Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Mint Office

• 05-06-2020 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

All,

Beware of Greeks bearing gifts

Looks like a free Medal being issued until you visit the website where they try to scan you into buying a gold one!!!

Thanks to older posts on boards.ie These are Scam artists.

FYI

#Dublinmint #Dublinmintoffice #Dublin mint office

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭bilbot79

'Dublin Mint Office' sounds so official though

• Registered Users Posts: 15,630 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

bilbot79 wrote: »
    'Dublin Mint Office' sounds so official though

Well known scam artists with deliberately misleading name, based in UK I believe.

Advertising all over the place, even a well known radio show gave them an advertising slot under the guise of a valuable coins piece. They've been called out by the advertising watchdog already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Well known scam artists with deliberately misleading name, based in UK I believe.

Advertising all over the place, even a well known radio show gave them an advertising slot under the guise of a valuable coins piece. They've been called out by the advertising watchdog already.

Joe Duffy was on about it today, apparently sent an OAP a demand for payment of €47,000. As expected they are "experiencing a high volume of calls" and offering a callback after which phone goes dead.

Anybody know whats the story if you sent off for the first in the series of Jim Ftzpatrick medals, do they invoice you for it unless you send it back. I see from their flyer that they will send one a month (to complete the set of six). after that and then invoice you.

PS, I have since heard that having sent the first one, the next four are 30 odd euro but,,,,,,,,,,,,the sixth one to complete the set is>>>>
    €450 !!!!!

Joe Duffy was on about it today, apparently sent an OAP a demand for payment of €47,000. As expected they are "experiencing a high volume of calls" and offering a callback after which phone goes dead.

Anybody know whats the story if you sent off for the first in the series of Jim Ftzpatrick medals, do they invoice you for it unless you send it back. I see from their flyer that they will send one a month (to complete the set of six). after that and then invoice you.

PS, I have since heard that having sent the first one, the next four are 30 odd euro but,,,,,,,,,,,,the sixth one to complete the set is>>>>
    €450 !!!!!

These coins won't even be worth their asking price in a few years, let alone appreciating in value. Why are they not shut down? Absolute junk.
    I used like Fitzpatrick's kitsch Celtic pop art, looks like he's sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭LilacNails

I received some kind of Michael Collins coin collection thingy in the post from these. Never heard of them before nor did I order anything!

I see they provided a number, will ring it tomorrow.

Anyone else receive anything? It's Cleary a scam.

• Advertisement

If I were you I'd return to sender and cease any correspondence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭mossie

They have been known to say they haven't received any items returned to them so be sure to get tracking.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Never had any issues with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭Shelflife

47.—(1) Where—

(a) unsolicited goods are sent to a person with a view to his acquiring them and are received by him, and

(b) the recipient has neither agreed to acquire nor agreed to return them,

and either—

(i) during the period of six months following the date of receipt of the goods the sender did not take possession of them and the recipient did not unreasonably refuse to permit the sender to do so, or

(ii) not less than 30 days before the expiration of that period the recipient gave notice to the sender and during the following 30 days the sender did not take possession of the goods and the recipient did not unreasonably refuse to permit the sender to do so,

then the recipient may treat the goods as if they were an unconditional gift to him and any right of the sender to the goods shall be extinguished.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭mossie

I know an elderly couple, in their 90's, who ordered the Michael Collins coin. They then received more items and eventually received a bill for several thousand euro. They had returned the items - to a Portlaoise address I think - but Dublin Mint kept saying they had not received them back. Luckily they had used registered post and were able to get proof of delivery which was at some address in Wales (I think) but if they hadn't been able to prove delivery it could have been very nasty for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Girl Geraldine

I'd be tempted to order the free ones just to see would they chance their arm and send me more stuff..... and an invoice for a few grand.

I'd laugh at their invoices. They have not a hope in hell of collecting on such an invoice and they damn well know it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

Saw their insta advert. Supposedly 'free' coins then they're also selling a 1oz silver coin for €129

Current price of 1oz of silver is €19.38.

Looks like they try to suck people in with 'free' stuff then massively overcharge for everything else.

Scammers....?

Legalised scam merchants. They have a market, there's a sucker born every minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Mick Tator

Until the government gets off its ar$e and sends the long-awaited Bill (final stages passed, see below) to Micilin O to be signed into law, Dublin Mint and its ilk will be able to operate. Once the bill becomes law they and others with less than scrupulous managment will exit the country or risk prosecution. That's assuming (dangerous) of course that the new enforcement office will be properly staffed by people who are not cretins, like the previous pack who could remember nothing and who conveniently shredded documents.

https://data.oireachtas.ie/ie/oireachtas/bill/2021/107/eng/initiated/b10721d.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

They've surpassed themselves with their Padraig Pearse coin. Bit of a big head was our Paudie.

Bobble head Pearse.

Not the greatest likeness either, looks like a west of Ireland businessman nearing retirement age.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Jellybaby_1

That is a horrible likeness for Pearse. Almost as bad as the bust of him in St. Enda's Park which looks more like Bob Hope than Pearse!! Or am I the only person who thinks that? This is a front view of it:

https://joehumphreys.com/2021/02/25/should-admission-to-college-be-decided-by-lottery-not-points/

And a side view on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7wH9rzkwvs

Advertisement