Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Preloaded data SIM

• 17-05-2021 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭

Do these exist in Ireland or do I need to get a UK one and risk with it? I want an internet SIM for emergencies, we use 48.ie for both our phones and 2 Sims for house internet. Today 48 went down for an hour and my wife couldn't work, so wanted to get a 2 year card with 48gb data for emergencies.. But can't find anything like this in Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,241 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Do these exist in Ireland or do I need to get a UK one and risk with it? I want an internet SIM for emergencies, we use 48.ie for both our phones and 2 Sims for house internet. Today 48 went down for an hour and my wife couldn't work, so wanted to get a 2 year card with 48gb data for emergencies.. But can't find anything like this in Ireland

Just move the phones or the internet sims to a gomo or another operator who doesn’t use the three network

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

ted1 wrote: »
    Just move the phones or the internet sims to a gomo or another operator who doesn’t use the three network

Yeah it'll be an extra €8 a month though, as we pay €7.99 on each SIM. The network only went down twice in about six months so was just looking for a non subscription back up but looks like I'll need to get a UK one, based on what I can find

• Registered Users Posts: 23,241 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Yeah it'll be an extra €8 a month though, as we pay €7.99 on each SIM. The network only went down twice in about six months so was just looking for a non subscription back up but looks like I'll need to get a UK one, based on what I can find

You need to ensure the uk one doesn’t use the three network.

You need to ensure the uk one doesn’t use the three network.

Yeah I opted for a vodafone one, £36 for 24GB which lasts for 2 years, and the roaming covers Ireland and 50 other countries

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

The only choices then were
    Vodafone / An Post
    Eir / Gomo

Everyone else piggybacks off Three

• Advertisement

The only choices then were
    Vodafone / An Post
    Eir / Gomo

Everyone else piggybacks off Three

Thanks, I sent for a vodafone UK SIM as nothing in Ireland offered anything like "24gb that can be used over a period of 2 years" for £35 which was exactly what I needed, all the Irish ones require a monthly payment, this method allows be an economical backup if the network goes down for an hour or two, without having to pay for a months use.
    There was an outage of internet for about 8 hours on 48 network across the country, but three was still working... That was an odd one, so mainly need for emergencies like that, had to top up €20 on a three SIM that day

Advertisement