Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gales Tonight and Early Morning (Wind gusts today from 90-120km/hr)

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Lucky escape!

Got a 62mph gust here this morning after 6.30am, a new station record for here.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

Harps wrote: »
    I see Monday nights thread is closed but just landed back in Letterkenny today to survey the storm damage, the back garden didn't fare too well with two trees down, the fence flattened and the whole area flooded. Got extremely lucky though with this 30 foot monster of a tree just about missing the house :eek:

Not a nice welcome home, least your house is not damaged!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Program about sea storms on RTE 1 now,could be interesting and links nicely to the weather we have been getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

I was wondering if there was a final list of wind gusts for the wee competition we had. Just want to check out my guesstimations. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

I think this is them. They look like revised numbers! ... ANyone wanna confirm?

Bellmullet 72kts
    Cork airport 53kts
    Dublin airport 58kts
    Malin head 90kts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Those are correct and when I had a quick look through the thread, Enderman had the smallest total error. There were quite a few with similar totals in the range of secondish. Belmullet screwed my entry, I think I was closest on Malin Head. Most were a bit high on Cork, some were quite good on two or three out of four. Overall our consensus forecasts were fairly good too (Malin not so much).

Advertisement