Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Importing from the UK - definitive guide (Q&A)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

whippet wrote:
    you could possibly do it still, you would have to leave the car in the UK for safety sake

Depends if your driving license is IE or UK. If it's a UK license, pretty little authorities can do (unless you disclose that you are an Irish citizen?).
    whippet wrote:
    keep a bank account open, phone bill open and have a place of residence.

You may need more than that - and that's from experience. The ol'VRT people will be looking hard through your documentary evidence to smell such a 'deliberate' attempt to skirt VRT (as in "come over now but wait 6 months before bringing the motor over").

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭whippet

'You may need more than that - and that's from experience. The ol'VRT people will be looking hard through your documentary evidence to smell such a 'deliberate' attempt to skirt VRT (as in "come over now but wait 6 months before bringing the motor over").;

your documents would have to be inorder and legit alright, I wouldn't disagree with that, but with regards to getting a new job and being on a probationary period for 6 months, you can't take anything for granted and where would it leave you if you had to go back to the UK if your contract wasn't extended.

To be honest the case in hand, you obviously have been living in the UK, have bank accounts, insurance policies, council tax recipts etc .. if you keep those open and in use there shouldn't be any rat that the VRT guys could smell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Graz

Many thanks for the replies folks. My driving license is actually an Irish one.

What probably makes matters even more difficult for me is that I will be working a good bit in Ireland even before I move back (envisage that will be in Sep/October) and the car would be much more useful over here than in the UK during that period. I have heard something about a 'green card' that entitles you to drive abroad while taxed/insured in the UK but not sure if that would cover me in any case.

All in all it's a bit of a tricky situation, I might just be better off forgetting the whole idea of buying in the UK altogether. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Gorgon

Hey gang, whats the situation with the car auctions, u have to pay the VRT on some of the cars(jap imports mainly), who imports these cars, merlin?? Then theres the odd uk import e.g. last month there was a
    2003 Audi A4 1.9 TDI SE
    VRT APPROX €6625 FSH PS AB ABS AC AW CD CL EM EW
    1896cc 51,000m 1 owner Diesel Grey
    went for €19,100
    questions
    1 Whos likely to have imported this, some joe bloggs or a dealer??
    2 If a dealer did why would they import a uk car and sell it in an auction, wouldnt he have a better return if he sold it on the fourcourt.
    3 Could a Joe Bloggs import a car and sell it in an auction and get the buyer to deal with the VRT.
    4 If not how could Joe Bloggs import a car and sell it getting the buyer to deal with the VRT like the auction does it(become a dealer??).
    5 How does Joe set up Bloggs Cars, does he need a licence, like a pub.
    6 How are the auction houses able to sell cars with the VRT still to be paid(some second hand car bylaw??).

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

Robertr wrote:
    Getting a few questions from people who want to have a go at making some money selling imported cars. Here are a few tips I would suggest:
    - Get a Dublin reg. People in Dublin are strange about having a D reg. I'm not sure why. You don't want to eliminate that much of the market straight away. When registering the car just put an address of someone you know in Dublin. They will send the registration to that address. Then just do a change of address to your own if you are holding on to the car for a while.

Personally if all things were equal I wouldn't buy a D reg car for the simple reason of all the city mileage that it does. All that stop start driving. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

Personally if all things were equal I wouldn't buy a D reg car for the simple reason of all the city mileage that it does. All that stop start driving. :rolleyes:

City cars are generally better kept, cleaner & have lower mileage, not to mention the generally better surfaced roads.

The only major problems to look for would be clutch & gear box.

Personally I'd go for a city car before looking in the likes of the border areas...too many rallyheads & boy racers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 The Dutchman

Hi,

What's the rumours all about...? Is the VRT being scrapped? Since the European law is coming into force, will Ireland follow.... or do we keep doing or own thing and they will keep raking in the money....? Any news on that?
    :o
    cheers, the dutchman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ALAN B

:GREAT SITE JUST WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR WHERE DO YOU SEE THE BIG SAVINGS, I WOULD LOVE TO MAKE A HOBBY OF IT I WOULD LOVE TO IMPORT SOMETHING LIKE A MERC S CLASS 320 2000/2001 AND SELL IT ON IN A FEW MONTHS, WHAT DO YOU THINK?
    OR IS THERE A CAR WHICH YOU CAN BUY IN THE UK AT THE RIGHT PRICE PAY THE VRT AND THAT THERE IS GOOD DEMAND FOR OVER THERE THAT I COULD MAKE A SMALL PROFIT?
    :) THANKS AGAIN! :)

) :)
    Robertr wrote:
    For those looking to save a few quid here is my difinitive guide to importing cars from the UK based on my own experiences.

Firstly here is the best information you can get: Revenue.ie - VRT

When you want to get a car from the UK there are a few rules to follow:

(1) You will have to pay VRT on any car coming into Ireland from any country unless over 30 years old.
    (2) You will have to pay VAT on all cars coming from outside the EU, so always buy in the EU as an additional 21% will never bring it under the Irish price.
    (3) You will have to pay VAT on all cars under 6 mths old or less than 6,000kms even if they are from within the EU.

VRT

When you are looking at the price of different cars in the UK (Autotrader.co.uk is the best site) it might seem like the prices are great. This can be true for some cars but others this is not the case.

Obviously, you will firstly have to convert the price into EURO using the most up to date rate that your bank will Sell GBP (This can be quite different from the daily exchange rates that you might see in the papers).

Then you will have to calculate the VRT. This can vary in a number of ways:
    (1) The % of VRT is based on the engine size of the car. You can see the table using the above link.
    (2) It is not based on the price you bought the car for but the Open Market Selling Price or OMSP. This is a value decided by the Revenue. In my experience these can be way off. Sometimes they are way above the retail value and sometimes they are less than the Trade value. Depends on the car. I've noticed that they will value an Audi at about trade or less but BMW's are above what you would expect to pay on a forecourt.

Procedure for Buying:

(1) Get a shortlist of cars that you are interested in knock off about 5% of the listed price for a cash discount. Should get more off but leave that as a nice surprise.

(2) Call your local VRO office (listed in the contact page on Revenue.ie) and ask for a VRT quote. They should be able to give you the amount straight away unless it is a high-end luxury car (over say €60,000). They will then need the chassis number and they will get their VRO Department in Rosslare to do up a valuation - usually 1 day.

(3) You will now have the cost of the car.

(4) Factor in expenses, usually about €1,000.
    - Flights
    - Ferry
    - RAC/AA inspection (has to be done!!!)
    - HPI Check

(5) Contact the Dealer (never buy privately) you want to buy from and give them as many questions as you can think of. Tell them that you will be getting an inspection done so they may as well tell you everything now. If you are not 100% happy with all answers, walk away!!!!! Every Tom, Dick and Harry has a 'car dealership' in the UK, loads of guys operating out of their back gardens, so be wary. Don't bother getting a warranty from the dealer if the car is still covered by the manufacturer's warranty, in fact you should be able to get money off if you tell them you don't want it.
    **EU law states that a manufacturer must stand over their warranty in every EU country regardless of which country the car was originally purchased so if something goes wrong you can go to your local dealership and you will be covered by the warranty. This does not cover Dealership warranties, only Manufacturer!!

(6) Once happy, you will have to pay a deposit, (by Credit Card) don't worry, once it’s by credit card you are covered from fraud. Make sure it is subject to the inspection not showing up anything that will change the overall value of the car from his decryption.

(7) Get inspection done. Make sure you get the expensive one. An engineer will call you to discuss the car and these guys do a great job. One time he even told me that there was a tiny dent the size of a 10P coin in one of the speakers in the back door. When I got the car it took me ages to find it. They do a really good job.

(8) Agree a date to travel over and get the Dealer to collect you from the closest Airport.

(9) Get a bank draft for the remaining GBP balance to pay the dealer.

(10) Call you insurance company and ask them to transfer your policy to the new car. They will only issue a temporary cover for a non-Irish reg that lasts for 1 month.

(11) You should have no trouble of making the journey in one day if you leave early in the morning you will be back in Dublin that night.

(12) Get a bank draft for the amount you were quoted when you got the VRT quote. Knock off about 10% from the draft and bring cash as some time will have passed and the amount they want will have gone down.

(13)With in 24hrs of arriving in Ireland you are required to present the car at the VRO. You will have to fill out a few forms and then they will have a look to see if you have honestly described the car. Don't worry about telling them about every extra, they don't seem to care as long as the Make, Model and Year as are you said. (So make sure that it’s fully loaded).

(14) They will then give you a document that will have your new Irish Reg on it. Go and get some plates done up and put them on the car.

(15) Get your insurance changed to the new reg.

(16) A few days later you will receive the Vehicle Registration Cert. This is not the same as the one that you usually have as it in only the initial cert. and is used to Tax a car for the first time only.

(17) Go to the Tax office and tax that puppy!

(18) In a few days you will have you proper Vehicle Registration Document.

In general, even with VRT, most cars are cheaper from the UK. Obviously, there more expensive the car the more you will save. Anything under €15,000 - €20,000 may not be worth your while but there are some exceptions out there!!

Anyways, hope this helps everyone. I've been doing it for a while and its had its ups and downs, so always use your commen sense and don't let the really cheap ones get the better of you.

Any questions, let me know

Good Luck!!!

:):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

Robertr,

I am considering getting something from the UK, not expensive at all, just not very common in Ireland.

Some questions: What is HPI? I see some dealers have this. Do I have to get AA/RAC checked? Can it be done in Ireland?

Also then again - private versus trade. Why not buy private unless related to the above.

What happens with MOT and Tax here? On an older car, when does it need NCT then here? Basically just after arriving or how does it get worked out - assuming its 1995 or thereabouts.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

(Not stealing your job RobertR just posting what I know here :D very open to correction!)
    Chaz wrote:
    I am considering getting something from the UK, not expensive at all, just not very common in Ireland.

Exactly what I'm doing. Saving a few grand I'll admit but it's spec and the exact car I want thats driving the decision over the savings.
    Chaz wrote:
    Some questions: What is HPI? I see some dealers have this. Do I have to get AA/RAC checked? Can it be done in Ireland?

HPI is basically hire purchase, make sure that there is no finance outstanding against the car before you buy it. I suppose you don't have to get an AA/RAC check but i reckons it's a good idea for peace of mind. You can book and pay for the check over the phone and they'll both call you afterwards to discuss it and post a full report (haven't done it yet but that's what it says on the RAC website).
    Chaz wrote:
    Also then again - private versus trade. Why not buy private unless related to the above.

I must confess I'm currently looking at ebay for my purchase in fact. I figure at least you've got some idea of the history of the dealer plus with an RAC check I reckon it'd be ok.
    Chaz wrote:
    What happens with MOT and Tax here? On an older car, when does it need NCT then here? Basically just after arriving or how does it get worked out - assuming its 1995 or thereabouts.

I read somewhere here the car will receive it's NCT notification for it's 4th,6th,8th etc. Birthday? (from first registration).

One thing I'm not sure of though. What exactly do you get by way of documented paperwork in the UK to prove ownership? Is it like here something has to be signed by both parties and posted off? And what exactly do you need to bring to the VRO office then to register the car here? (it's Santry for North Dublin right?).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

Thanks for the info. I am not sure either ....
    Trying to see whats worth going for an how diffcult / expensive it is to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭brophy

Well i am to considering buying a car off of ebay, i am also looking at the saving to be made but also i find the cars you would get in from the uk are a good bit higher in the specs. (leather seats, electric seats, climate control, cruise control)

Anyway been on ebay and when you find the car you want and click on it you go into the advert for it. There is then the " Description " section and on some cars you will see VRM ie the VIN number you can click on this if it is blue, a window will then pop up and it is Vehicle Status Report from ebay where they go on to tell you bout it
    "For peace of mind before you bid on a used car, buy a Vehicle Status Report today. Powered by HPI®, the UK's most trusted independent information source for the motor industry.

- Check if this vehicle:
    - Is reported as stolen
    - Is an insurance write-off
    - Has any outstanding loans on it
    - Has any mileage inconsistencies recorded on NMR 1

Added protection for eBay Motors users! All Vehicle Status Reports come with a guarantee 2, protecting you for up to for any financial losses arising from inaccurate or incomplete information provided in a Vehicle Status Report.

Exclusive pricing for eBay Motors users at per report or for a 3-reports package."

So it all sounds good and even sounds better when you see the price they offer all this for £6.99 for 1 vechicle check, £13.99 for three seperate vechicle reports.

Just me two pence worth hope it helps....

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭dealgan

on the VRT end .. I recently bought a car from a private seller in the UK.

The V5 (logbook) is filled in with your details as the new owner, and returned to the DVLA in swansea. They then regsiter the car as being exported, and post you back the V5, with a DVLA stamp on saying "exported".

This V5 is what you need to bring ot the vrt office, as proof of ownership.

It took 4 weeks for this form to be sent back to me.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

dealgan wrote:
    This V5 is what you need to bring ot the vrt office, as proof of ownership.

It took 4 weeks for this form to be sent back to me.

Thanks for that Dealgan it's exactly what I was wondering. Surely that means you're driving around on UK plates for the 4 weeks or so then?

Is that alright given " If you bring a vehicle into Ireland from abroad you must register it and pay VRT by the end of the next working day following its arrival in the State. "(from the revenue website).

How did it work out from an insurance and tax point of view also?

(Cheers Dealgan I'm planning on doing the same thing in a few weeks so appreciate the info).

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭dealgan

Yes, you are on UK reg for 4 or 5 weeks.
    This seems to be the norm, as I rang the DVLA in Swansea to check it had been done correctly, and they confirmed it is minimum 4 weeks before they will post out the cert to you.

I'm insured with AXA, and they issued a temp cert & disc for 2 weeks, then I rang them and explained it would be 4 weeks, so they issued another cert & disc for a longer period... it expired on the actual day I went to the vrt office.

I haven't taxed it yet, as I am still waiting for the new insurance cert with teh new reg.

Not a big deal, as my tax is only 50 euro, for a classic :))

btw, vrt office will keep the V5 form, (and give you a photocopy of it), so if you need it scanned for your history file, do that before you register it.

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭TheLedge

Guys,

was going to start a new thread, but said I'd give the experts a shot first.

here's my story (slightly different from most on here).

I live in Manchester & have been contracting here for 12 months. bought a 2001 VW Golf 6 months ago that has been taxed, registered & insured in my name with UK address. I want to bring this motor home and get it re-registered in Ireland, avoiding VRT, so that I can sell it on in 12 months back home.

I will be returning to the UK with the car once it has the Irish registration.

I have accounts & payslips to prove my address etc. If I came to Dublin on a Friday to the VRO would I have everything I need to get this done in one day? Obviously they have to inspect the car etc, but is there any flaw with my plan? Am I missing something?

the last thing I want is to arrive in Dublin with the car and figure out that I can't register the car without paying VRT.

Thanks for any replies. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Ann Elk

A Bit of VRT History

Before the days of VRT the Government got its money from Import taxes. Then the EU passed a Directive that said that countries could not add import tax to cars. This was meant to bring the price of cars around Europe in line and to give us that 'Free Market' for the purchase of goods.

Of course, this was not acceptable so we devised VRT. Since this is not a tax on the import they got around the new regulations. VRT (Vehicle Registration Tax) is a tax that allows someone to drive their car on the Irish roads.

This brings the Government a huge amount of money every year so don't even entertain the possibility of it going anywhere. If they do get rid of it, it will just be replaced by something else.:([/QUOTE]

The funny thing about the situation is that VRT seems to be completely and utterly illegal!
    One of the first things that the EEC did under the treaty of Rome was to seek to establish 4 fundamental freedoms - one of which was the free movement of goods. To do this it abolished customs duties (now under Article 23) but Governments tried to get around this by coming up with schemes and calling them different things (such as inspection fees, registration taxes etc) and so the EU introduced the abolition of "charges having equivalent effect".

Without being overly anal about it (sorry if i have been already, but this is something that could really be challenged) in a case brought agains Italy for imposing charges for vetinary inspections on animal hides, the European court of Justice stated that "any pecuniary measure no matter how small.........unilaterally imposed on goods by reson of the fact that it crosses a frontier is a charge having equivalent effect" and is prohibited by the treaty.

In a nutshell I can't believe that no-one has challenged it! All i can think is that the Government will fight a challenge hard because they make so much revenue. Because we're such a small market no-one else is particularly willing to rock the boat - but enough letters to your European Parliament representative may bring this matter to the attention of the Commission - i think that they're the only ones who can bring a challenge against the state.

Down with VRT!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

seems like something Eddie Hobbs should be taking on next week...

dealgan wrote:
    This seems to be the norm, as I rang the DVLA in Swansea to check it had been done correctly, and they confirmed it is minimum 4 weeks before they will post out the cert to you.

I'm insured with AXA, and they issued a temp cert & disc for 2 weeks, then I rang them and explained it would be 4 weeks, so they issued another cert & disc for a longer period... it expired on the actual day I went to the vrt office.

Cheers for that.

With a bit of luck (i.e. money!) I'll be heading over in a few weeks so will post up my experiences as a sort of mini blog for others. Wierd how they stipulate you must head down to the VRO office the next working day after you arrive in the country yet there's no way you'll have the docs to show them at that point anyway :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Ronanom

Got a quick question...

What's the best way to get away without paying the VRT for a few months (till the price comes down)?
    Would it be possible to put the car is my sisters name who lives in UK and tell the customs that it's her car but that i'm insured to drive it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

Are you asked for you driving license on the ferry or are you just asked for a passport when taking the car home?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭danyosan

TheLedge wrote:
    Guys,

was going to start a new thread, but said I'd give the experts a shot first.

here's my story (slightly different from most on here).

I live in Manchester & have been contracting here for 12 months. bought a 2001 VW Golf 6 months ago that has been taxed, registered & insured in my name with UK address. I want to bring this motor home and get it re-registered in Ireland, avoiding VRT, so that I can sell it on in 12 months back home.

I will be returning to the UK with the car once it has the Irish registration.

I have accounts & payslips to prove my address etc. If I came to Dublin on a Friday to the VRO would I have everything I need to get this done in one day? Obviously they have to inspect the car etc, but is there any flaw with my plan? Am I missing something?

the last thing I want is to arrive in Dublin with the car and figure out that I can't register the car without paying VRT.

Thanks for any replies. :)
    Shouldnt be a problem and you wouldnt have to do it within 24hrs either. I had a UK reg'd car over here for nearly 7 months with no hassle. During that time I spoke to the Gardai and was told that I could drive it in Ireland for 6 months befoer registering it here and any time after that they would get 100euro bounty for nabbing me. As i was saying, I'm a UK citizen who moved here last June and I brought the car with me. I waited 6 months (stayed on UK tax and insurance for as long as i could!) In January I took it along to the VRT along with the piles of proof that they need (proof of living and working in UK, proof of Irish bank account and PRSI number etc) Also had to show ferry tickets for when I brought the car over, Now remeber these proved that I brought the car over 7 months previous. There was not a bother, didnt have to pay any VRT as long as I dont sell it this year. Hope this helps

Are you asked for you driving license on the ferry or are you just asked for a passport when taking the car home?
    you arent asked for anything, just your ferry tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 MrC

Good to see Boards has no problem publishing accounts of how to dodge mandatory compliance with the taxation legislation of the State. Heaven forbid one might refer to these people as tax-dodging ing bags, as that might result in a ban.

BTW, it's same day registration for importation, no matter what the uniformed crooks say.

:rolleyes: Thanks for that contribution... (btw for what it's worth boards isn't 'publishing' anything, these are simply the views and opinions of independent members).

Someone who's lived in the UK and is moving over here can drive their UK reg car for upto 6 months while they decide whether or not to import it or bring it back to the UK, this is from the horses mouth (VRO in Santry) while I was there with my mate a few months ago to enquire about staying here perm and giving the car an Irish plate.

Otherwise it's 24 hours (not same day) to present the car at the VRO and pay the vrt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭jayok

dealgan wrote:

...vrt office will keep the V5 form, (and give you a photocopy of it), so if you need it scanned for your history file, do that before you register it.

Ok, I'm off to the UK on Wednesday to pick up my new car. But I'm a little bit confused here. Robertr said you do nothing with the logbook, but dealgan says you wait 4 weeks for the logbook. So when I arrive back in Ireland and want to turn up at the VRO 24 hours later, what then? Do I not turn up for 4 weeks or leave it on blocks?

<Edit>

I found this on the Revenue's site

http://www.revenue.ie/services/vrt/usedcar.htm

Suggests that I need either a certificate of export or the vehicle registration document (I assume this is the DVLA document?)

Now what?

MrC wrote:
    Good to see Boards has no problem publishing accounts of how to dodge mandatory compliance with the taxation legislation of the State. Heaven forbid one might refer to these people as tax-dodging ing bags, as that might result in a ban.

BTW, it's same day registration for importation, no matter what the uniformed crooks say.

Who the hell do you think you are? tax dodging bags?? Where in the above account do you see any intention of tax dodging? I took along all proof and the VRT decided if I had to pay any, I'd like to see where I did any dodging. Tit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 valkeire

Hi,
    I may be repeating previous comments, but here is a reply I posted on another forum, It may be of some help.

Just a few points from my experience on bringing cars and bikes from the UK

You may find that the V5 cert is now replaced by the newer V5C version. One difference is that when the vehicle is exported from the UK, a “Certificate of Permanent Export” is no longer issued.

With the new form, section 4 (V5C/4 purple section) is completed and the V5C is sent back to the DVLA.

A few weeks later, you will get a standard letter from the DVLA stating that they are unable to update their records for the new keeper’s details because the vehicle has been exported from the UK and enclosing the front section of the original V5C.

You bring this to the VRT office here to pay the VRT and re-register the vehicle in the ROI.

While waiting for the form to arrive from the DVLA (could be a few weeks), to avoid the vehicle being seized, go to the VRT office and give them details of the vehicle, tell them you are waiting for the documentation from the DVLA and they will issue you with a “VT4” form, which is usually valid for a month. Carry it with you when driving the vehicle.

Some traders in the UK will give you the Registration docs, and this speeds up the process, but private sellers are reluctant to hand them over and will insist on going by the book.

Don’t forget that if you pay the VRT towards the end of the month, you have to tax it back to the start of that month. ;)

On the VRT, it is worthwhile to carry out you own check on the website and bring a printout of the VRT amount.

Accessories are often taken into account, on some cars they will look for the homologation doc/card, or look on the vehicle for a sticker which shows a list of numbers which indicates which extras are on the vehicle. The VRT people take the cost of the extras and add a percentage of the original cost of each extra to the VRT amount.

I think you will also find that crash damage etc will make very little difference to the VRT assessment. Any unusual, classic, kit cars or exotic cars are not on the web site.
    Details are sent down to Rosslare and someone who specialises in these vehicles will give a value band (Irish OMSP?) , e.g. say €12k to €18k.

Then the person who inspects the vehicle will give a judgement of the condition and give a VRT amount from between these two values. I think there are 3 general classes, poor, good and pristine. Poor class is a real pile of scrap and not usually used. Most will be good or pristine or somewhere in between.

Hope this will be of some use, but this is off the top of my head, so get things verified for yourself. :D

Regards,

danyosan wrote:
    Who the hell do you think you are? tax dodging bags?? Where in the above account do you see any intention of tax dodging? I took along all proof and the VRT decided if I had to pay any, I'd like to see where I did any dodging. Tit!
    1. What is Vehicle Registration Tax (VRT)?

Vehicle Registration Tax is chargeable on registration of a motor vehicle in the State. All motor vehicles in the State, other than those brought in temporarily by visitors, must be registered with the Revenue Commissioners. A vehicle must be registered before it can be licensed for road tax purposes.

2. When must I Register?

If you bring a vehicle into Ireland from abroad you must register it and pay VRT by the end of the next working day following its arrival in the State.

Which is the difficult bit to comprehend?

• Advertisement

danyosan wrote:
    Who said I was referring to you?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement