Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Real/Scam?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

When you get a mail like this, google the text in the mail to see if anyone else have already reported it
    https://www.google.com/search?q=If+this+was+you%2C+click+the+button+below+to+bypass+the+waiting+period+by+using+your+existing+security+info
    It seems the jury's still out on this.

Either way - don't be clicking links in unsolicited mails.

If you are worried then open a new tab and log into microsoft using your usual URL (not the links in the mail). Look around for messages from Microsoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Any security alerts I receive always state to ignore if it was me and if not to reset password and/or contact them. You are being asked to click on links for both scenarios which indicates a scam for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,403 ✭✭✭TheChizler

It's a genuine Microsoft link and seems to be the email here. Looks like someone might have your login details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Log into your Microsoft account the usual way. Change your password, enable 2-factor security, update your security questions if they're still a thing, view contact info like other email addresses and phone numbers you've registered and delete anything you don't recognise.

Your account is now secure!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 feyaye

seems it is legit and comes from microsoft

• Advertisement
Advertisement