sooner we can get SOB back near his best the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭S12b

He says in his book that he's always been slagged about his physique and his gym performance. Skinny little legs, no shoulders, ****ty numbers on the big lifts.....but in fairness to him, he's arguably the best 10 in the world and for a 10, he's an excellent tackler so it doesn't appear to have held him back too much.....once he stays fit, I don't care if he looks like a 14 year old boy!! :D:D

S12b wrote: »
    I get where you're coming from but in fairness, Sean O'Brien at 60% is probably just as good as Tommy O'Donnell or Jordi Murphy, the two possibles for the 7 shirt. Plus, by giving him 20 minutes off the bench against Italy, you're getting him closer to his best. SOB at 75% ousts TOD/Jordi and the sooner we can get SOB back near his best the better.

Not doubting his ability. What I am doubting is his conditioning and match fitness. We don't want him breaking down again. But they must know what they are doing I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

I've never seen such harmony and optimism ever in the Ireland thread

4 of our 5 most important players are training with the squad after being injury doubts, if there wasn't harmony today there never, ever would be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

That's a bit rich coming from Joe Schmidt isn't it?..:)

When Leinster were down to the bare bones because of injuries in Joe's last season, he quipped that if he wasn't such a weedy little fella himself, he'd bring his boots. So Johnny is skinny and Joe is weedy!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement