Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Miall108 wrote: »
    Shud af kiled de lot pf ye cuntry paople _________ is a gentlemen and fiend 2 traveller maay lard abve juge ye and ye predjudism no luk 2 ye durty cunty paople wexford is de durt ful of predjudism wit ye fncy wards

Them Wards are a fancy bunch alright or are they on about hospitals.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

***Update on size-22 costume girl***

"Right no joy with costumes today, what am I meant to do?"

Comment: "dont laugh but can u go as a ghost? No hear me out, nobody goes as a ghost right cos its too simple yeh? So youl actually be original wont ya?"

"Hm I was hoping for something more like Morticia Adams or Malificent but Jesus you'd swear nobody over a size 20 wore costumes in this God-forsaken city
    !!"

Comment: "Think about the ghost idea hun seriously. Just two wholes for eyes and original!"

OP hasn't replied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

fussyonion wrote: »
    ***Update on size-22 costume girl***

"Right no joy with costumes today, what am I meant to do?"

Comment: "dont laugh but can u go as a ghost? No hear me out, nobody goes as a ghost right cos its too simple yeh? So youl actually be original wont ya?"

"Hm I was hoping for something more like Morticia Adams or Malificent but Jesus you'd swear nobody over a size 20 wore costumes in this God-forsaken city
    !!"

Comment: "Think about the ghost idea hun seriously. Just two wholes for eyes and original!"

OP hasn't replied.

Probably can't find a size 22 sheet...

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Miall108

may the lard be gud to ye ya durty country paople no look to ye curse of jaysus on ye padre pio prat for ye no look bestards travelers hab more mooney than ye have big fancy words ye durty bestards

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

may the lard be gud to ye ya durty country paople no look to ye curse of jaysus on ye padre pio prat for ye no look bestards travelers hab more mooney than ye have big fancy words ye durty bestards
    Isn't it great the way he/she invokes 'The Lard' and asks Padre Pio to 'prat' for ye while at the same time cursing ye up in a knot. 'May the Lard be gud to ye ya durty bestards'.

It makes ye feel loved, doesn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

I read this in the style of the Rubberbandits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Them Wards are a fancy bunch alright or are they on about hospitals.
    Think they mean words - full of prejudice with your fancy words.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Paddy Cow wrote:
    Think they mean words - full of prejudice with your fancy words.

Maybe the lard have mercy on your sole. I think your one of dem if u ken reed dem posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭seamusk84

Probably can't find a size 22 sheet...

I just woke my wife up laughing at this

• Registered Users Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

From my sister's page:
    My god ***** ***** your angle is so growing up, she is beautiful, how time fly's x

• Advertisement

From my sister's page:

Quote:
    My god ***** ***** your angle is so growing up, she is beautiful, how time fly's x

A beautiful , grown-up angle who fly's? Wow, that's rare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

"anyw no wen we get the duble dole at xmas 12 pubs on d 22nd so deyd want 2 b givn it bfore then???? xxxx"

But what if you get a job before Christmas...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

coolhull wrote: »
    A beautiful , grown-up angle who fly's? Wow, that's rare

No, the angle is my sister's kid.

She's acute little one.

Nib wrote: »
    "anyw no wen we get the duble dole at xmas 12 pubs on d 22nd so deyd want 2 b givn it bfore then???? xxxx"

I suggest s/he writes to Joan Burton and tell her that s/he is under time pressure and needs that fcukin' ''duble dole'' money before the 22nd December for 12 Pubs night.
    I'm sure Joan will understand.........

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Teacher23

"How to get slimmer waste???"

Hmmm. Tempted to ask if she is suffering with bulky bowel movements or is thinking of the word waist? Also, if she has heard of Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,355 ✭✭✭✭siblers

In before someone replies with "u luk fabulous gurl xxx"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭NormalBob Ubiquitypants

The Xmas tree pics have started.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

"Was just thinking what would a say if a was asked if a liked cheese n onion crisps or salt n vinegar crisps more .. well a would have ta say that a like salt n vinegar walkers mer than cheese n onion walkers but a defo like cheese n onion tayto mer than salt n vinegar tayto so it isnt as simple as that so it wid really av come doon tae if a would rather a pack of cheese n onion tayto or a packet a salt n vinegar walkers n a thinks that salt n v just edges it there ! So of a am ever asked that question in d future all say salt n vinegar DEFO xxxx"

Epic story, definitely giving Grandpa Simpson a run for his money.

Jaysus, the letter'I' must have pissed in that lad's cornflakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

But what if you get a job before Christmas...

Haha haha hahahahahaha, good one. Get a job. No chance. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Got the friend list below 200!!!

Christ why was I friends with some of those people!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Loughc wrote: »
    It's the modern version of hey do you wanna come over to mine to watch a dvd.

So all those times I asked my girl buddies to come over to watch a movie, I was actually asking for the ride? Dammit... So many missed opportunities...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

efb wrote: »
    Got the friend list below 200!!!

Christ why was I friends with some of those people!!!

I'm trying to get mine under a hundred, not there yet though. It was some sense of freedom when I got rid of a lot of them. The sh*te they posted, I wasn't really aware of how much it was bothering/annoying me.

My rule, if it is not possible for me to see you on daily basis, then you can stay a friend on FB. Everyone else gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

recent enough
    "Ok lads, who's getting the chop this week"

This guys ego is out of this world, and goes announcing that he's unfriending people. Needless to say he got the chop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

Galway K9 wrote: »
    recent enough
    "Ok lads, who's getting the chop this week"

This guys ego is out of this world, and goes announcing that he's unfriending people. Needless to say he got the chop.

You should have volunteered yourself:

"Oh me, me! Let it be me!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Sweet and merciful Jesus........
    1.00pm in the afternoon, and Lauren was driving to visit a friend, when an UNMARKED police car pulled up behind her and put its lights on. Lauren's parents have 4 children (of various ages) and have always told them never to pull over for an unmarked car on the side of the road, but rather wait until they get to a service station, etc.
    So Lauren remembered her parents' advice, and telephoned 112 from her mobile phone.
    This connected her to the police dispatcher she told the dispatcher that there was an unmarked car with a flashing blue light behind her and that she would not pull over right away but wait until she was in a service station or busy area.
    The dispatcher checked to see if there was a police car where she was and there wasn't and he told her to keep driving, remain calm and that he had back-up already on the way.
    Ten minutes later 4 police cars surrounded her and the unmarked car behind her.
    ... One policeman went to her side and the others surrounded the car behind.
    They pulled the guy from the car and tackled him to the ground........the man was a convicted rapist and wanted for other crimes.
    I never knew that bit of advice, but especially for a woman alone in a car, you do not have to pull over for an UNMARKED car.
    Apparently police have to respect your right to keep going to a 'safe' place.
    You obviously need to make some signals that you acknowledge them I.e., put on your hazard lights) or call 112 like Lauren did.
    Too bad the mobile phone companies don't give you this little bit of wonderful information.
    So now it's your turn to let your friends know about 112 (112 is an emergency number on your mobile that takes you straight to the police because 999 does not work if you have no signal).
    This is good information that I did not know!
    Please pass on to all your friends, especially any females

"Sorry I didn't stop, you might have raped me" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭thesandeman

It was all going well until the 112>999 bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

GAAman wrote: »

"Sorry I didn't stop, you might have raped me" :rolleyes:

I read that about a 100 years ago....

And she used her mobile phone while driving. Hope she was charged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

GAAman wrote: »

Where's that bullshít from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

I hate those posts on FB that say something like "there are 5 Fri/Sat/Sun in this month ... its lucky 'cause it only happens every x-hundred years' ...... its rubbish, as there are 5 x 3-days in a row in every 31 day month .... so it happens several times a year .... check a calendar folks, and dont just be believing everything you see on FB!

There were 5 Thurs / Fri / Sat last month .... and there will be 5 Tues / Wed / Thurs next month

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement