Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-09-2013, 04:48   #31
leahwechat

Send a message via MSN to leahwechat Send a message via Skype™ to leahwechat

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleLegend View Post
my cousin stayed in Griffith Halls of residence - she had great time there. she said the place was rocking every night, party central.
she didnt study there but they accept students from other colleges. its a bit pricey though so you may want to shop around but if you are looking for "Like minded individuals"......
The place which is close to the supermarket is the best choise for me ,because it's convenience .
Advertisement
11-03-2014, 15:56   #32
mccannalain

The student residences are usually the best places to go for accommodation especially if you're new to the city. Personally I started off in the residences and then moved to private accommodation in 3rd Year once I knew the city and how to deal with private landlords. It's very different dealing with private landlords! Although it tends to be cheaper and there's slightly less rules there is a little bit more to think about in terms of bills, bins, chasing landlords to fix maintenance issues (can be an absolute nightmare!) and budgeting for those things can be tricky. I stayed in Griffith Halls of Residence my first two years and it was very handy with no bills to pay as it was all included. They fixed the maintenance issues pretty quickly and you can get bits like light bulbs and hoover bags free from the office so every little helps when you're scraping money together as a student! Once you get settled by all means go for the private landlords if you think it'd be cheaper.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion