Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Laptop for Revit

Options
  • 01-02-2020 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

What are the minimum specs you would need on a laptop to run Revit?
    I recently bought a 8GB RAM, 256 SSD laptop and I was wondering would these specs be good enough to run Revit efficiently.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

Med101007 wrote: »
    What are the minimum specs you would need on a laptop to run Revit?
    I recently bought a 8GB RAM, 256 SSD laptop and I was wondering would these specs be good enough to run Revit efficiently.

Probably not satisfactorily. I wouldn't like to be using less than 16GB. My current set up is 32GB and it's mostly fine but I work on large models.

256GB SSD should be fine if you don't have many other programs, but Revit itself takes up a lot of disk space, 30gb I think. An SSD is the way to go though.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

As suggested 8 gb of ram will not cut it with Revit
    If you have to use a laptop you need somehing with a bit of welly
    our organisation usually use Lenovo p52 with 64 gb of ram and a 500gb ssd we have prob 50 of them out
    The preferred option is a hp z8 with 96 gb ram a ssd for the os and a 2tb drive for storage and temp files for Revit and Navis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

I have Revit on my laptop which has 8gb ram, it is not enough to function properly.

Advertisement