Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Replacing boiler

• 25-02-2021 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭

Doubt I'm going to get another winter out of current boiler. 13 years old and the blower bearings are noisy I have to leave the panel off as it will cut off like it's not getting enough air...

I assume replacing is straightforward enough? Reuse existing plumbing and wires. Whoever installed originally didn't put a perm live in which seems to be needed usually. It's a 3 core armoured running so earth could be moved to the armour and wire in a perm live reusing earth cable (labelling approximately of course).

Ballpark figure for boiler and commission?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭jimf

replacing boiler seems total over kill

bearings are easy to replace

boiler not running with the cover on means you have a combustion leak within the case

total guess good service and address above issues 200 eu maybe at the most

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭Xcellor

jimf wrote: »
    replacing boiler seems total over kill

bearings are easy to replace

boiler not running with the cover on means you have a combustion leak within the case

total guess good service and address above issues 200 eu maybe at the most

Yeah defo combustion leak. Blower isn't properly flush against chamber and nut doesn't seem like it tightens any longer. I assumed it was bearing causing the blower to be less effecient.

The guy who serviced last time basically told me I'd be throwing money at something that was on last legs...

I'd like to upgrade to condensing system.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭jimf

ok then your choice your money

approx 2700/3000k to replace boiler with new he boiler /pump/ and most likely remote acting firevalve

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭Xcellor

jimf wrote: »
    ok then your choice your money

approx 2700/3000k to replace boiler with new he boiler /pump/ and most likely remote acting firevalve

Hmm pricey enough. I was thinking 1700 for boiler and 500 for commissioning.

Maybe I'll have a go fixing it myself.. last lock down project perhaps!

Advertisement