Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer2015

• 26-12-2014 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

anybody want to hazard a guess?

Looking for good weather in August for a wedding and was hoping El Niño or La Niña wouldn't get in the way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭J6P

Fantasy island looks promising so I'm hoping that continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

I predict hailstones as big as golf balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Keep your Mexican relatives under control and they wont get in the way of the wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I'll tell you a story.

My wifes sister was booking her wedding in the middle of this year, for 2015. Her and her bloke were trying to balance up cost versus possible weather outcomes.

In the end they said theyd pay the extra and book a July saturday, at about a 40% premium over spring and autumn. They arranged to travel to the venue to hand over a few grand of a deposit. On the day they visited, a wedding was due to take place so they travelled early to Kildare to sneak a peak at the room all set up before the wedding party arrived. Unfortunately, when they got there it was lashing rain and about 11C, and the staff had lit fires in the big old reception rooms, afraid the guests would be frozen and damp in their light summer outfits and only fruit punch to warm them.

That day was the saturday of the August bank holiday this year. On the spot my sis-in-law changed her mind, thinking the poor bride due that day would have paid a premium for nothing, so they booked Halloween instead...

The point being, you can never rely on irish weather for an event, it is possible to get virtually any weather on any given day, except perhaps snow in July and August, and thats even when the rest of a season is remarkable in some extreme for some global reason.

No one can give a useful answer to the question youve asked, in truth you will only get a fair idea about 3 days beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭Storm 10

I give up on this forum it's gone beyond farcical now, we can't even get the weather right for the weekend and he wants to know what it's going to be like in eight months time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Waaaay to soon OP - come back in mid/late Spring

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement