Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ZV or 72D

• 23-07-2015 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've seen all the threads and I get the preference people have not to be showing 72DXXXXXXXX, and ZV looks more historic in comparison.

However, before I decide, I was just wondering is there any way of finding out how far up the numbers have got to at present, under both ZV or 72D.

Thanks

P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

They'll tell you when you go to register.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭Silvera

Depends which county you live in/register the car in...e.g. Dublin ZV plates are in the ZV
    10800 range or 72 D 120000 range

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Paschcom

I was in the NCT centre last night to register the car, but they couldn't due to not having cars 'stack code' or some such on their system. (they've since texted me to say its €200 VRT - surprise surprise!)

I asked them there what the reg numbers were up to and they couldn't tell me. They told me to contact the Revenue Commissioners, but just an answering machine at the number they've given me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Paschcom wrote: »
    I was in the NCT centre last night to register the car, but they couldn't due to not having cars 'stack code' or some such on their system. (they've since texted me to say its €200 VRT - surprise surprise!).
    €200 is the minimum VRT... used to be 50 quid.

Have a look at this thread re finding out where the ZV registrations are at. I asked the same question.

Use this site to check:
    https://www.motortax.ie/PSE/pseVehicleSearchReceiving.do

As of right now, ZV10754 is the last number used. ZV10755 says "Vehicle Registration Number not found".

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

"statistical code" you probably misheard "stat code"

If it's something unusual then there won't be statistical code for it and will have to contact the CVO for one. The CVO then usually comes back with a "dump code" which is a statistical code which covers a few oddball vehicles.

So go on, what is it? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

ZV1890333425...........:P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Dades wrote: »

As of right now, ZV10754 is the last number used. ZV10755 says "Vehicle Registration Number not found".

Yep, this is the car I recently did a VRT35 rereg on from a 77D120000000000ZZzzz number. The ZV is so much better looking by comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Yep, this is the car I recently did a VRT35 rereg on from a 77D120000000000ZZzzz number. The ZV is so much better looking by comparison.

They should start again with..e.g. 72-ZV-000....

They should start again with..e.g. 72-ZV-000....

They should put together a better vintage reg system...
    Even a 'reverse' ZV system would be better

.....100 ZV, 101 ZV, 102 ZV etc etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Paschcom

Thanks Guys
    I agree current system not great, but it will hardly be changed before tomorrow so I guess I'll be stuck with ZV10755.

Don't know how they couldn't find the Stat reference, as its a VW Type 2 and there's loads of them about!

Happy motoring..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

ZV or 72D?

Why not both?

/thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

Dades wrote: »
    €200 is the minimum VRT... used to be 50 quid.

Have a look at this thread re finding out where the ZV registrations are at. I asked the same question.

Use this site to check:
    https://www.motortax.ie/PSE/pseVehicleSearchReceiving.do

That may not be the case
    There are probably other cars that have gone through the system but have yet to appear on the website so zv10755 may be assigned to a car already
    They don't update the registrations daily

If they don't update daily, how can I tax a car online the day following registration?

macplaxton wrote: »
    If they don't update daily, how can I tax a car online the day following registration?

I decided to opt for zv plates on a car and kept up to date each day on the numbers that were allocated and was hoping to get a particular even number
    On the morning of registering the car I expected to get the next number in line which was "available " and the number I desired only to find out that the number allocated to me was 4 numbers beyond the one I thought I was going to get .

Well all in one case (where the details appeared wrong) I've taxed the day after registration.

The only conclusion I can draw from what you say is that someone was in before you (either in person or "in the know") and registered four vehicles in a one-r.

Or you had four other competitors for the plate who all got in early, but only one got lucky.

If it was less than three months ago, check the four previous issues to the one you got, if there hasn't been a change of owner, the "notified on" will be the registration date.

The number I "waited"for was assigned to a 78 Zetor tractor .
    Don't go by the website of you are chasing a particular number .

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Fair warning. Not sure what else to go on though, unless you can bend the will of someone in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Paschcom wrote: »
    Thanks Guys
    I agree current system not great, but it will hardly be changed before tomorrow so I guess I'll be stuck with ZV10755.

Don't know how they couldn't find the Stat reference, as its a VW Type 2 and there's loads of them about!

Happy motoring..

Nice one. Any pics of said bus? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

A standard reg no for some early year will get a much lower number thanks to stupid recent changes to ZV. What good is a six figure ZV?

Would like to see a recycling of old reg where the car associated with it is either scrapped or not used anymore
    The logbooks would be bought by the dept of transport for 100 euro regardless of model of car and sold to the public for 350
    Seller of logbook signs a sworn affidavit that the logbooks have no car connected to them
    Some people have 10 dead log books that can only ever be used illegally and makes the recipient car a swimmer .
    The motor tax office changes the colour if the purchaser requires but not cc.
    The car then needs to be verified that car is same as number are requested ie cc model spec by a garage for a fee before new logbook issued

But I guess that's too progressive

• Advertisement

A standard reg no for some early year will get a much lower number thanks to stupid recent changes to ZV. What good is a six figure ZV?

???
    Dublin = e.g. 79-D-120000+
    Kildare = e.g. 79-KE-16000+
    Wicklow = e.g. 79-WW-11000+

ZV's are now 7 digits - e.g. (Dublin) ZV 10700+

Advertisement