Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

My new ride

• 12-07-2015 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭

Back in Classic Car ownership after a while with just my '87 Transit camper, I bought this the other day and am in course of tidying it up. I've had the back to black and Autoglym out since this photo

rshp4w.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭mikehn

Nice one, looks like it needs a little it of tlc but that the way to get them. Its great to be able to bring one up to the next level. Best of luck with it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

37500 miles and solid.... bit of tinkering and it'll be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

VRT35 needed there for sure.

what do they do about the tax disc if you change the number?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Sweet. Looks well in red. the irl plate doesn't look too bad on it although generally not a fan of them on pre 90 motors.

• Advertisement

I might well change the plates anyway as they are pretty awful. Plain white would be my preference Not sure it's worth jumping through hoops to change the number to a ZV (which I don't like anyway) and changing the logbook and the insurance etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

ZVs look ridiculous on a Capri.

The 79 plate looks much nicer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

Smart car, a four cylinder will have plenty of go. Maybe get a black plate. The ZV won't add much. It's not a Morris Oxford or some other Ye Olde British Car.

it's only a local runaround. Perfectly adequate and half the price of a faster model....37500 on the clock too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

Nice car. Looks good & straight.

I've had several of these over the years. Is she 1.6 or 2 litre?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

Cool. You should get 30+mpg out of it.

Had 1.6 & 2.0 myself. Fine cars, very reliable,stylish, practical (for a coupe),DIY friendly & generally cheap to run.

If I had the funds, I'd buy another in a heartbeat. 2.8i would be the bomb!:cool:

Well wear!

o6ip8z.jpg

out in he drizzle with the Camper, which is nearing the end of it's restoration

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭davidglanza

Car looks great Richard....
    Did you sell the st200

no she is still in my garage, part owned by my Son and I currently....

Advertisement