Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What classic cars?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Nice cars Kyote - that grey Cortina looks great - and id probably crash if I saw your Montreal on the road - looks like it has just left the showroom :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

Kyote that montreal is damn fine, hope I get to see it for real at a show.
    Heres a shot of 2 of my 3 ....my 79 chevy van and my 71 scimitar GTE SE5, I have an SE5a now too but no photos of it yet. Heres also a shot of the wheels that will be going on my van soon original western cyclones repainted and polished by arrow wheels of LA. You may recognze them from the A team van and the General Lee :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Is that chevy van the same as the one used by Raymond Burr in the TV series Iornside? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭mr potato head

1973 Hillman imp. these are older photos by previous owner don't have any current ones hopefull i'll get round to doing the odd jobs it needs to tidy it up after my college exams, just engine service, back window seal, minilights and carpet.
    It's a fun car to drive...
    Its only and 875cc, would like to put a 998cc in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

How much water does the engine let through? ;) and how many head gaskets has it blown!?

Dunno if you have seen this site but its totally IMP-tastic

Mike.

ps do you know about Rosemany Smith and her Imp darring-do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭mr potato head

Bought it in Hull in the UK during the summer had a full years MOT. Drove it the 200+ miles to holyhead... Motors along at 60 not a bother temp gauge stayed nice n steady! (a 23 year old in a hoody gets funny looks driving an imp!)

it's in storage till the summer so i can re-reg it and can sort out my insurance.

Was over at the imp club weekend during the summer before i bought it, some really nice cars there. My father knows Rosemany Smith through rallying. he drove imps for years.

Had an old imp that i learned to drive in when i was young... the body was beyond repair, the engine never gave any trouble even at 13 or 14 i could take it out to service. the advantage of alloy blocks!

Advertisement