Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Windows Permissions to Synology box

Options
  • 17-07-2019 8:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

HI,

So I need to offload my NAS to a new location (Synology DS1819+)
    I have never had this issue before with robocopy or even drop and drag but the windows permissions are not copying. I have the correct switches as I have done this before to different NAS and it worked.

I have found two docs from Synology and followed both with no joy.

Have anyone come across this?

My switches
    Robocopy "D:" "W:" /COPYALL /S /M /R:1 /W:1 /XO /FFT

Synology Doc https://www.synology.com/en-global/knowledgebase/DSM/tutorial/File_Sharing/How_to_migrate_ACL_permissions_to_Synology_NAS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

So is the folders/files copying at all with that command or you get error?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭$ausage$

All copies fine just permissions are wrong they are the permissions set on the shared folder in synology.

Since found another post saying to add domain users in. I have done this still no joy

Strange, command seems OK and it works fine (copying within same disk on PC)
    Are permissions wrong/missing on all files? Are there same name folders already on destination - you using /XO - if the folder exists in both locations it compare and keep newer, thus permissions remain.

Edit: permission remain on folder

No it its a fresh drive every time I copy test.
    I have also used Fast Copy as synoligy said in their doc but not joy....

Its so frustrating

Check this out it might be culprit:
    ACL permissions inherited from PC server's root folder will not be migrated.

• Advertisement

Thats ok but even sub folders are not working.

Their support finally got back to me after 2 days.
    See attached

...you will need to contact Robocopy...
    !?!:D Ryan is gas

Dont have hardware to try recreate your situation and don't know folder structure you have, the way permissions set.

Have you tried to copy folder/file to a PC or other external drive?

Or might try create folder on destination instead copying directly to root("W:\Destination" vs "W:"), or even move source out of root (like D:\Source), convert permissions and then copy.

Yeh copied to sub folders and to different devices 2 in fact all ok.

Its a real pain in my *****

$ausage$ wrote: »
    Since found another post saying to add domain users in. I have done this still no joy
    So you in AD environment, have you joined NAS to domain? You should not need to create users, users should be read from AD and cashed.

Advertisement