Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Virus on my router?

• 01-02-2021 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭

Could you there be a virus on my router?

and if so how would I be able to check.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭ishotjr2

in order for a virus to be on your router someone would need to inject code through an RCE/Buffer Overflow or rewrite the firmware (which is generally signed and encrypted by the vendor) or maybe load some config that does some code injection. In short it is unlikely.

Check if the firmware is the latest - if not upgrade it. If router is still not right factory reset and reconfigure.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

ishotjr2 wrote: »
    in order for a virus to be on your router someone would need to inject code through an RCE/Buffer Overflow or rewrite the firmware (which is generally signed and encrypted by the vendor) or maybe load some config that does some code injection. In short it is unlikely.

Check if the firmware is the latest - if not upgrade it. If router is still not right factory reset and reconfigure.

Or perhaps neighbors getting free Wi-Fi :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lucytaylor01

Virus in your router will effect on your internet speed, computer programs crash randomly, unnecessary pop up message. That means your router has infected with virus. You can use a dedicated router virus checker for solve this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Btrfs

Take a closer look at the keyword I've used... took me seconds for this list.

So basically, make sure you update your firmware on a regular basis.

Some of these vulns are not marked as "high risk" but that doesn't mean you should ignore the fact they are posted as potential threats.

I'd say the list for 2022 is long enough, especially those with privilege escalation.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭HazeDoll

Lads this thread is well over a year old..

• Advertisement
Advertisement