Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

21-02-2018, 19:40   #7501
rawn

"NEVER SELF CHECKOUT

it's not convenient for me to help corporations fire workers so they raise their profits. I stand in line and when the lines back up, the store calls more cashiers to the front. If we keep doing it, they'll need to hire more people. NEVER SELF CHECKOUT"

Advertisement
21-02-2018, 19:51   #7502
Fieldog

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawn View Post
"NEVER SELF CHECKOUT

it's not convenient for me to help corporations fire workers so they raise their profits. I stand in line and when the lines back up, the store calls more cashiers to the front. If we keep doing it, they'll need to hire more people. NEVER SELF CHECKOUT"

Saw this one earlier, well fook me pink...
21-02-2018, 19:52   #7503
Gravelly

Quote:
"NEVER SELF CHECKOUT

Thought that post was going to be masturbation-related for a second.
Thanks from:
21-02-2018, 20:50   #7504
De Bhál

Quote:
"NEVER SELF CHECKOUT

Good, more space at the self checkout for the rest of us.
22-02-2018, 08:17   #7505
inforfun

Quote:
"NEVER SELF CHECKOUT

She (or he) is one of the reasons why i do my shopping on Saturday or Sunday morning as early as possible.
Go waste someone else's time, not mine.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
22-02-2018, 11:38   #7506
rawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by inforfun View Post
Quote:
"NEVER SELF CHECKOUT

She (or he) is one of the reasons why i do my shopping on Saturday or Sunday morning as early as possible.
Go waste someone else's time, not mine.
They don't seem to mind putting the people that make the self-service checkouts out of a job!
22-02-2018, 17:01   #7507
thesandeman

In fairness, that's a policy I've always stuck to myself for those reasons. I don't go around preaching about it though (until now).
(2) thanks from:
22-02-2018, 18:44   #7508
splinter65

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilly View Post
I'd love to know do they not teach spelling in school anymore?

That's not a FB status btw, genuine question.
Most of these people grew up in houses where there were no books or newspapers ever, or paper or pencils, no stories were read, no coloring in even. It was in front of the Telly when it was raining and out in the road when it was dry.
A primary teacher told me 20 years ago that kids of 4 were coming to school who had never turned a page in a book, didn’t know how, and never held a crayon or a pencil in their little hand. Had to be shown how.
It’s a miracle they learned as much as they did!
22-02-2018, 18:49   #7509

It was "cool" among teens to misspell everything for a while, not sure if it's still going on. It certainly would lead to illiteracy at some stage.
Advertisement
22-02-2018, 19:36   #7510
Martina1991

A former schoolmate:
"Cannot wait....hav w8d so long 4 dis....birthday prezzie bein cashed in 2nite best surprise evr....#shopping #dublinbound".

I wonder what she does with all the time she saves writing in text speak.
22-02-2018, 19:56   #7511
Ralf and Florian
Banned

**** y do family s bud n in other people's relationship s honestly I'm sick of it I love **** I'm not like any skum bag if I did not love him y wud I walk true for him
Thanks from:
22-02-2018, 20:03   #7512
splinter65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf and Florian View Post
**** y do family s bud n in other people's relationship s honestly I'm sick of it I love **** I'm not like any skum bag if I did not love him y wud I walk true for him
This is sooo romantic.
“walk true for him” sigh !!!
22-02-2018, 20:26   #7513
Gravelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by splinter65 View Post
This is sooo romantic.
“walk true for him” sigh !!!
Probably meant "walk through him"
22-02-2018, 20:43   #7514
coolhull

Quote:
"I'm not like any skum bag"
No you're not, love. Most 'skumbags' that I know are capable of spelling the words 'scum bag"
(2) thanks from:
22-02-2018, 23:56   #7515
De Bhál

Quote:
I've given it a go...

Why do families butt into other people's relationships, honestly I'm sick of it. I love ****. I'm not a scumbag, if I didn't love him I'd walk, and he'd do the same thing.
Thread Closed