Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

More than two persons in a 2-berth

• 14-07-2019 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just wondering if you can have more than 2 people in a 2 berth cabin with Brittany. We have our two kids and are planning to go on the Pont Aven but there is only 2-berth cabin left. Would it be (a) allowed and (b) physically possible (I know there are only 2 bunks in them).

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Absolutely not, health and safety alone. There wouldn't be sufficient life jackets for a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Wally Runs

Leaving aside the H&S issues already noted, you can go head to toe in the bunks but all depends on the kids ages and size. I think you would have to book reserved seats when you book.

The rooms are tight, but it is possible. A little of discipline when you are in the cabin will be required. In truth there is a lot to do on this ship, so aside from sleeping, I think you will not spend much time in the cabin. You could ask when you get on board if they have a larger cabin free (late cancellation)

My only other bits of advice are:
    1. Pack togs for the on-board pool, small but the kids love it.
    2. Book the buffet restaurant - Le Flora, the fancy one. Let your holiday start on the boat rather than when you get off.
    3. Pay in € on the boat, they may still encourage you pay in £, but the rate is mad.

Another possible alternative is for one adult and child to travel by ship and the others to fly in on the cheap to somewhere like Nantes (easy in - easy out). We have done that in the past due to work commitments and it works fine.

Wally

Have a great holiday which every way you travel.

Advertisement