Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Current Weather Conditions - May 2020

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Current weather in Dublin: sexy. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭highdef

Humidity down into the 20's, per cent wise, in parts......very unusual in this country. GREAT drying!!!!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

High of 24.2c today in Dublin 16. 15.2c atm. High level cloud moving in from the west.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

DOCARCH wrote: »
    High of 24.2c today in Dublin 16. 15.2c atm. High level cloud moving in from the west.

10 degrees colder in south Wicklow
    Quite the difference

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Quite the difference

The Irish Sea!

Cloudy and fresher this morning in Dublin 16. 11.3c atm. No rain recorded overnight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Wow thats a big difference to here a few miles away (closer to the sea) Doc, max of 20C here once the sea breeze died off in the evening at 16:30, was around 17C most of the day and felt quite fresh!

Currently 14.3 in fair weather here with westerly winds.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,898 ✭✭✭circadian

The Irish Sea!

Cloudy and fresher this morning in Dublin 16. 11.3c atm. No rain recorded overnight.

Very fresh here too, a bit of rain overnight with a sandy residue left over. I washed the car yesterday! Dublin 9.

Supercell wrote: »
    Wow thats a big difference to here a few miles away (closer to the sea) Doc, max of 20C here once the sea breeze died off in the evening at 16:30, was around 17C most of the day and felt quite fresh!

Predominantly SW breeze here yesterday/no sea breeze. Phoenix Park managed 23.6c yesterday.

Clear skies and sunshine now in Dublin 16. 12.7c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Fine bright, partly cloudy morning in Limk City 12.5c presently, 1020.2 hPa.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Munsterman12

Any news on storm barry arriving tonight?

• Advertisement

The Irish Sea!

Its actually warmer here this morning AFTER the cold front has passed than it was yesterday
    Currently 15.3c

We are used to our micro climate

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Partly Cloudy, Temp 16.2c, No breeze for a change

https://www.waterfordcityweather.com

Sun pretty much gone now/becoming overcast in Dublin 16. 16.1c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

Heavy rain now in west Kerry. Wind has noticably picked up - some strong gusts but nothing too severe yet.

12.4mm from last nights rain here in Arklow
    That's double what models suggested a few days ago and 2mm more than yesterdays suggestion
    Wind gusting 60kmh sw atm
    12.4c
    Sunny atm

Cool cloudy and windy morning in Limk City. 13.1c, 1001.6 hPa. 0.6mm rainfall since mn.

Sunny and windy morning in Dublin 16. 13.2c atm. 4.0mm overnight.

Three weeks into May.

Stats so far for Dublin 16:

Mean Max: 16.8c
    Mean Min: 7.0c
    Mean: 11.9c

Rain: 5.6mm

Average Air Pressure (at 0900): 1019mb

• Registered Users Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Extremely stormy in Galway now, roads littered with bits of trees one branch hit my windscreen thankfully it was full of leaves so softer impact but a right fright.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Small bits of branches on the roads around Tralee this morning, saw 2 young trees blown over, while since I felt the car swaying so much in the gusts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I walked the Prom in Galway about an hour ago and I'm struggling to remember the last time it was that windy. The wind was much stronger than any of the named storms this year, it nearly knocked me over a few times.

The Council erected about 2klms of steel fencing to stop people parking on the Prom as part of the Covid restriction, that's almost all blown over and there were lots of bollards blown into the middle of the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Wind is strong here in the north east.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Very strong winds here. Put away all loose garden paraphernalia last night.
    After a night of a good dash of rain we have no running water in our area. The irony.
    Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    I walked the Prom in Galway about an hour ago and I'm struggling to remember the last time it was that windy. The wind was much stronger than any of the named storms this year, it nearly knocked me over a few times.

The Council erected about 2klms of steel fencing to stop people parking on the Prom as part of the Covid restriction, that's almost all blown over and there were lots of bollards blown into the middle of the road.

Did you go diving off the board? It's compulsory you know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Very stormy in Galway City.
    Feels almost like an Orange level, at least in my exposed position overlooking the bay in Renmore.
    It would tend to be a little worse here though.
    Quite unseasonal with the leafy trees taking a bit of a pounding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

dloob wrote: »
    Very stormy in Galway City.
    Feels almost like an Orange level, at least in my exposed position overlooking the bay in Renmore.
    It would tend to be a little worse here though.
    Quite unseasonal with the leafy trees taking a bit of a pounding.

Gusts here outside Newport, Mayo touching orange alert at least.

corsav6 wrote: »
    Gusts here outside Newport, Mayo touching orange alert at least.

Met Eireann did mention yesterday orange alert conditions for coastal parts of the west/north west. I assume that's why they have an orange marine alert.

The past hour or two has been much windier here in Limk City than I had expected. I'd say it was just as windy as it was during some of our named storms. No damage that I know of but the nearby trees have had a good lashing.

Glad I brought in my bedding plant trays last night. Lots of small debris blowing around the garden since around 9.30 this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

I'm in North Louth. Now, we are on a hill, though not particularly exposed, but the wind is a good bit stronger than anything I remember over the last few storms. Keep having to check that everything is still secured every half hour or so. It's really whipping through the house too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Advertisement