Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What car should i buy...

Options
  • 23-06-2019 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Looking to buy a used car, budget 12-15k, but have v little knowledge.
    Mainly short city driving during the week, but do longer drives (i.e. dub-cork) at least 2-3 times a month.
    Thinking of something like focus/i30/golf - any preferences of these or alternative suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

bkirl wrote: »
    Looking to buy a used car, budget 12-15k, but have v little knowledge.
    Mainly short city driving during the week, but do longer drives (i.e. dub-cork) at least 2-3 times a month.
    Thinking of something like focus/i30/golf - any preferences of these or alternative suggestions?

Volvo s 40/s60

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

A hybrid such as the Auris or Prius maybe. Otherwise a petrol.

Do you need a big boot or rear leg room for passengers or baby seat for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Look to youtube for car reviews
    When you do buy a car - go to a dealer. That way you get a warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bkirl

DaveyDave wrote: »
    A hybrid such as the Auris or Prius maybe. Otherwise a petrol.

Do you need a big boot or rear leg room for passengers or baby seat for example?

No storage space/rear room not really an issue for me

Advertisement