Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

02-07-2015, 19:21   #16
jamo2oo9

1st year into DIT
Advertisement
02-07-2015, 19:24   #17
saoirsegibney

I'm 2nd year!
02-07-2015, 19:25   #18
Solomon Pleasant

So you're just starting? I'm looking for cheaper accommodation aswell in dublin, on campus is unbelievably expensive
02-07-2015, 19:28   #19
jamo2oo9

Student accommodation is way too expensive and I would imagine that most, if not, all places would be fully booked.
02-07-2015, 19:46   #20
Solomon Pleasant

Is anyone going to DCU or trinity?
Advertisement
02-07-2015, 19:47   #21
Solomon Pleasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by saoirsegibney View Post
I'm 2nd year!
Where did you stay last year?
02-07-2015, 19:57   #22
saoirsegibney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomon Pleasant View Post
Where did you stay last year?
I had an apartment in Inchicore with a few other students. Its 10 times easy when you team up with people!
02-07-2015, 20:54   #23
Solomon Pleasant

Quote:
I had an apartment in Inchicore with a few other students. Its 10 times easy when you team up with people!
Yeah I agree, can I ask what your monthly bill was? Did you go to DCU, trinity or where?😄think it's around 6,000€ for the year on campus..
02-07-2015, 21:32   #24
saoirsegibney

Quote:
Yeah I agree, can I ask what your monthly bill was? Did you go to DCU, trinity or where?😄think it's around 6,000€ for the year on campus..
The rent was 450 each plus bills which were around 60 every 2 months each in the summer and 90 in the winter. Thats the gas and electric. Then you've got internet which is about 40 a month and if you want to get tv which we didn't that's another 40 a month maybe a bit less if you get them both in a package! I went to Ballyfermot college but Inchicore is 10 minutes on a bus too town and a tenner in a taxi at night so it's really handy for town. Good thing about being on campus is you rent the room for the amount of time your gonna be there if you go private you'll be renting it for 9 months or a year probably!
Advertisement
02-07-2015, 21:46   #25
Solomon Pleasant

Quote:
The rent was 450 each plus bills which were around 60 every 2 months each in the summer and 90 in the winter. Thats the gas and electric. Then you've got internet which is about 40 a month and if you want to get tv which we didn't that's another 40 a month maybe a bit less if you get them both in a package! I went to Ballyfermot college but Inchicore is 10 minutes on a bus too town and a tenner in a taxi at night so it's really handy for town. Good thing about being on campus is you rent the room for the amount of time your gonna be there if you go private you'll be renting it for 9 months or a year probably!
That's massively cheaper than on campus, cheers for that👠Did you have to rent that apartment for the full year to retain it? It's kinda difficult to arrange where to get accommodation until you get a CAO offer but thanks for the info anyway!
02-07-2015, 21:56   #26
saoirsegibney

Quote:
That's massively cheaper than on campus, cheers for that👠Did you have to rent that apartment for the full year to retain it? It's kinda difficult to arrange where to get accommodation until you get a CAO offer but thanks for the info anyway!
I did yeah but it depends some landlords will do a 9 month lease some even do 6 but 9 is usually the best you'll get! Yeah that's true but if you keep looking then you'll find something eventually.
02-07-2015, 23:21   #27
Jamie3039

hi saoirse. i have not found anywhere as yet. however some other people have expressed interest in teaming up too.im going up to dublin monday to start looking more seriously. have you heard about any suitable places yet? thanks
02-07-2015, 23:32   #28
Emilyjaneoh

Quote:
Is anyone going to DCU or trinity?
Hoping to go to trinity, going into first year
03-07-2015, 00:18   #29
Emilyjaneoh

Dublin Student accommodation 15/16

Hey! Just thought I'd start a thread for this year so students who want to maybe look for housemates or find a room to rent can post on here. I'm hoping to be going to trinity so if I can find a few people to get a house with near there, that would be great! I'm starting first year.
03-07-2015, 11:07   #30
saoirsegibney

Hi Jamie. Honestly i think you'll be wasting your time going now unless you want too move up immediately! Most places you'll find will want people to move in immediately unless you might get lucky and find somewhere that is looking for people to move in a few weeks. Saying that you might get lucky and find somewhere that wants you too move by September!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion