Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vitamin D 30 26th April?

Options
  • 20-04-2019 8:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭

not strictly a weather issue but as i like to do what i can to keep my vit D levels up, i downloaded an app to remind me/tell me when. Basically is saying 26th April is the first day where it will be possible to get VitD from 30min exposure. Says the sun needs to be above 50 degrees. it must be broadly correct but is it that black and white?
    on the assumption there is a bit of wiggle room i will certainly be out today :pac:

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Far as I know the 30 minutes is with acres of flesh showing so shorts and t-shirt at a maximum. Face and hands only and its hours or days to hit the 10000IU+ goal.

Just buy Vitamin D+K2 MCT Oil dropper bottle. 1000IU per drop. 5000IU per day to get your levels up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Blaizes

Never knew such an app existed going to look myself. Read somewhere onlne that it’s enough to have face and arms exposed but maybe that’s wrong. Does make more sense that the more of the body that is exposed the more vitamin d we get/ make. Tomorrow set to be very good as well going by forecast. Definitely don’t get enough sunlight in Ireland so these days are glorious and so important for boosting our vit D levels. Good post as not sure people are aware

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

I am a moley grey eyed man. I'll skip the vitamin d synthesis as I don't want to increase my risk of skin cancer.

Advertisement