Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
02-07-2015, 19:21   #16
jamo2oo9
Registered User
 
jamo2oo9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,695
1st year into DIT
jamo2oo9 is offline  
Advertisement
02-07-2015, 19:24   #17
saoirsegibney
Registered User
 
saoirsegibney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 9
I'm 2nd year!
saoirsegibney is offline  
02-07-2015, 19:25   #18
Solomon Pleasant
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 496
So you're just starting? I'm looking for cheaper accommodation aswell in dublin, on campus is unbelievably expensive
Solomon Pleasant is offline  
02-07-2015, 19:28   #19
jamo2oo9
Registered User
 
jamo2oo9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,695
Student accommodation is way too expensive and I would imagine that most, if not, all places would be fully booked.
jamo2oo9 is offline  
02-07-2015, 19:46   #20
Solomon Pleasant
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 496
Is anyone going to DCU or trinity?
Solomon Pleasant is offline  
Advertisement
02-07-2015, 19:47   #21
Solomon Pleasant
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by saoirsegibney View Post
I'm 2nd year!
Where did you stay last year?
Solomon Pleasant is offline  
02-07-2015, 19:57   #22
saoirsegibney
Registered User
 
saoirsegibney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomon Pleasant View Post
Where did you stay last year?
I had an apartment in Inchicore with a few other students. Its 10 times easy when you team up with people!
saoirsegibney is offline  
02-07-2015, 20:54   #23
Solomon Pleasant
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by saoirsegibney View Post
I had an apartment in Inchicore with a few other students. Its 10 times easy when you team up with people!
Yeah I agree, can I ask what your monthly bill was? Did you go to DCU, trinity or where?😄think it's around 6,000€ for the year on campus..
Solomon Pleasant is offline  
02-07-2015, 21:32   #24
saoirsegibney
Registered User
 
saoirsegibney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomon Pleasant View Post
Yeah I agree, can I ask what your monthly bill was? Did you go to DCU, trinity or where?😄think it's around 6,000€ for the year on campus..
The rent was 450 each plus bills which were around 60 every 2 months each in the summer and 90 in the winter. Thats the gas and electric. Then you've got internet which is about 40 a month and if you want to get tv which we didn't that's another 40 a month maybe a bit less if you get them both in a package! I went to Ballyfermot college but Inchicore is 10 minutes on a bus too town and a tenner in a taxi at night so it's really handy for town. Good thing about being on campus is you rent the room for the amount of time your gonna be there if you go private you'll be renting it for 9 months or a year probably!
saoirsegibney is offline  
Advertisement
02-07-2015, 21:46   #25
Solomon Pleasant
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by saoirsegibney View Post
The rent was 450 each plus bills which were around 60 every 2 months each in the summer and 90 in the winter. Thats the gas and electric. Then you've got internet which is about 40 a month and if you want to get tv which we didn't that's another 40 a month maybe a bit less if you get them both in a package! I went to Ballyfermot college but Inchicore is 10 minutes on a bus too town and a tenner in a taxi at night so it's really handy for town. Good thing about being on campus is you rent the room for the amount of time your gonna be there if you go private you'll be renting it for 9 months or a year probably!
That's massively cheaper than on campus, cheers for that👠Did you have to rent that apartment for the full year to retain it? It's kinda difficult to arrange where to get accommodation until you get a CAO offer but thanks for the info anyway!
Solomon Pleasant is offline  
02-07-2015, 21:56   #26
saoirsegibney
Registered User
 
saoirsegibney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomon Pleasant View Post
That's massively cheaper than on campus, cheers for that👠Did you have to rent that apartment for the full year to retain it? It's kinda difficult to arrange where to get accommodation until you get a CAO offer but thanks for the info anyway!
I did yeah but it depends some landlords will do a 9 month lease some even do 6 but 9 is usually the best you'll get! Yeah that's true but if you keep looking then you'll find something eventually.
saoirsegibney is offline  
02-07-2015, 23:21   #27
Jamie3039
Registered User
 
Jamie3039's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 3
hi saoirse. i have not found anywhere as yet. however some other people have expressed interest in teaming up too.im going up to dublin monday to start looking more seriously. have you heard about any suitable places yet? thanks
Jamie3039 is offline  
02-07-2015, 23:32   #28
Emilyjaneoh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomon Pleasant View Post
Is anyone going to DCU or trinity?
Hoping to go to trinity, going into first year
Emilyjaneoh is offline  
03-07-2015, 00:18   #29
Emilyjaneoh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 7
Dublin Student accommodation 15/16

Hey! Just thought I'd start a thread for this year so students who want to maybe look for housemates or find a room to rent can post on here. I'm hoping to be going to trinity so if I can find a few people to get a house with near there, that would be great! I'm starting first year.
Emilyjaneoh is offline  
03-07-2015, 11:07   #30
saoirsegibney
Registered User
 
saoirsegibney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 9
Hi Jamie. Honestly i think you'll be wasting your time going now unless you want too move up immediately! Most places you'll find will want people to move in immediately unless you might get lucky and find somewhere that is looking for people to move in a few weeks. Saying that you might get lucky and find somewhere that wants you too move by September!
saoirsegibney is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet