Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

British Army Corporal Court Martialed for sharing vid of female in training.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Rory28 wrote: »
    Corporals are not officers. They are their to do the dirty work for the officers.

Now that does not include posting videos online like a teenager.
    It's a rank of a non commissioned Officer.

NCO's run the British Army at training level.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

In what role though?

In any role open to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Corporals are not officers. They are their to do the dirty work for the officers.
    Corporal is an NCO rank, right? Still a leader

• Registered Users Posts: 9,606 ✭✭✭gctest50

Bullsh1t.

This one killed 300 - probably a lot more than iphone boy

WpUGQey.jpg

walter on though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

dudara wrote: »
    Corporal is an NCO rank, right? Still a leader

What he did was stupid and he deserves to be punished but the in your face screaming is part of his job. They are preparing people for war so if they cant handle someone screaming orders at them in a barracks how are they going to handle it under gunfire?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Raquel Breezy Guppy

gctest50 wrote: »

I know a lot of army cooks who could kill thousands without firing a shot :o

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

What he did was stupid and he deserves to be punished but the in your face screaming is part of his job. They are preparing people for war so if they cant handle someone screaming orders at them in a barracks how are they going to handle it under gunfire?

I’m not debating that aspect in the slightest. That is his job.

Posting the video to social media, and exposing that girl to criticism was not his job. You’d expect better from an Army leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Whats know in the business as "Fitter Turners", because they can fit it in a pot and turn it into sh!te. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Not anymore you don't. He got fat and started calling himself Sensei Seagal.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

He posted on Twitter, You want females on the front line, this is what I've to deal with.

The vid was of a young female recruit who was incapable of passing the assault course in basic British army training. She was blubbering and snubbering and her Corporal was giving her hell.

It poses the question. Should women be in the military?
    Does he also post videos of the Male recruits blubbering when they wash out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,116 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

In what role though?

Whatever the hell they qualify for, based on the needs of the role. Gender plays no special part in that.

Example from the marines, who have certainly not done much to lower the bar, but that doesn’t mean some women haven’t met it. Your misogyny is unwarranted.

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/2018/03/05/where-are-the-female-marines/

Only 92 women have made it into roles that were opened up to them in the last couple years. Some of those are not front line, but somehow I get the feeling none of these 92 women would have an issue putting your balls or mine in a vice, if we were to sit down and compare “grit.”

walter on though
    Outlier, give me general.

Call me a Walt all you want, I never claimed to be a soldier. I was just drawing attention to this farce in the British Army.

You can't PC the Army.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭pitifulgod

Bullsh1t.

I'm amazed that you chose to post this and appear to have seen no issue with what he posted to social media... Women in the military does work and they are generally respected by their peers for their ability. This may be shocking for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Well the YPJ have aquitted themselves in the fight against ISIS and the Turks.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Defunkd

A friend who served in the Irish Army had quite a few complaints about the female recruits. Citing "cramps" to get excused from certain duties while no such 'compassion' was shown to the male recruits.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,116 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

SSr0 wrote: »
    I'll be happy with woman serving with me, when they start to get treated the same way I do and when they are required to do the same fitness testing I do.

As it stands, the woman's fitness test is a joke and everyone is afraid to put them under any kind of stress.

This PC nonsense has no place in situations where lives are at risk.
    I do agree a military should not have gender specific requirements unless the are gender specific roles. Beyond that sexual discrimination need not factor: whoever meets that standard is in the role. It’s a different matter if the force wants to find a role for talent that wants to apply, but that shouldn’t result in lowering standards; that should only ever happen if frankly you’ve run out of candidates for critical roles, then you don’t have much choice, not every military ostensibly will have an inexhaustible supply that meets demands. Specifically in the case of the Brits it seems like political correctness above anything else, and admittedly that’s not a great idea in the long run IMHO. But that doesn’t mean women should be shamed out of applying and I can absolutely see why the court martial is in order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Defunkd wrote: »
    . Citing "cramps" to get excused from certain duties while no such 'compassion' was shown to the male recruits.

Rightly so if they complained about getting period pains!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Bullsh1t.

If you had even the slightest knowledge of women in war and particularly revolutionary / guerilla warfare, then you wouldn't say that.

I'll direct you to the FLN in Algeria, Viet Cong in Vietnam and more recently the Kurds in Syria.

Or you could keep watching 'Saving Private Ryan' for your info.

If you had even the slightest knowledge of women in war and particularly revolutionary / guerilla warfare, then you wouldn't say that.

I'll direct you to the FLN in Algeria, Viet Cong in Vietnam and more recently the Kurds in Syria.

How many pull ups , press ups and situps can they do?

Could an 8st female recruit lift a 14st male soldier to safety?

The practicalites of war.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭dude_abided

Completely unacceptable. Treatment fair, posting the video was outside the standards that would be expected in the Army.

Quite right to be court martialed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

OOnegative wrote: »
    Eh it poses the question should inconsiderate bullies like Mr Corporal be in the Army.

Eh… they need to break you, before they can mould you into,the perfect killing machine.

Have you not watched ANY war movies?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Any man who has gone such training knows how tough it is.

The NCOs treat you like absolute dirt.

Only the real men make it through. They break you down and build you back up as a soldier.

Whats your service record look like?

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭yesto24

And was that corporal training her for revolutionary/guerilla warfare?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,606 ✭✭✭gctest50

How many pull ups , press ups and situps can they do?

Could an 8st female recruit lift a 14st male soldier to safety?

The practicalites of war.

All 5ft nothing of this one dragged her commander to safety while being shot at

She got a mc cross for that

LfPiJRa.jpg

Now - which would you prefer with you ?

iPhone boy or shortass with proven bravery ?

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Whats your service record look like?
    Don't have one and never claimed to have one hedgehog.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭yesto24

All 5ft nothing of this one dragged her commander to safety while being shot at

She got a mc cross for that

LfPiJRa.jpg

And she probably passed the assault course and all other required training.
    Are you starting to see the point of having standards?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,875 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

He posted on Twitter, You want females on the front line, this is what I've to deal with.

The vid was of a young female recruit who was incapable of passing the assault course in basic British army training. She was blubbering and snubbering and her Corporal was giving her hell.

It poses the question. Should women be in the military?

Not that one, obviously - beyond that you're going to have to give me more examples. Lots more.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Don't have one and never claimed to have one hedgehog.

So, you're not a real man then?
    Only the real men make it through. They break you down and build you back up as a soldier.

So, you come along here and open a thread taking shots at a woman who had a tough time on a course you have never experienced. Have no idea how many men struggle with the same course, but after seeing a lone video decide "hey, women can't join the army".

• Registered Users Posts: 28,703 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Good ould misogyny, moving on....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

There's a massive difference between bullying and robust military training, there is absolutely no place for a bully in the military or anywhere else in life.

There is no excuse for an bullying, military or not.
    If that was adhered to by all Peoples then , Would we have any War at all ?:p;):eek::D

Advertisement