Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Meghan & Harry: WE QUIT

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

she'll be the death of him

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I have to agree with you there. He’s very like the young Prince Philip.

Absolutely. I saw a photo of Prince Philip as a young man somewhere, and thought the resemblance was striking.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Zebra3 wrote: »
    So Philip banged Diana as well???!! :eek:

Can a grandson not look like his grandfather ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

F*cking wasters.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

She misses the glitz, the glamour and the sneachta.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Always seemed like he bears a lot of resentment over what happened his mother. And does not want his wife to go through the same.

More power to him. Seems like a decent skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭nkl12xtw5goz70

FTA69 wrote: »
    F*cking wasters.

How does stepping back from royal life and stating a determination to become financially independent under their own steam make them "f*cking wasters"? Surely quite the opposite is true?

Harry didn't choose to be born into the royal family, and he's experienced a lot of downsides of that life, from losing his mother at age 12 to being hounded by the media himself.

They are within their rights to opt out and do what makes them happy. All the best to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭PressRun

He's never really been like the rest of them, has he? And I don't mean biologically. He has never seemed like someone who was whole heartedly into the royal lifestyle tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,848 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Absolutely. I saw a photo of Prince Philip as a young man somewhere, and thought the resemblance was striking.

Probably wearing similar nazi uniforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

After the Prince Andrew scandal, Prince Charles has already made noises about scaling down the whole operation, and reducing the numbers on the Civil List. So a move to Canada would make sense in this context. Not the USA: why swap UK tabloids for US tabloidsl, plus MM has friends in Vancouver and Toronto thanks to Suits.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

"after many months of reflection..." translate - Meghan told me

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 24,800 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I could see something like this happening or the marriage ending!

She never looked comfortable being dragged around from one engagement to the next, forced interest and smiles all the way. Probably a case of Harry was somewhat used to it, having been born into and growing up with it but you’d be bored of your tits...”yes isn’t it a lovely day, ohhh you have the biggest and most diverse collection of plant pots in Britain, how lovely.. can I see your begonias ?” Can’t blame them for wanting to fûck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

valoren wrote: »
    She misses the glitz, the glamour and the sneachta.

just so im clear, the weather or cocaine?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

How does stepping back from royal life and stating a determination to make their own way in life make them "f*cking wasters"? Surely quite the opposite is true?

Harry didn't exactly choose to be born into the royal family, and he's certainly experienced a lot of downsides of that life, from losing his mother at age 12 to being hounded by the media himself.

They are within their rights to opt out and do what makes them happy. All the best to them.

They arent opting out though. They are scaling back their duties but will still split their time between the UK and north america and are still members of the royal family. So they will keep their titles and privileges and earn off the royal name while not really doing many public duties. Seems like the best of both worlds to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Boredstiff666

I think after Charlie they should stop charging the public for the Royals.

I think the last ones are too 'not Royal' and not worthy or cost effective.

In fact besides Zara and her hubby they arent even likable anymore.

The money that is being spent by their 'pr' machines to keep ramming them down our necks by banging them in the papers every day is unreal.

I think that the Ginger and the social climber have realised that no pr machine is going to make them more likable or more attractive than his brother Prince workshy and Princess do nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,977 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

There's a bit of the Edward and Mrs Simpson about this....carrying on as royals in name only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭CFlat

What is it about American women taking English Princes away from their family:pac:

The whole 'financially independent ' thing will be interesting to watch.
    How will they make money?
    Will she go back to being an actress, one with a lot more power to charge huge money, now she is royal?
    Are they going to refuse all crown moneys from now on?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,977 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

bubblypop wrote: »
    The whole 'financially independent ' thing will be interesting to watch.
    How will they make money?
    Will she go back to being an actress, one with a lot more power to charge huge money, now she is royal?
    Are they going to refuse all crown moneys from now on?

Given their huge media profile, it would be very easy for them to make a living, whether setting up something themselves or working for an established organisation.

It’s all part of the master plan.

They’ll move to the US, raise their child as an American citizen, push them in to politics and eventually become POTUS.

A member of the Royal family in the White House.

We will have our western colony back, sooner or later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

I'll hedge my bets that she gets a gig hosting on the Today Show in NYC and they become America's royal darlings. He'll spend his days golfing with some lucrative side gigs, movie cameos, investing in startups. Bit of the charity work to keep the public image.

She'll eventually realise she doesn't need him and will get bored and leave him and he'll crawl back to the Buckingham boyos with his tail between his legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,462 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Strazdas wrote: »
    Given their huge media profile, it would be very easy for them to make a living, whether setting up something themselves or working for an established organisation.

Couple that with the chattels and investments that Harry has inherited via his Mother and will inherit from his father that are not part of the crown estates.

He, indeed they won't be short a few Bob.

Be interesting to see what happens with Frogmore Cottage?
    And what security measures will be in place for an "ex-royal" should they move abroad.

Very interesting target for certain segments of society that even Harry pulling a Jack Ryan won't prevent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    She can quit if she wants but how can he quit as a senior royal ? In the not to distant future his father will become king and then his brother and nephew.

There's no legal status of 'senior royal'. Being a member of the British royal family isn't a job per se.

Just because he's whatever number in line to the throne he is doesn't mean he has to live in the UK full-time.

In the extremely unlikely event that all the potential heirs to the throne ahead of him die before he does, he's obviously not going to accept being king in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

https://twitter.com/scobie/status/1215004931243032576

Now that's an interesting statement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

NSAman wrote: »
    It will save the British tax payer some money!

Have you ever been in a queue to get into the Palace of Versailles? Now that's a real money spinner!

Off with their heads, turn the palaces and castles into state-owned museums/venues!

The grisly tales of their last days and execution would just add to the appeal for visitors...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭PressRun

bitofabind wrote: »

Seems like they jumped the gun saying they were leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

bitofabind wrote: »

Seems like Harry, who used to be very close to his brother and sister in law, is now completely estranged from them and the rest of the family. I wonder what really happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

CFlat wrote: »
    What is it about American women taking English Princes away from their family:pac:
    Oooooooohhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 30,178 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Seems like Harry, who used to be very close to his brother and sister in law, is now completely estranged from them and the rest of the family. I wonder what really happened.

Well I think Megan is getting the blame for the rift!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

That sentence is a grammar nazi’s wet dream.

Theirs nothing wrong with it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement