Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Constantly forgetting my mask and only remembering it when I'm near the shop :rolleyes:
    This drives me mental. Especially if it's a thread I regularly read.

Nothing to do with the mods, or mods decisions. Just clearly I missed out on the gossip :)..... I'm terribly nosey :D

That's because were gossiping about you pwincess :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

That's because were gossiping about you pwincess :pac:

You'd be very starved for entertainment if you thought any part of my life is worthy of gossip :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Trying out reading boards on my phone. I don't know what the hell I'm doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

My parents asking me to do their shopping online. I'm happy to do it but I'd expect a list of what they need as a basic starting point. But no, I'll log in, get a delivery slot all the usual hoo ha and then then it goes a little like this:
    Ok so what do you need then?
    Right um sensodyne. Oh and paninis we need paninis.
    Ok, maybe try do it by section - do you need fruit and veg?
    Let's see, um I have a head of cabbage and we have potatoes.
    Ok see we're shopping so I need to know what you need, not what you don't need because you already have it.
    Oh do they have that nice cheese, you know the one from Lidl
    This is Tesco
    Oh
    So is there anything else you can think of?
    Ah sure just put in whatever you think yourself. Oh wait maybe a chicken, do we need a chicken?

Just... Why? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Been in a bit of a weird mood the last few days and haven’t been eating right. Can’t quite put a finger on why though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

My debit card no longer tapping :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

People who had their arses wiped for four years, tens of thousands spent on them and their upbringing and education getting a bit stroppy about giving a bit back.

Ungrateful kernts I hear people calling them.

Mod

Brendan Bendar, Absolutely no need for that, cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,052 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Mod

Brendan Bendar, Absolutely no need for that, cop on.

Oh dear..... didn’t mean any malice.

My apologies if I upset anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,183 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I got a Coffee cake from a bakery. I noticed it didn't really taste off coffee and I read the ingredients and it contained more chocolate than coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I got a Coffee cake from a bakery. I noticed it didn't really taste off coffee and I read the ingredients and it contained more chocolate than coffee.

A mocha?

• Advertisement

A mocha?

I supposed it was but it was meant to have been coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Ads with athletes for pepsi, lucozade, muller,snickers etc. Do you really think these elite sports stars actually eat that crap in real life?
    Not a chance.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

KungPao wrote: »
    As a member of a few FB groups locally, people that try to save on a skip or trip to the dump by offering awful tat, always collection only, very rarely free.

Nobody wants to buy your 15 year old bedside table, scratched to pieces and clearly assembled arse ways, or your old dining table set that would suit the Trotter’s flat.

One lad seems to pop up every couple of days selling his crap, like a old plastic set of drawers for €10.

Sell something decent at least.

Yes, I see similar on a recycling group page. Okay, the stuff is free but some of what people pretend to think is worth passing on to others, is only fit for the dump.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Men

(Sorry men of boards :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Men

Only trivially annoying??
    That's not too bad! :D

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Men

55 out of 57 for me... I think, hard to follow the ever increasing count :pac:

TA that there's more than 2 nowadays :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Yes, I see similar on a recycling group page. Okay, the stuff is free but some of what people pretend to think is worth passing on to others, is only fit for the dump.

I sometimes take free stuff and chop it up for firewood so condition is irrelevant. You never know what uses people will have for junk

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I sometimes take free stuff and chop it up for firewood so condition is irrelevant. You never know what uses people will have for junk

Oh I know.

But take it from me, I'm talking about stuff that is fit only for the dump. And nobody takes it. :D

I had my first take away since March last night and I have to say it was an anti-climax. I can't say the food we were eating at home was so much better but I jst built it up to much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Be right back

While getting a takeaway, the girl standing near me, decided to squeeze her boyfriend's spot on his nose! Isn't love great?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

While getting a takeaway, the girl standing near me, decided to squeeze her boyfriend's spot on his nose! Isn't love great?!

Surely his spotty nose was hidden behind a mask?

I can honestly say I have loved anyone that much and never will.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Be right back

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Surely his spotty nose was hidden behind a mask?

I can honestly say I have loved anyone that much and never will.

Neither of them were wearing masks either! Icing on the cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Having to clean out the condenser drip tray at the back of the fridge. If coronavirus had a smell, this would be it....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,198 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TA for people grunting when you ask them a simple question.

Aglomerado wrote: »
    OHaving to clean out the condenser drip tray at the back of the fridge. If coronavirus had a smell, this would be it....:eek:

Never cleaning it out; didn't know what it was called, or had a function, or that it was there to be cleaned or removed.

EDIT Just looked and I can see no such tray in my fridge.

I do clean my fridge though, aint that much of a slob.

TA my poor soggy bread and cheese singles :D:(

Fridge related TA mark 2 Previous tenants most likely removed it if it was there; just like they removed (or the ones before them) the little lightbulb :mad: No lights in cooker neither.

Unlettered, pajama wearing Spar shopping (getting E30 - E40 of shopping there, instead of going to a bigger supermarket and pay 40% of the price) types, who, as well as their shopping get about E6 worth of scratchies and a box of smokes on top of their 'groceries'. The same types who have the gall to complain about a 2 or 3 Euro decrease in the Social.

How they think it's acceptable to vandalise cookers and fridges is beyond me. Probably well used to hearing the 'beep beep' of the 'Prepay Power' meter, so removing bulbs that, at a guess consume less than 1 watt is beyond me.

* Nothing against Spar, just used it as an example of a well known open early - close late convenience store. I go there many's the time myself for tea/coffee/deli/few cans/2 ltrs milk etc ....

Nothing against 'freeloaders' either. Fk work I say.

It's just the level of entitlement, and what they think they're allowed to do to save a bit on the electric

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Standing on Grafton Street outside M & S while my other half was across the road in Brown Thomas trying to finally spend the €40 left on a three year old gift card.

I realised that I was standing very close to the entrance of M & S and everyone who exited the store was taking off their Facemask...releasing with a whoosh everything that was trapped inside.

Just wondering now if I was breathing in extra particles of whatever from others.....

Of course it didn't help matters that Brown Thomas didn't have any "change" of a €10 note in their tills when my other half had to add €7 to the purchase. This added at least 10 minutes to my extra breathing of invisible stuff......BAST***S.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Standing on Grafton Street outside M & S while my other half was across the road in Brown Thomas trying to finally spend the €40 left on a three year old gift card.

I realised that I was standing very close to the entrance of M & S and everyone who exited the store was taking off their Facemask...releasing with a whoosh everything that was trapped inside.

Just wondering now if I was breathing in extra particles of whatever from others.....

Of course it didn't help matters that Brown Thomas didn't have any "change" of a €10 note in their tills when my other half had to add €7 to the purchase. This added at least 10 minutes to my extra breathing of invisible stuff......BAST***S.

Why didn't you just move then ?

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Today I got my third email since lock down from an Irish tour company. A company I've never been on tour with, because they didn't respond to my emails. Mistakes happen but I'm finding it difficult to muster the enthusiasm to even open it and not let them go get.....

I emailed them years ago with questions about a tour not covered by their FAQ. Their owner (small company) responded that he was on tour at the time but would email me back when he got home, and to email again in two weeks if he forgets. So three weeks later I email them again and get no response. Two weeks after that I tried again and again got not response. Then I don't hear from them in years, until lock down and they're doing tours of Ireland now. Like I need them to tour Ireland? So they seem to be badly lacking in customer service, but now that their revenue has been hit they've dragged my email from some forgotten server to essentially send begging mails. Also it's a 'reunion' tour. You've missed something there pal...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,339 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

TA'd at picking the worst week off :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

TA'd at picking the worst week off :rolleyes:

I had to cancel my holidays for this week. Not trying to out TA you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement