Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

191 reg cars...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

The new Octavia looks very good ( due in Ireland at end of 2019 ). They say that its the same size as the current model but it looks to have the Superb styling. For me the current Superb is the best looking car on the road, but it's too big and too expensive for me. But perhaps the new Octavia is exactly what I am looking for in terms of styling, price, size and efficiency.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

AMKC wrote: »
    Seen a 191 Peugeot 508 today 191-D-28680 parked outside my local Aldi. Stunning car. The colour looked like platinum grey. Definitely looks way better in the metal than in pics. Could not take a pic as the driver was in it and the door open.

They are desperately subjective to the trim and colour on them.
    Saw a basic spec red one with tiny wheels and it looked dreadful, also saw a (GT?) spec one in a gunmetal grey with bigger wheels and it looked really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,557 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Saw a basic spec red one with tiny wheels and it looked dreadful, also saw a (GT?) spec one in a gunmetal grey with bigger wheels and it looked really well.

I think that might have been the colour of the one I saw and it was a decent spec. Had nice alloys and looked really well. Was thinking after should have just asked the driver a few questions about it. It look pristine almost like it was still in a showroom. Not a spec of dirt on it at least where you could see anyway.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

I like the chrome finish around the windows the Allure models seem to have.

Would be happy with smaller wheels as you normally get a smoother ride.

Cars do seem designed to encourage you to spec up though.

You want a light coloured interior???? (For example).

"Certainly sir - the leather is standard on next grade up for an extra 3 k - you can spec cream colour. On entry level we only do black cloth".

Edit - my leather interior point was generic and not a specific 508 or Peugeot point

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭GavMan

That could literally be any mass market car in the world to be fair.

50k is a redic price for a GT however. That would get you a really sweet A4 or 3 Series

• Advertisement
    Ms

Seen my first new model 191 Toyota Camry today. It looked nice especially the interior.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭maddness

GavMan wrote: »
    That could literally be any mass market car in the world to be fair.

50k is a redic price for a GT however. That would get you a really sweet A4 or 3 Series

50K won’t get you much in the new 3 series tbh, they are very pricey

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭sk8board

maddness wrote: »
    50K won’t get you much in the new 3 series tbh, they are very pricey

Joe D finglas have an estoril 320d msport for €56k+. No stupid options ticked, just the obvious stuff at that spec level.
    To put that in context, it’s the exact same price my current model 420d gc msport, and a healthy €5k more than the previous model.

A 6 month old 520d msport is probably cheaper

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

A 2011 McLaren at adrian Quinn’s ye can keep all yer 2019
    And she’s only 159k with 22k in the clock - lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭GavMan

sk8board wrote: »
    Joe D finglas have an estoril 320d msport for €56k+. No stupid options ticked, just the obvious stuff at that spec level.
    To put that in context

Thats left me a bit shook if I'm honest. But if that is the going rate for that sort of 3er, then the Pug is still overpriced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭maddness

sk8board wrote: »
    To put that in context, it’s the exact same price my current model 420d gc msport, and a healthy €5k more than the previous model.

A 6 month old 520d msport is probably cheaper

This is the issue, can you imagine paying €56 grand for a bloody 320D!

It’s silly really. And I’ve seen very very few on the roads since deliveries started. It’s a new 3 series, where’s the demand?

For comparison, There are main dealer 182 520d m sport Touring’s with 10,000kms and huge specs on carzone for €47k.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

I'm due a 330i next Thursday for the day. Had asked for a 340i but apparently none in the country as of yet. I would not even entertain them at that price point, regardless of the opinion I form on one next week. Nuts pricing. That's a good point actually sk8board - usually there would be a sea of them on the roads by now following the launch, going on historical 3 series launches.

The 56 k 320d gets even worse - it's down on carzone as having 700 miles on it.

Oddly* 318 ds of the new model are on carzone for around the 40 k mark.

*you'd think it would be closer in price even accounting for the jump from 318d SE to 320d Msport

Ms

Anyone seen any of the new KIA Proceed on the road yet? I sat in one in a showroom yesterday and have to say I was very impressed. Its a stunning looking car, has a big boot and its supposed to be very good to drive too. I just think its a pity that 1.6 KIA diesel is not available in it as they might be missing out on a few sales by not having a diesel in it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭DriveSkill

Old diesel wrote: »

*you'd think it would be closer in price even accounting for the jump from 318d SE to 320d Msport

Looked at a 320D MSport recently and adding what I would consider to be basic enough just options on a "premium" brand - wireless phone charging, keyless entry, auto gearbox and few others the price came to €61K :eek:

It doesnt help that the options come in packs which are all 2-3K so you may not want everything in the pack but you end up paying the lot. It did come with a very nice HUD but I was shocked at the price.

Still didnt have the level of driving aids I would like such as no adaptive cruise, no blind spot detection, no 360 camera

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

DriveSkill wrote: »
    no adaptive cruise

That's pretty bad, my 2015 Superb has it as standard.

If the Tesla 3 was available in numbers 3 series sales would be suffering badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭carsfan2

Old diesel wrote: »

The 3 series will only sell in reasonable numbers when 316/318 become readily available. The prices for the rest are too close to 5 series to make them attractive.
    Nearly new 5 series for less than the price of a new 3 is a no brainer too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭traco

Just dipped in here but I'm shocked at prices on the recent pages - its a long time since I looked at new car pricing apart from a few work cars last year, info below. The 3 series and pug are nuts!! Maybe I've missed something completely.

Actual quotes for a 182 car - bought him the superb. All standard trims so no fancy add ons but even adding 5k of options its still a massive jump to the 50-60k mentioned previously.

Skoda Superb Ambition €32,900
    Ford Mondeo Titanium €29,250
    Ford Mondeo Titanium €33,694
    Skoda Superb Ambition €32,900
    Skoda Superb Ambition €31,500
    Audi A3 Saloon SE €30,950
    VW Passat Comfortline €30,950
    VW Passat Comfortline €33,950
    Hyundai I40 Executive €29,950

• Registered Users Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭carsfan2

• Advertisement

And it's not even brand new.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Casati

OSI wrote: »
    Fecking Polo has had adaptive cruise for best part of 5 years ffs.

I doubt it, certainly not standard fit surely? See it on a lot of Highline Golfs and Passats with the tech pack

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭KFed

carsfan2 wrote: »

You wouldn't want 100% finance, tough sales pitch. "you can own this car for just 1,000e a month for about 7 years."

• Registered Users Posts: 51,113 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

OSI wrote: »
    Fecking Polo has had adaptive cruise for best part of 5 years ffs.
    Casati wrote: »
    I doubt it, certainly not standard fit surely? See it on a lot of Highline Golfs and Passats with the tech pack

Adaptive cruise is not standard fit on the Audi range either which is even more ironic. Premium brands have always got away with charging for extras that were standard on lesser brands.

carsfan2 wrote: »

I priced the M Performance wheels and some of the less tacky carbon bits on my 420d gc a few years ago - the wheels alone were €5.5k :)
    That car has them all, easily €10k I’d say.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭ofcork

Are prices really gone that bad though my sisters 320d m sport was 62k new back in 07.

Ms

Have Fiat stopped selling cars in Ireland? There is no website for Ireland but you can get one for Iceland, the UK or anywhere else no problem.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭ofcork

Dan seaman in cork is still selling fiat.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

AMKC wrote: »
    Have Fiat stopped selling cars in Ireland? There is no website for Ireland but you can get one for Iceland, the UK or anywhere else no problem.

Here's the sales for this year so far, so someone is selling them!

No. MAKE MODEL 2019
    1 FIAT TIPO 104 73

2 FIAT 500 84 147

3 FIAT 500X 41 47

4 FIAT PANDA 19 31

5 FIAT 500C 8 5

6 FIAT 124 SPIDER 4 5

7 FIAT 500L 3 14

8 FIAT DOBLO 1

Agnelli Motors in Greenhills Road, Tallaght, Dublin 24

http://agnellimotorpark.ie/fiat-cars/

• Advertisement

ofcork wrote: »
    Are prices really gone that bad though my sisters 320d m sport was 62k new back in 07.

it would have been on the old tax system, and bmw were the big gainers in 08 - with the 520d price in particular coming down too close to the 320d, and selling by the tonne (€156 annual tax, remember), just like what’s happening now really. It may also have had a few obscure extras ticked on top of the usuals.

Who would pick a new 320d msport over a demo 520d msport ?

Advertisement