Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

London jogger pushes woman in front of bus

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

mad muffin wrote: »
    I've watch this over and over. I don't think he pushed her at all. It appears to me, that the woman tried to trip the jogger as she walked passed. He raises his leg and she trips instead. I don't think he even realises how close her head was to becoming part of the road.

She didn't try to trip him at all, you're seeing something that's clearly not happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Definite yellow card, not sure it's a red

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I have stopped and started this video a few times and the first time the ladies leg comes out straight is when she is just about hit the ground. In no way did she put out a leading leg and its so clear its laughable to think otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

I've watch this over and over. I don't think he pushed her at all. It appears to me, that the woman tried to trip the jogger as she walked passed. He raises his leg and she trips instead. I don't think he even realises how close her head was to becoming part of the road.

How exactly was she supposed to trip him with her right leg when her left leg was extended in front of her?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    I don't know what you're watching but he clearly veers towards her and forcefully shoves her. After he pushes her, her leg comes up because she is falling into the path of an oncoming bus. She wasn't trying to trip him. Victim blaming much there? Pretty sure that the police have examined the evidence with considerable expertise and concluded that it was a deliberate act.

He even passed by shortly after while the victim was being tended to and blanked her when she tried to challenge him. He is a psycho

Maybe she said something and he came closer to hear better. That's when she took her chance to try and trip him. I don't see any contact with his arms only his right leg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Maybe she said something and he came closer to hear better. That's when she took her chance to try and trip him. I don't see any contact with his arms only his right leg.

Oh ffs, really? Good theory. Yes, she was taunting him in order to lure him closer just so she could trip him. I bet that's definitely what happened. Bloody evil women

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

The walking man was walking in the light patch, the running man was in the dark patch. The walking woman was in the dark patch, the running man was in the dark patch, both started moving to the light patch to avoid the other, but this was unsurprisingly unsuccessful, and the running man pushed the walking woman out of his way, either because he's a c*nt, or he couldn't stop in time, and then didn't stop afterwards because he's a c*nt. She's very lucky to be alive.

There are already idiots on twitter citing this as a reason to hate men. Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Oh ffs, really? Good theory. Yes, she was taunting him in order to lure him closer just so she could trip him. I bet that's definitely what happened. Bloody evil women

You never know. Londoners are mental. She could have told him this is a walk way… WALK WAY NOT RUN WAY *try's to trip*. And he was like THIS IS SPARTA! *trip*

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I'd really like to see what the people claiming to see an attempted trip see. Cause I just see a man barrelling into a women for no reason.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

theteal wrote: »

I have issues with city joggers - it doesn't make sense to me, there are plenty of parks around with cleaner air to be breathing. I don't care if his excuse is she was in his way, she was using the path appropriately, he was the one jogging, he should the one making the effort to get out of other pedestrians way.

I live in Dublin 1. It's hard enough to get motivated to exercise without having to make a trip to say, Fairview Park or the Phoenix Park, and then back again afterwards. There's plenty of room for both walkers & joggers on footpaths.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I couldn't imagine running in a city. I'd end up doing the same as this guy. I get pissed walking around town

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

just seen this on the BBC News, assault/ABH at the very very least. BBC News posted a photo shoot taken from the doors of the passing bus, am sure there would be further shoots from other buses of him, and face on shoots when he ran the other way on the bridge (assuming he ran on the same side). Plus other cameras at junctions at either end of the bridge, and on the approach roads to Putney Bridge UnderGround.

If he is a regular user of the bridge at that time, someone will definitely recognise him, and be able to identify him.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I don't know what you're watching but he clearly veers towards her and forcefully shoves her. After he pushes her, her leg comes up because she is falling into the path of an oncoming bus. She wasn't trying to trip him. Victim blaming much there? Pretty sure that the police have examined the evidence with considerable expertise and concluded that it was a deliberate act.

He even passed by shortly after while the victim was being tended to and blanked her when she tried to challenge him. He is a psycho
    He veers towards her alright, but you can't see if there is a shove or not, or if it is just a shoulder barge. It's definitely not the kind of move you'd make when trying to avoid someone at the last moment so there is definite intent.

Can't tell what that intent was from that view though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

If that's the only picture they have of the guy, I don't think they'll find him unless he hands himself in. My money is on him having run out of his anti-psychotic meds in the days running up to that incident, or he was trying to snatch the bag from her right shoulder and she lost her balance, aided by him nudging into her.

I recently heard about CCTV cameras that take every Xth frame in high definition, so that the operators can get really sharp pictures, and zoom in if necessary, without adding too much to the data storage overheads. It will be good when that's more widespread.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

If she had her head buried in a phone and been swerving all over the path because of that and she had been number 15 doign that on the jogger's path during his run, i can somewhat understand a reaction.

But she wasnt holding a phone, only marginally more to the middle of the path as the guy he didnt push.

Get him locked up for attempted murder for all i care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Ficheall wrote: »
    The walking man was walking in the light patch, the running man was in the dark patch. The walking woman was in the dark patch, the running man was in the dark patch, both started moving to the light patch to avoid the other, but this was unsurprisingly unsuccessful, and the running man pushed the walking woman out of his way, either because he's a c*nt, or he couldn't stop in time, and then didn't stop afterwards because he's a c*nt. She's very lucky to be alive.

There are already idiots on twitter citing this as a reason to hate men. Sigh.
    Well said Smitchell

• Registered Users Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

robinph wrote: »
    He veers towards her alright, but you can't see if there is a shove or not, or if it is just a shoulder barge. It's definitely not the kind of move you'd make when trying to avoid someone at the last moment so there is definite intent.

Can't tell what that intent was from that view though.

I think that you can clearly see that he does push her with his right arm, it looks to be fully extended by the time she is on the ground. There is a slowed down version on this article where you can see it better

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/jogger-woman-push-woman-london-bus-video-putney-bridge-metropolitan-police-footage-a7881996.html

Also, the police spokesman said
    Sgt Knowles said: “This is a deliberate act on his behalf. His hands come across and push her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

I think that you can clearly see that he does push her with his right arm, it looks to be fully extended by the time she is on the ground. There is a slowed down version on this article where you can see it better

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/jogger-woman-push-woman-london-bus-video-putney-bridge-metropolitan-police-footage-a7881996.html

Wow, first time i seen it , he clearly moves over to push her ,what is his motive?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

That's mad! It looks a bit like she may have been in his path and started moving out of his way. But there was plenty of path if that was his issue. Why not move to the other side instead of running towards her and barrelling right through her and then not even stopping to see if she was ok? Very odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Let's take bets on what he says when he gets caught.

- I didn't mean to do that.
    - I was having a bad day and thought she wouldn't fall to the ground.
    - She came out of no where.
    - I suffer from x, y or z. I'm a nice guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Let's take bets on what he says when he gets caught.

- I didn't mean to do that.
    - I was having a bad day and thought she wouldn't fall to the ground.
    - She came out of no where.
    - I suffer from x, y or z. I'm a nice bloke.

FYP Brits use their native slang words unlike here where plenty think it's America :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Sam Kade wrote: »
    FYP Brits use their native slang words unlike here where plenty think it's America :rolleyes:

You ok dude?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,378 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

mad muffin wrote:

We've just reached peak After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Sam Kade wrote: »

that was random....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Pedestrians are scum it seems.

Interfering with runners, joggers and god forbid cyclists.

There is no place in the world for walkers in a city anymore. They haven't got the power. How did that happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭RubyGlee

Quite obvious what's happened.
    The jogger is a hired hitman possibly Russian. He's been watching his mark for a while now, got her routine down. Noted she walks this way to work every morning always at the same time.
    got himself the bus timetable and assumed the identity of an unknown jogger waiting. As this has to look like an accident he made a cunning plan. He hadn't accounted for the quick reaction from the bus driver because the usual slow older driver was off sick.plot foiled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

They don't pay car tax either so shouldn't be allowed cross any streets.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Not to be outdone

The only answer is for us to select every 10th jogger and execute them until they give up the identity of the perpetrator

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

RubyGlee wrote: »
    Quite obvious what's happened.
    The jogger is a hired hitman possibly Russian. He's been watching his mark for a while now, got her routine down. Noted she walks this way to work every morning always at the same time.
    got himself the bus timetable and assumed the identity of an unknown jogger waiting. As this has to look like an accident he made a cunning plan. He hadn't accounted for the quick reaction from the bus driver because the usual slow older driver was off sick.plot foiled

Or, swerving (sorry) from spy novel to domestic noir, he is in cahoots with the big man who he seems to avoid and who is a disgruntled ex who wants the woman killed. He agrees with the runner to wink at him to signal that it's exactly that woman and that a bus is approaching. Promptly the runner kicks out, but fails to kill her.

The disgruntled ex now is really angry and plots, sitting lonely and brooding in a pub, how to kill them both ....

What the runner did is despicable but we can speculate about his motives until the cows come home. We don't know until he is caught. And sometimes there is no motive at all. It's just because.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

There are two sides to every story. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Advertisement