Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Octavia VRS .... What next

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Alfagtamini

shanec1928 wrote: »
    Around 200 beans

Ouch :-( but worth it. I'll chance by arm at getting the UK dealer to cover it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Ouch :-( but worth it. I'll chance by arm at getting the UK dealer to cover it
    Don’t think it can be done remotely.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,502 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Could someone enable it with a vcds cable?

vectra wrote: »
    Could someone enable it with a vcds cable?

It seems you can buy the required SD card on eBay but the adverts are not clear on whether the car needs additional coding or just the as card.
    I'll ring my local VW dealer in the morning to get a price.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭hognef

Mazda 6 175. No Android auto tho

Android Auto (and Apple CarPlay) is currently available factory-installed (not sure if standard or optional) with new cars and as an upgrade (€350 or so) for post-2014 (?) cars since late 2018. It's also available as an unofficial software install (free).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

hognef wrote: »
    Android Auto (and Apple CarPlay) is currently available factory-installed (not sure if standard or optional) with new cars and as an upgrade (€350 or so) for post-2014 (?) cars since late 2018. It's also available as an unofficial software install (free).

That is good news because the 2014+ infotainment system and GPS is a step down from the 2013

Having a play with VCDS this morning.

I was planning on changing the Speedo from MPH to KPH.

Thought this would be as simple as changing the country code from UK to Europe, but that does not seem to be the case. I can't find the country code option in (17) instruments and (7) coding.

It has the digital dash so I'm hoping it can be done.

Any ideas ?

Oh and I rang the local VW dealer. €220 to enable app connect

Having a play with VCDS this morning.

I was planning on changing the Speedo from MPH to KPH.

Thought this would be as simple as changing the country code from UK to Europe, but that does not seem to be the case. I can't find the country code option in (17) instruments and (7) coding.

It has the digital dash so I'm hoping it can be done.

Any ideas ?

Oh and I rang the local VW dealer. €220 to enable app connect

Managed to figure it out.
    It seems you need to change a few different options.

Display language to German (byte 8 bit 00)

Byte 7
    Fuel consumption to L/100km

Byte 6
    Bit 0 0
    Bit 1 0
    Bit 2 0
    Bit 3-4 10 .
    Bit 5-6 00
    Bit 7 0

Hi all

I've had the Vrs on donedeal now for over a week with no calls.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/skoda-octavia-vrs-rs-dsg-combi-2014-141/21555148

How does the advert look to you ?

Managed to figure it out.
    It seems you need to change a few different options.

Display language to German (byte 8 bit 00)

Byte 7
    Fuel consumption to L/100km

Byte 6
    Bit 0 0
    Bit 1 0
    Bit 2 0
    Bit 3-4 10 .
    Bit 5-6 00
    Bit 7 0

Surely all that can just be changed in the menu in the car? Not familiar with the digital dash for changing mph to kmh on the speedo but all other miles stuff can be changed to km in VWs in settings l/100km, digital speed, odometer etc (done it in two of our cars).. I know in a Bmw with a digital dash you can interchange between mph and kmh as you want so would have assumed vw would be the same.

• Advertisement

Surely all that can just be changed in the menu in the car? Not familiar with the digital dash but for changing mph to kmh but all other miles stuff can be changed to km in VWs in settings (done it in two of our cars).. I know in a Bmw with a digital dash you can interchange between mph and kmh as you want so would have assumed vw would be the same.

No , you can only change the digital readout but not the digital analogue style Speedo in the settings menu . Hope that makes sense

No , you can only change the digital readout but not the digital analogue style Speedo in the settings menu . Hope that makes sense

Yeah I understand, madness that it’s not a simple menu option.

Yeah I understand, madness that it’s not a simple menu option.

I was equally surprised. But at least it can be done !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭GavMan

Hi all

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/skoda-octavia-vrs-rs-dsg-combi-2014-141/21555148

Ad looks good to me. Maybe give your seats a wipe. Look a bit grubby. Particularly the rear bench.

Nice car. Just gonna take some time to find someone who can/will hand over 15k in private sale with no comebacks...

GavMan wrote: »
    Ad looks good to me. Maybe give your seats a wipe. Look a bit grubby. Particularly the rear bench.

Nice car. Just gonna take some time to find someone who can/will hand over 15k in private sale with no comebacks...

Thanks for taking a look. Good spot . I'll do that and get the pictures updated.
    It's a great car and I'm probably going to regret selling it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭GavMan

Yep, nothing worse than that feeling...

If this was 18 months in the future, I'd be keen. Great colour. Must be rare. It will go. Will just take a while. Have you posted on any enthusiasts forums/social media groups? Might get some traction

GavMan wrote: »
    Yep, nothing worse than that feeling...

If this was 18 months in the future, I'd be keen. Great colour. Must be rare. It will go. Will just take a while. Have you posted on any enthusiasts forums/social media groups? Might get some traction

Yeah took me a few months to find a vrs combi . I've not seen another in Rio red.

That's a good idea, I'm not on any enthusiast forums but definitely worth doing.

I've been offered a good deal on a trade in but im holding off to see if I can sell it privately first

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

It's lovely. I'd love it

I've a similar age, mileage and spec Kuga that I'd have to sell in order to buy. Won't be happening I'm afraid.

Good luck with sale

It's lovely. I'd love it

I've a similar age, mileage and spec Kuga that I'd have to sell in order to buy. Won't be happening I'm afraid.

Good luck with sale

Thanks and good luck with your sale also !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭MarkN

Take new pictures without filters on them.

• Advertisement

MarkN wrote: »
    Take new pictures without filters on them.

Google photos actually put the filters on as suggestions. I can easily re upload the photos to donedeal without the filters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭shanec1928

What has been said better photos, stick a photo of the speedometer up so that it has mileage on display and stick back in the original radio.

shanec1928 wrote: »
    What has been said better photos, stick a photo of the speedometer up so that it has mileage on display and stick back in the original radio.

I have the original radio sorted away. But I thought having the bigger screen with apple car play would be a benefit.
    I think I might have a photo of it with the original radio fitted so I could add both

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Hi all

Mention a wheel refurb - some guys know what they're looking at and black wheels mean the challenge pack but without the black pack it might make them think it looks odd.

I like how subtle it is but many might not be mad about the colour. Remember that cat in Galvins when I was having a nose about waiting for a car to be serviced. Colour is the reason why.

Might just take time with Easter and the kids being off school. Should find a buyer being dsg and a combi.

Get some leather/vinyl cleaner too - the seats could do with a little tlc.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭TommyGun2017

Not sure if it's the angle but is the right exhaust trim a bit off kilter?
    Either way, lovely bus

Mention a wheel refurb - some guys know what they're looking at and black wheels mean the challenge pack but without the black pack it might make them think it looks odd.

I like how subtle it is but many might not be mad about the colour. Remember that cat in Galvins when I was having a nose about waiting for a car to be serviced. Colour is the reason why.

Might just take time with Easter and the kids being off school. Should find a buyer being dsg and a combi.

Get some leather/vinyl cleaner too - the seats could do with a little tlc.

Good point regarding the wheels. I've added that now to the advert.
    Yeah I purchased it from Galvin's last summer.

I'm going to give the seats a clean and take some new photos over the weekend .

Not sure if it's the angle but is the right exhaust trim a bit off kilter?
    Either way, lovely bus

I think it's just the photo. I've never noticed it but I'll check it tomorrow just to be sure

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Lleyn elec

OP the price is good, I'd say the colour is not helping things.

Lleyn elec wrote: »
    OP the price is good, I'd say the colour is not helping things.

Thanks . Colour choice is a funny thing I suppose. I picked this one because of the colour :D
    I wanted Rio red or rallye green

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭adam88

Thanks for taking a look. Good spot . I'll do that and get the pictures updated.
    It's a great car and I'm probably going to regret selling it

I know the feeling. I regretting selling mine the following day. Was so close to going back to dealers and asking for car back and paying again for it lol

Advertisement