Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Patrick's Day

• 14-12-2010 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi everybody!

I'm from Switzerland and I'm doing a project for school about the differences between the national holiday of Ireland and Switzerland. It would be great if some of you could answer me a few questions about St. Patrick's Day:

1. Which holidays are the most important for the irish people and why?

2. How do the irish people usually celebrate St. Patrick's Day? Are there any parades?

3. Does the colour green on St. Patrick's Day have a special meaning?

4. Wat kind of a meaning do the leprachauns and shamrocks have?

5. What do you know about the historical backgrounds of St. Patrick's Day?

6. Do the children learn a lot at school about Irish history and St. Patrick's Day?

7. Does St. Patrick's Day have more a social or a political meaning nowadays?

8. Do the youg and older people celebrate the same way or are there differences?

9. St. Patrick's Day has a religious background. Is it noticable?

10. Are there any differences between celebrating on countryside or in the city?

11. How does one celebrate St. Patrick's Day in Northern Ireland?

12. Do you think that the national holiday in other countries have the same meaning like St. Patrick's Day?

13. Which meaning does irish musig generally have for the Irish people and on St. Patrick's Day?

14. What does your own country mean to you?

Thanks a lot :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Thanks but no thanks, we don't allow homework threads on this forum, especially from new sign ups.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement