Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

closed fishery can i still fish for trout

• 12-08-2020 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

new to fishing here and just wondering if a river is listed as a closed fishery is that just for salmon and sea trout or is that for brown trout too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭capnsparkles

I think it is closed to all fishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

You can still fish for brown trout using appropriate equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

One river in galway I fish in which are closed for salmon / sea trout doesn't allow any method where a one of those is likely to be caught accidentally ie no worms, lures etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

I've fished for brown trout in seatrout and salmon river's,and I was left alone by the fisheries officer.

Going down with a mepps or worm is only asking for trouble and drawing attention to yourself.

Go down with a trout flyrod and they'll leave you alone.

Advertisement