Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Political Correctness Debate w/ Jordan Peterson & Stephen Fry

Options
  • 20-05-2018 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Some may find this interesting to watch, I'm a huge fan of Stephen Fry and my respect for Dr. Peterson has been steadily growing with each video of him I see -

Desc: Canadian psychologist Jordan Peterson and British actor and activist Stephen Fry take on American blogger Michelle Goldberg and American political commentator and academic Michael Eric Dyson in a fiery debate on political correctness in modern society.

The final vote results aren't displayed in the video, someone was kind enough to post them in the comments, I'll leave them here too sure:

pre-debate/post-debate voting results: 36pro-64con/30pro-70con: con wins with 6% vote gain.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

The very mention of political correctness was enough to make me not watch this video

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Fry’s in danger of exploding with self-importance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

"Activist" Stephen Fry.

Is that another word for shameless self-promoter?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Its all alt right

What's with that Michael Dyson rocking back and forth like a maniac.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 guestwifi

lmao what is it about Mr. Fry ye don't like lads? Is it that he's English, a friend of the Queen, he speaks his mind, or that he's another gay guy who doesn't swim in the same direction as the rest of them? Top lad in my book!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

guestwifi wrote: »
    lmao what is it about Mr. Fry ye don't like lads? Is it that he's English, a friend of the Queen, he speaks his mind, or that he's another gay guy who doesn't swim in the same direction as the rest of them? Top lad in my book!
    He's a damn sight more interesting and intelligent than a lot of celebrities

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

He's a damn sight more interesting and intelligent than a lot of celebrities

Yep, although that alone doesn’t say much! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Seen that a couple of days ago.
    It's not worth spending 2 hrs of one's life watching

The Dyson person is an embarrassment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

His fecking vacuum cleaners are wildly overpriced ****e as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Jayesdiem

Both men are great and that’s coming from someone who hates almost everybody on TV, Meghan Markle, Kim Kardashian, etc, etc. Peterson is just a straight up truth speaker and I’ve always got a good vibe from Fry. I’ll be watching this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement