Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

12-07-2019, 11:58   #346
Thelonious Monk

Also meat eaters eat vegan food too and cows eat vegan food.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
12-07-2019, 12:27   #347
Graces7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
The reality is amazing people do care about all living things but most people are like myself in that they only care about what's close to them

Ultimitaly is comes down to the fact that meat tastes 100 times better than any vegetable and giving up meat after a lifetime of eating it is so so difficult
Not.. I stopped eating most meat because of the cost etc years ago after a long, long life of beef etc. Did not ever miss it and now yukk. Now good fresh vegetables are wonderful. I occasionally stray into a little bacon or chicken. maybe twice a week but never beef or lamb etc.
12-07-2019, 12:49   #348
Dakota Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by igCorcaigh View Post
You just made that up.
Did you ever hear vegans going on about murdering animals in slaughter houses? If not you might want to pull your head out of the clouds.
Thanks from:
12-07-2019, 12:51   #349
Dakota Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillah View Post
I hear smug blowhards complaining about pushy vegans one hundred times as often as I encounter pushy vegans. Every vegan I have met in person has been a lovely person, and every single person I have met who felt the need to complain about vegans has been unbearable.
Did you ever hear of Joey crabbrain and his followers? A lovely person for sure.
Thanks from:
12-07-2019, 12:53   #350
Thelonious Monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Dan View Post
Did you ever hear of Joey crabbrain and his followers? A lovely person for sure.
Who on earth is that?
Advertisement
12-07-2019, 13:09   #351
pheasant tail

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodderangler View Post
I can guarantee it. I’ve been shooting since childhood. I learned from my mistakes at a young age and was brought up proper in hunting. I won’t shoot unless it’s safe and guarantee to be a kill shot.
Now if you can’t understand that then that’s your problem not mine
This made me laugh. Would you quit. There is absolutely no way that anyone can guarantee a 100% kill shot off a moving animal with a shotgun. No matter how good you are. And I’m someone who use to do a lot of shooting.
Thanks from:
12-07-2019, 13:23   #352
pheasant tail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk View Post
All these threads are started by non vegans who feel insecure about the very existence of vegans for some reason
So true! Including the usual people responding!
(2) thanks from:
12-07-2019, 13:50   #353
weldoninhio

Can't believe vegans drink water. That's a fishes house, you f'king animals!!!
(2) thanks from:
12-07-2019, 14:02   #354
Thelonious Monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by weldoninhio View Post
Can't believe vegans drink water. That's a fishes house, you f'king animals!!!
Almost as bad as some of your comments on the journal
Thanks from:
Advertisement
12-07-2019, 18:25   #355
con___manx1

Send a message via MSN to con___manx1
Iv tried to cut down on meat myself alot. I eat chicken and fish mainly but not everyday. Iv tried to just eat veg as much as possible.
Processed meat is disgusting if you think about it. There are 7 billion people in the world. Only 200 years ago there was 2 billion. Thats alot of animals to feed 7 billion and alot of green house gasses from cattle and so on.
I heard recently that there is more carbon emissions from cattle farming in ireland than cars.
Thanks from:
12-07-2019, 18:36   #356
tuxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by con___manx1 View Post
I heard recently that there is more carbon emissions from cattle farming in ireland than cars.
Internal combustion engines produce lots of carbon, cattle produce lots of methane. Both are greenhouse gases but methane does much more harm. At least in the short term, methane disperses faster than carbon.
12-07-2019, 19:46   #357
dodderangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheasant tail View Post
This made me laugh. Would you quit. There is absolutely no way that anyone can guarantee a 100% kill shot off a moving animal with a shotgun. No matter how good you are. And I’m someone who use to do a lot of shooting.
I don’t use a shotgun. You obviously gave it up because you couldn’t hit water if you fell out of a boat.
I was out hunting this evening and shot two foxes. Could’ve gotten another two but the shot wasn’t safe nor could I guarantee the kill.
Obviously you were one of them that shot because they seen the animal instead of the shot placement.
12-07-2019, 19:47   #358
dodderangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ri rua View Post
The worms will have a field day with you. They're licking their lips, watching your every move.
Worms. You want to explain that one or do you just assume shït like most here
12-07-2019, 19:53   #359
gozunda

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxy View Post
Internal combustion engines produce lots of carbon, cattle produce lots of methane. Both are greenhouse gases but methane does much more harm. At least in the short term, methane disperses faster than carbon.
During the Juasic period - 250 million years ago, dinosaurs that roamed the Earth, lived in a world with five times more carbon dioxide than is present on Earth today, 

The Jurassic Period lasted approximately 54 million years...

Last edited by gozunda; 13-07-2019 at 00:00.
13-07-2019, 10:03   #360
purplesnack

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozunda View Post
During the Juasic period - 250 million years ago, dinosaurs that roamed the Earth, lived in a world with five times more carbon dioxide than is present on Earth today, 

The Jurassic Period lasted approximately 54 million years...
So basically the dinosaurs had 54 million years to evolve and adapt to their environment. Animals alive today have been evolving over millions of years but the environment is changing too quickly now for them to be able to adapt and survive.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion